Guild Leadership Will

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

Greetings Daybreak and Players -

I have a very serious question. Would it be possible for the developers to create a 'Transfer of Leadership' protocol in the event of a guild leader's passing? For example, if I were to untimely pass due to a car accident - how would someone be able to effectively take over?
    Nniki likes this.
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

umm petition.. im sure CS could help in this uncommon situation.
  3. Aghinem Augur

Well, they changed their policy long ago that they don't get involved in guild affairs. I'm not trying to be a fatalist or anything, but was curious as to if it would be reasonable to setup a system where we can have a transfer of leadership program in the event something were to happen to a player that leads a guild. We may be able to get rez'ed in game, but we only got one shot on Earth.
  4. Ismel Augur

5. mmofosho Lorekeeper

Nice idea, but to be honest, I"m sure this can be taken care of through customer service. I wouldn't want development cycles spent on this taking up what seemingly limited resources the game has.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have given instructions to a RL person on how to make someone else a GL if something happens to me including how to DL EQ to another computer if mine are unavailable.

Not sure how Daybreak could discern between a GL that has just been gone a while and one that is dead. I guess they could send out an email "Your guild leadership will be taken away if you do not log into the game in 30 days".

I guess you could also set up a rank in your guild that has all the powers the guild leader has and select a living successor who could take over if something happened. This back up person would be able to promote anyone else up to that rank if needed and if the guild leader did return they would still have control of the guild.

Of course a whole separate issue would be a guild that does not want an long absent guild leader coming back and taking control again.

Maybe I missed something which is possible. Just seems to me there are a lot of ways for guild leaders to ensure a succession occurs if that is what they want to happen.
  7. Iila Augur

Feel free to acquire a new guild through game play.
    Nniki, Sindaiann, roguerunner and 9 others like this.
  8. Hostility Elder

Rofl
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. anvil Elder

i doubt that DBG would get too involved. best thing to do is to leave instructions with whomever you are wanting to give leadership too, that if you are in an accident then they will have to log your account on and pass leadership to themselves. i am sure that the person that you want to take over your guild is someone that you trust. so sharing the account info maybe wont be an issue. i know its not ideal but DBG would just suggest that everyone leave guild and they start up a new one.

or have a spouse or child be EQ savvy enough to log ur account on to transfer leadership
  10. Viper1 Augur

Option A: give your password to someone you trust well enough to handle this type of thing
    Option B: the remaining guild reforms under a new name
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

make 3 RL problem solved.