Lag is back. DDoS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zeklia, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gromph Elder

Hey I agree Nightmares, screw them, however if you are going to talk crap, at least be able to back it up. DB obviously cannot do that right now, so no need to throw gasoline on a fire.
  2. Rakaziik New Member

That's not realistic. There's no way one map can track every cyber attack that happens. Think of it this way, a DDoS is done by sending packets of data to a server, over and over again, amplified in the thousands, or millions, by multiple streams of packets hitting a single target to bog the bandwith down so bad, that it either crashes the server, or leaves it near-inoperable.
    This is done, by the average user, except it's not done on extreme levels or all at once. Therefore, it were trackable, it would show us all logging in and accessing the server, hundreds of thousands of us, whenever we logged in.
    And this is just EQ. Think of all the ways you access a server online. Now, multiply by however many billion people in the world.
    That map would destroy your graphics card and cpu if it tracked all that, let alone be able to load it.

Therefore, that norsecorp crap is unreliable and unrealistic.
  3. Spencer Kane New Member

Let me get this straight . . you mean to tell me that once again I can't even log in to the game I am paying to play because Daybreak has another product in which they have somehow offended their player base and who is now exacting their revenge on DB's entire network? Do you, Daybreak, not know how the internet works? Actions have consequences! So in all your "EverQuest Community Friendly" producer's videos you are just pretending to care about your EQ players / payers? But when push comes to shove, you have no precautions in place to protect us from this kind of preventable event? How the hell did you allow this to get so out of hand? And during it all I have not seen word one of explanation or acknowledgement. (Some one "looking into the issue" is NOT an adequate response.) Can we expect this again tomorrow night? And the night after? I certainly hope h1z1 is highly profitable (and in the future not so problematic) for you, because another night like the last two and you will have three less accounts supporting what I thought was your flagship, EverQuest. I am not only feeling tremendously peeved by this incident, as a 17 year player I am personally offended.
  4. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

ITT: people who underestimate how hard it can be to fight DDoS attacks by people with too much extra cash floating around

edit: can i have your stuff?
  5. nolan081100 Journeyman

it only tracks specific types of traffic, does it track 100% of it, no, but it does catch a lot. and if there were enough packets being sent to lag a server down like the ones at DBGs it would show at least 10% of it that would be around 100 at the bottom end and 1,000+ at the top end, i seen this map when the DDoS attacks happened last time, and it was a massive amount of attacks in the California area
  6. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Did you also talk about how to make sure this never happens again?
  7. Imortus New Member

EDIT: After looking in to this some more(I am a systems engineer) It appears that all of the files for my characters on the Bristlebane server are now corrupted. I was able to copy the layouts, etc. from files from another server, so if you are having similar issues, I would suggest you do the same.

I have lost all of my UI configs and settings. Anyone know how to get this stuff back? I appreciate any help, thanks!
    Coagagin likes this.
  8. Coagagin Guild house cat

UI was corrupted and my Wizard merc was deleted from my available list merc. Suspect Imortus is correct as the Indicators of Compromise or IoCs. May point to something much larger. Need to ensure this isn't some odd one-off type of things by running a full set of CRC on all client files and replace those missing or corrupt files.
  9. Weverley Augur

If they would separate their games infrastructure at least it would be contained to h1z1 instead of affecting eq.eq2,dcuo,landmark and planetside but it is indeeed a pain to stop a ddos ask CIA,FBI or the u.s. government who are all been subject to those kind of things.
  10. Siny Augur

I logged in a bit ago and have now relogged both accounts twice but Im still getting 500+ms on AB. Not many playing actively atm but another who logged in a long time ago, is fine. ISP is demon and their service status page is showing no issues atm. I can do everything else fine, its just EQ thats lagging
  11. Nightmares Augur

true
  12. malaxe New Member

any word when chat will be back up
  13. Vowraith New Member

Still having issues???
  14. Ducreux Augur

Day 3, the lag has returned. All hope is lost.
  15. Cenzo New Member

Heya folks,

I am posting this for a friend who unfortunately is completely computer illiterate. (he knows how to turn it on...)

Myself and him regularly play 3 accounts each, without any additional 3rd party help.

He used to run 2 monitors while doing this, and it all worked fine.

But recently, since unplugging his 2nd monitor, he is getting huge FPS drop and lag on his background proccesses of eq.

I have talked him through cleaning his PC, and updating drivers etc but the problem is still persisting.

We then looked at increasing the resources for background processes which also did not help.

He has since done a complete reinstall of his windows version.

Can any of you suggest other things we can try to resolve this please?
  16. Ducreux Augur

Press alt+o to open the options menu. Go to the Display tab at the top. Click ADVANCED button towards the bottom right. A new window should popup. In the bottom-right of that window is a slider for "Max Background FPS", try setting that to around 30.

This also allows box accounts to autofollow for the most part without having huge pathfinding issues.
  17. FiveHour Journeyman

Experiencing heavy lag again. Who will win? The corporation, or the little kid? My money is on the little kid since Daybreak has set precedence with not being able to:

1) Develop a game (See EQ Next fail)
    2) Successfully manage their current lineup of games
  18. Runforitmartty New Member

Options -> Display -> Advanced -> Max Background FPS Slider is set to minimum. Slide it up to 30 or so, 30 is more than plenty of FPS for an MMO.
  19. Sindaiann Augur

Yep occurring again on Drinal. This is becoming absolutely ridiculous
  20. Majakian New Member

This is getting ridiculous...3 times in 3 days with this crap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.