Disappearing Traders

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Joules_Bianchi, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

On a fairly regular basis, traders in the bazaar disappear visually while trading with them / exiting them// Sometimes a find path leads to an empty space, yet /tar playername targets them, but I remain unable to open the merchant window. If I camp out and reenter the game right in front of them, they reappear. Once I open the merchant window, they disappear again...

On more than 1 occasion I had to have items mailed to me as there was no way to get the trader to appear. This gets rather costly when buying sets of armor lol.

No, I do not have any form of hide traders and no, the player isn't using any sort of invis I can't see.. I can see them (sometimes) when I first arrive, but any interaction makes them poof visually.

On a similar note-

I multi box and sometimes 1 or more of my boxed characters disappears from view entirely, also able to be /tar, but invis to other boxes until the character moves.

Apparently serverside is dropping /location data.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  2. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

This may be an obvious question and if so, I apologize, but are you sure you don't have Hide AFK players on?
  3. Thash Zoner

There's been a bug since the early days of EQ where people will become invisible and mostly untargetable to specific people randomly when someone else enters the zone. If they move they become visible. Have seen it time and again, it can definitely affect traders. Ive seen people 'disappear' standing right next to me.
  4. Jarsi Lorekeeper

had my box do it it is like its a visual thing or a glitch in the visuals vs data load on server
  5. FixShamanPlease Elder

I know I have to relog sometimes to see/target some NPC in Brother Island.
    In bazaar isnt this SoS related?