Mages

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Millianna, May 11, 2016.

1. Enkel Augur

I heard there are some strong pets in Rift.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Don't hate the player, hate the game!
  3. Enkel Augur

I don't hate you, but I'm starting to hate this game (can't remember the last time I played the game just to play the game). Only reason to log on, for me, is to say hi to people. Maybe cast a mana rod here and there, just for old times' sake.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Don't you have a challenge to complete with a certain "best mage in game?"

hahaha
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

That's like shooting fish in a barrel. I have challenged him to out mage me in Rift - that's the real challenge! He is skeered!
    Enkel likes this.
  6. Stune Augur

Your not alone, but i really loved my mage. Its hard to see him sitting there rotting since 100lvl.

Sancus knows what i mean.... so i play a low level newbie mage, enchanter, and cleric on TLP.

Its actually fun.

I am no where near F/T player anymore. Ever since that first nerf, breaking my hand i gave up on the mage seeing all those nerfs. So 2-3 expacs behind i am not even going to bother. Waiting on pantheon and a few other games now.
  7. kizant Augur

That's your problem to figure out. If you wanted to play a raid DPS class why didn't you choose a raid DPS class?
  8. Piemastaj Augur

Yes, because Wizards do not have an ADPS buff that made or broke Mage and Necro Parses all by themselves.

You right though...

Lol.
  9. Leex Pewpewer

Ignorance is bliss, eh?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Igniz Augur

We did. When I chose the magician as my main back in 2006, it WAS considered a DPS class.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  11. Stune Augur

In 99 we where considered a dps/utility class, many years later it was decided the mage became a dps class, by whom i think we evolved with spell increases and pet abilities.

We had no run speed - root abilities ever, however we still had to play our classes not run around kiting everything since 99.

i still consider us a dps/utility class.
  12. Igniz Augur

And exactly what is our "Utility"? Manarods ...
  13. Brohg Augur

In 99? food/water/bandages, invis stones & lev rings. heck I once equipped an entire party with summoned Swords of Runes so we could camp Shadowed Men.
  14. Igniz Augur

Yeah, I can totally imagine my raidleader asking mages to summon bandages and help heal the MT ... or supply the new applicants with invis stones and levi rings because they dont have clickies for that (or their own invis and levi abilities) ...
  15. kizant Augur

How about embracing your utility heritage and ask for upgrades and/or suggest new things? Wouldn't you rather have a more interesting role?

Hmmmmm. How about this. It's the enchanter's main job to focus wizard dps right? Maybe mages could get abilities to focus necro dps.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Lol what? That is incredibly far from an enchanter's main job. After a statement like that, it's going to be incredibly hard to take anything you say seriously.........
    Vdidar and Sancus like this.
  17. kizant Augur

Can't be serious all the time! For the record, I love all enchanters.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Lol yea, how about its one of many roles but certainly not a main one.

You should pop over and check out our thread on enchanter's roles on raids, it "may" be enlightening.

Having a beer right now!
  19. Sindaiann Augur

I want parse data from the "other" challenge. Although I am confident what it will show lol
  20. Reht The Dude abides...

Earth pet wins every time........................
    Sancus likes this.