DDoS attackers question?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnchFWO Augur

Not that it didn't ruin my raid night (the past two nights now) but doesn't it make you feel good to realize your life is pretty happy and more or less content without launching a mass internet attack over an item in a video game? And I'm just speaking in general terms. If it was in fact a person facilitating this over a video game item then wow... that just makes me feel even better about my world. :D

I mean... if EQ people did this kindof BS every nerf that came along, every Mage in EQ would be under federal investigation for DDOS attacks against DBG by now.
  2. Weverley Augur

Actually a division of Renova call Columbus nova.Look for Jake epstein i think he's the 1 in charge for eq.
  3. Rumblerum Augur

Yep. Well, the parent to the parent.
  4. Mannhec Lorekeeper

Although in defense of Renova/DB, on Pre-launch day for us Trailblazers/Founders (whatever we are hehe) day of Landmark they totally fried my account... I could not log into any of the DB games. Sent a twitter and opened a ticket using an alt account... they got me fixed in like 45 minutes. I am not sure I have seen that level of support from EQ since like 2000.
  5. Pinvarin New Member

I would give up the free stuff as compensation if they would just face the fact that they may need some help with security issues such as 12 yr old hackers and bite the bullet. I find it so hard to believe that there is not someone out there for hire that can fix this. We dip into our pockets every month maybe it is time for a show of good faith from the ones that make much more than we do. I read about these ideas for a new server or a new zone or a costume party that most of us can not make and I think. Maybe we should protect what we have before we move on to new stuff. I would even pay an extra dollar on my account to avoid spending my time writing this piece.
  6. Mannhec Lorekeeper

Well, I just successful logged into Landmark. Not tried the others.
  7. Mannhec Lorekeeper

And the build I spent the last 5 hours working on is still intact -- Woot! hehe.
  8. Ratbo Peep Augur

Let's cut the BS.
    As far as I know, Daybreak money comes from some pretty sketchy Russian "investors".
    I would think if they wanted some little puke in Finland off the map - that could "happen".
    Same for a traceback of current griefers... <EG>
    -R
    Hiladdar likes this.
  9. Aghinem Augur

[IMG]
    Elricvonclief, Nennius and Iila like this.
  10. Vdidar Augur

Is it over yet?
  11. Weverley Augur

I'm sure if you use any search engine about smedley and that court proceeding in finland you can find same info i just summarize for you.As far why renova didn't make the kid disappear i'll let you figure it out i'm not sherlock holmes.
  12. Makinn New Member

How about we start holding the person behind the action responsible? this isn't daybreak. No matter what security they have there is always someone out there that can beat it. Until society holds individuals behind the action accountable events like this will always happen.
  13. Vdidar Augur

They took the banner down. Can we get in now?
  14. Aghinem Augur

I doubt its completely over, but you should be able to login for the time being. I would be cautious about doing any long duration events.
  15. Vdidar Augur

Thanks
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

I never knew that Putin had long hair as a child.
    Aghinem likes this.
  17. Aghinem Augur

Looks like it is starting up again. Should be able to chat at least.
  18. Aghinem Augur

Compare the smiles in different photos, you know I don't have to go into detail about what Putin did to himself...or should I say...herself?
  19. Vdidar Augur

I do know that the game is not playable right now.
  20. Aghinem Augur

Aye, as I suspected it wouldn't be playable. If you are lucky enough to be in, do not zone. Just chat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.