Bards on raid

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tuggrok, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Tuggrok New Member

Just curious if 8 bards for a 30-40 man raid group is considered too many? And how it may affect bard item drops.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

3. code-zero Augur

What inspired this question?
  4. p2aa Augur

8 bards is yet too much for a 54 man raid, so for a 30-40 raid force it will be too much.
    I think max you can field 6 bards for a 54 man raid.
    As to your second question, i'm not sure to understand do you mean raid loot choice ?
    Raid loot is completly random, and is not based on how many people of one class there is in raid.
    For example, you have 10 warriors, this won't increase the chance of the raid loot to drop the war only weapon
  5. mackal Augur

Any more than 1 bard per group is too much. Bards can improve any group make up, some more than others, but they can help.
  6. Kaliko Augur

Have you ever heard of a guild having too many bards? I haven't, infact I hear tons of guilds right now are recruiting bards :p
  7. Mysl Augur

If you are the 8th bard in your guild, do you want to xfer to my guild? We would love to have another bard.
  8. Derd Augur

um... 8 out of 40 means your either on a progression server or your not really doing current content.
  9. Tuggrok New Member

I'm on ragefire. I was one of the original 3 bards in the raid group. But now we have a bunch, and I was just curious if there is really a point in having so many, cause as far as I know, you don't really need more than on per group. Which means the extra bards would just be mediocre melee dps. Which doesn't really matter anyways, cause we have a pretty solid group and take down targets without much issue. So I guess just as long as everyone is having fun with their class, it's all good.

Thanks for the info guys.