Old characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Coldan, May 24, 2016.

1. Coldan New Member

I am trying to come back to the game after having been gone for about 13 years or so. About 2 years ago, I got on briefly to look and my characters were still there. Now they seem to be missing. Is there a way to recover them? I cannot find a phone number for customer support, just email which is generally slow and unreliable to getting your needs across.
    I was on Bertoxx back then and still was when I looked a couple years ago. Thanks.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

They eliminated phone support. You'll have to petition. Also, hopefully it's a paid account; if not, they really don't help free-to-play accounts unless it is related to a marketplace purchase.
  3. CaptainSkeet Augur

Make sure your server didn't get merged somewhere. The characters should still be there, mine are very old but still around.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If all else fails go thru the account recovery tool on the eq main page under help. Its a common issue.
  5. Weverley Augur

I would just check every server to see if i can find them sometimes things get mess up but they are still somewhere.
  6. Enigma Maitreya Augur

I came back a couple months ago and found basically nothing as I expected it to be character wise.

Some characters by name were on different servers that I never was on, right name, right class, wrong sex and wrong level.

I never found some characters.

I went through several iterations with DB checking into it and at the end got "Yes we have confirmed the characters are on XXX". *Shrug* I just threw in the towel as I was spending far more time (at that time) waiting to see if things could get sorted out and not really sorting things out myself.

My solution, may be drastic from some peoples viewpoint, was to simply go all access on both accounts and upgrade/recreate all my characters(8 on 1 account 7 on the 2nd account) as heroic.

That allowed me to put it all behind me and move on.

At the end of the day, I am fairly certain that at a minimum, both accounts were restored to a time 1.5 to 2.5 years before I left, that would account for the majority of missing characters. The characters I did find, gave me NO reason to believe there had been an account hack and the passwords were intact.

I hope your experience is different and to your liking.
  7. Weverley Augur

There was a hack also somewhere around 2011 with all servers closed for some weeks so could be that yours weren't restored.
  8. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Thanks for that information, yeah I left in 2010 and if they didn't restore to the correct level for some reason .....