Pets taking way more damage since patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triconix Augur

You're completely missing the point.

No matter what they do - rune the pet, buff the pet, give the pet items - they are still taking more damage than what they were previously. Nobody has said that their pets are suddenly dying. You just assumed that. It's really not that hard a concept to understand.

Pets now have less shielding mod2 so they are innately taking more damage - runes or no runes used.
    Sancus and Iila like this.
  2. Yimin Augur

Yes and good players adapt .....The difference in Dmg is not much ....

Yi Min
  3. Triconix Augur

/facepalm.

Again, not the point. The point is that they are taking more damage and for reasons that were not mentioned previously by the devs. I don't care if the difference is 1% from pre to post patch. The pet community at least deserves an answer to their question/concern because it was a phantom nerf and (hopefully) unintentional as pets were already tuned multiple times and were perfectly fine.

If my warrior were randomly taking in more damage due to a hidden change in the shielding system, I'd ask questions and expect answers also. I don't care how trivial the amount of damage is, my power got worse for no reason or explanation.

This does affect me too since my alt is a necro that I use almost as much as my warrior and in case you didn't know, necros don't have nearly as many pet buffs as mages.
    disgruntled, Iila and Sancus like this.
  4. Kobrah Augur

Lmao @ every response. It's just too funny.
    Leex, Vdidar and Yimin like this.
  5. Yimin Augur

Yes so true but they do have many defense they can use also for when they pet tanking, and pet is a tank ,not the best but better then a merc ...

Yi Min:D
  6. Enkel Augur

Okay, I'll be the third RoI mage dragged into this. It isn't a matter of the DMG intake being much greater, it's the fact it is greater. No where has an RoI mage said that they can't keep their pet up in TBM, all we have stated, and we utilize empirical data vs your anecdotes, is our pets are taking more DMG (the other RoI mages, this is my first post in this thread) than before. This is an honest question, with no malice attached, but have you taken any college courses, Yimin?

I know your English isn't the greatest due to it being a secondary language for you, so it's possible much is lost in translation, but your points are unsubstantiated, and hold zero credence . Every mage in RoI has college, is in college, or has multiple degrees. Now, most individuals on these forums potentially have a form of "higher" education so I am not boasting were anything noteworthy, but I'm honestly wondering if you're unexposed to the scientific method, and empirical data, or you're purely ignorant of the material at hand. To make it clear, ignorant doesn't mean I'm using an ad hominem to attack your intellectual capacity, just a statement about your potential lack of information.

Yi Min, you seem to be very passionate, but arguing with people that know, objectively, a vast quantity more about the game's systems and a particular class is a disservice to yourself. Even within Realm there is a decent gap between our performance, and our knowledge of the class. Though I understand that Realm doesn't have every top mage in the game, I would argue, using parses and talking to mages in the community, that we have the highest collective knowledge of the class in a single guild. This allows us to discuss the class with each other, and is especially useful when time is short. Personally, I have had the most stressful month of my life between work and other affairs that has been a great burden for me. Even so, I can receive data from my guildies when necessary, and together we can address the issue at hand (usually we do most things solo, talk about it for 2 seconds, and then bemoan our angst with the class's current state).

Being in Realm means if we miss something, one of the other mages notice, and will inform the rest; though individually the three that care about the math rarely miss things alone, regardless. Beastlord is your main class now, and you admit you're rusty with the class (mage), so why are you arguing with us, while also arguing about a point we didn't make? I don't intend to be coarse, but I've seen your parses while you were in CT; I literally have the majority of your parses while you were active there. Said parses did not reflect someone that knew a plethora about the class. You vehemently stated you could beat anyone, while you were not even top of your guild. I made an offer of millions of plat and multiple krono's to any mage that could do 70% of my nightly combine, and you were never among the mages that attempted the challenge. You're adamant on the forums, but never prove it in a "competitive" environment. Your actions', towards the magician class, are the antithesis of competence. I know your rebuttal, if there is one (we are aware how much you dislike us), will contain no relative substance, but I would be more inclined to take you seriously if you, for starters, put effort towards comprehending the subject matter; your rhetoric shows otherwise.
    Brohg, disgruntled, Iila and 2 others like this.
  7. Vdidar Augur

All I really can say is this thread delivers on so many levels.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

LOL ya'll getting trolled by lil Yimin?

This thread isn't even worth responding too. People have light skins and report stuff like it's kindergarten.
  9. RadarX Augur

This one has run a bit and as always we appreciate the feedback. No changes are being planned at this time. The team will obviously let everyone know should that change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.