Quarm Beta Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Jun 16, 2016.

1. anvil Elder

only if you want one of the rewards, this is meant to be a short term thing. something fun for the summer before the next expansion comes out. a lot dont like the idea of it simply because they dont like the rewards. regardless of the fun aspect. i am not max anything except level on live servers so i like the idea of the 500 AAs or the mount if the stats on the mount are worthy. (havent seen the stats on mount so i dont know if it is worthy or not) but i think this will be fun to work on for a few months
  2. Tyche Elder

There's two parts going on here. First, there is stuff missing/broken in the game that needs to be found and fixed. Like spells or starting gear to zones and quests in era, etc outside of OoW zones. Then there is the actual OoW zones and raids, picks, achievements, etc to be verified.

For the short beta period it's asking a lot to have people grind to 70 and do this and then do it again in a few weeks. Also the fact that few people actually run the beta client narrows this down even more. There should be a beta buff pick from 51-70 to speed this up. Also, would have been nice to have custom made level 70s in Planes or equivalent gear to simplify this. The gear sets could have been outsourced to the player community to save time and have class experts do the builds. Are you really expecting 50 people to level to 70 and gear sufficiently to test raids?

As for the real start of Quarm, you're starting at 51 and need to play. That's the point and part of the chase. Do you do tradeskills, do you run PoP progression or GoD to gear up. Your level puts you at Kunark/Velious for experience zones so you can't expect to log in and start doing MPG trials. There will be a lot of choices how to play and hopefully some fun finding people to hook up with.
  3. anvil Elder

well since we will be starting in flawed defiant gear, the gear isnt really an issue. as long as more defiant gear drops from random mobs gearing shouldnt be real hard. i hope that for this server that maybe they increase the drop rate for the defiant gear since this is meant to be a short term venture.

if you go look at elaborate defiant gear. which is 59-70 gear. only thing that beats this is raid gear. so for us groupers its better than anything that we could loot in OoW. which is awesome since this is a short term thing. i mean having to gear up a tank with drops would be a torture for group oriented people with just a couple of months. also the defiant gear helps the raiders since they wont have to go farm pop to get god gear then need god gear to get the oow gear. the defiant gear is almost on par with god gear so it helps everyone out that its there
  4. Potawatomi Augur

I don't know that defiant will be dropping when this goes live. I've been playing on the beta server since it went live and haven't seen defiant drop yet.
  5. anvil Elder

well that changes things. but that brings up the question. why let us start in flawed defiant gear then have no more defiant. oh well, flawed defiant is still pretty decent gear for the era
  6. Kloodge Elder

This is definitely an issue for me, too. I have serious doubts about playing if it stays like this.
    Zeltari-Ragefire likes this.
  7. Laronk Augur

Thats what the game was like back then, you didn't just blow your load.
  8. Laronk Augur

Flawed defiant gear is " decent" but its not decent enough to tank MPG in. I doubt any other defiant will be dropping either They let us start in defiant so we're really well geared 51's but its 50-60 hp in most slots, it will get you to 70 but it's going to be rough finishing the group trials in that
  9. Laronk Augur

I think there is, but this is different than phinny also.
  10. Tyche Elder

Plus a steady drip of KEI and hopefully a bard in your group.
  11. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

Any rewards for beta testing ?
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The joy of helping iron out issues for a new way of playing the game you enjoy.

I actually don't know either way :) Just thought I would mention this.
    Jenarie and Potawatomi like this.
  13. Zeltari-Ragefire Lorekeeper

I'll do it for you Ngreth <3
  14. Santified Lorekeeper

So is beta over? Shows no server under server select. Neither my room mate or my computers see any server since either sunday or monday.
  15. JChan Developer

This should be fixed now.
  16. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I have a strenuous objection to the Quarm category of achievements appearing in the achievement list for all players. Some of us have been, for years, been working on maxing out all of our achievements and I personally feel very strongly that after devoting a huge amount of time on my main character and being a staunch, loyal, supporter of EQ over the years, playing on a secondary server should not be required. These achievements should only show to people who earn them, imo, if you must have them. I understand this isnt a bug but I beg you to reconsider. The appearance of this item in the list has absolutely gutted my personal desire to finish now, along with many others i know who have been working towards this goal as well.
  17. Dzarn Developer

The Quarm achievement category will contain a single achievement visible on all servers for a 2 week period. At the end of those 2 weeks the achievement will disappear from all servers.

The achievements specific to this event of the Quarm server will only be visible on the Quarm server for its duration in order to award prizes to players who qualify for them.

The empty Quarm achievement category will most likely become hidden after the Quarm server event concludes.
    adetia and CrazyLarth like this.
  18. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Thank you for your thorough, thoughtful reply!