Better duo: bst/dru or nec/shm

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vontod, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Vontod Augur

Hey guys,

Wondering what a better duo would be. I currently have a 54 bard and 26 necro. Would like to know which duo would be better for:
    A. getting some quick exp if I only have an hour to kill and
    B. Camping for that elusive item on off times

Seems like both duos pair well, but necro/shaman would be better for dungeon pulling, but would druid/beastlord be royally crippled for that? The druid has roots, but that doesn't seem to come close to FD splitting.

Would also be boxing them, so the less complex the better.

Thanks,
    ~Von
  2. Kodjak Lorekeeper

Bst/Nec is the way I'd go. slow, snare, root, pets, nice bst dots, nec dots, taps, FD pulling, buffs for pets... list goes on.
  3. EQcleric Elder

Necro / necro.
  4. Rorce Augur

I know it's not one of your choices, but I think out of the listed classes I would personally go nec/dru.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

Nec / Shm by far.
  6. Kiani Augur

Another thing to think about, in terms of gearing, bst/dru has a disadvantage in that both are leather, which is one of the rarer drops generally because there are fewer classes using it. In the earlier expansions, at least, it can be hard to gear leather classes well, and you'd have 2 of them.
  7. Vontod Augur

Good point...

I'm also stuck between the ease of getting to places (in Luclin, at least) and a better ability to break camps with FD.

Also, what about ease of boxing? Would a beastlord be much harder due to being melee? It sounds like with that combo, I could pull with druid, swap to beastlord and set up the pet/slow/dots, and then jump over to the druid for heals and extra dps. With the shaman/necro I'm wondering if their would be more micro managing.

For those that said duos without slow, am I over valuing slow? I feel like I remember it being pretty much needed in Luclin and beyond.

~Von
  8. Chuuk Augur

FD splitting is a bit overrated...using pacify / lull is so much easier.
    Either combo would work just dandy. You'll definitely need the BST to have the lvl 60 slow, but with the new pet aggro thing, and bst pets being dope, you'll be fine.
    The only con I can see of either pair would be that you have weak melee DPS, so if you encounter highly MR mobs it might take a while to knock them down.
  9. Kiani Augur

I suspect that Luclin was when people generally started to realise the value of slow first time around. It's most powerful for Kunark through Luclin.

However, PoP is when mobs generally mitigate slow, so it actually loses value from there on in. Not to say it isn't still considered nearly essential to have a slower in a group, but for solo/duo it depends on how you're planning to do stuff.

If you're root/dotting or fear kiting, or agro kiting, for example, slow is mostly irrelevant.
  10. Rhoulicas Augur

I've done a variety over the past few years and I loved my necro/shaman box. I really liked rogue/shaman, too, but just can't be an effective enough rogue to make it worth it boxed. I have been stuck on bard/shaman at present. It's now my favorite, although the dps is lacking.
  11. Adumbral Journeyman

Necro/Mage is very OP