EGN

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Asinann, May 23, 2016.

1. Asinann New Member

As a few of you know, EGN lost it's old site and got moved entirely to a new one. The information is still good, but with the change in people running it, do NOT disagree with it. The new admins are banning ten year members over real world political differences in the flame war section now and are not afraid to admit it.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    You're stupidity will not be tolerated. Go f*** yourself.
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    That's a quote from their new ban message with the language cleaned up.

So if you plan to post there, make sure you don't post anything that is not towing the extreme right wing christian Murican line.

Kind of ironic though that they ban over "stupidity" but still used the wrong your.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Not my board, but if that's the case I'd hope they update their rules.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

IDK seems pretty normal for EGN.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

Let people go over there and judge for themselves why you got banned (i don't agree with it, but not my call) you shouldn't come over here and complain, like anyone that posts opposite opinions is going to get banned.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

The plot thickens
  6. sojero One hit wonder

Come on over, we even have a unicorn section for you now :)
    Kravn likes this.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

The last thread i actually took the time to read was when Kelefane came out as an user.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

9. Asinann New Member

Except that I WAS the only opposing opinion to him. He has posted nothing but how he hates blacks, Mexican, gays, trans and any non-christian for the last ten years that I know of. I called him on his crap and he couldn't take it.
  10. Asinann New Member

Well the only one that was willing to just say it and not couch it in cowardly language.
  11. Asinann New Member

And this is the only place to post about it. Have to warn people off that don't worship at the alter of Rush.
  12. Kravn Augur

Hi guys... I am Kravn, one of the two admins of the newly built EQShadowknight.net.

I just want to clear up a few details on what happened and why.

To start, Asinann, your views were never in question. I personally felt you made some pretty decent points up until those points turned into spears of personal attacks. Calling the board head admin a bigot and telling him you wish he would die of old age (which, we are in our 30s so good luck riding that one out) is not the right way to ensure your message gets across cleanly.

We encourage crossed views; heated debate is a centering stone of the shadowknight community we have grown to love over the years, but the way you escalated it into a personal attack is not cool and wont be tolerated.

Additionally coming to the DBG forums to publicly try to humiliate the people that are keeping the community alive is likely not the best course of action you could have taken. I was thinking about lifting the ban, but I don't really feel like someone of your character could really make much of a positive contribution at this point.

Thank you for reinforcing just how petty you really are.
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

I know it predates the new incarnation of EGN but the Flame On section never should have been added in the first place.
    People want to debate/offer opinions about RL issues? Go to sites specific to those topics. They're quite abundant.
  14. Kravn Augur

Oh, as a side note for everyone else... We are currently in the process of trying to revive The Steel Warrior within our boards. We are working with Shirion to convert the old databases into a format we can merge cleanly into our boards, but things are going slowly at the moment.

Hopefully some good news soon... Will keep you all posted!!

thanks,
    Dre. likes this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Holler if I can be of any help.
  16. Asinann New Member

Kravn. He IS a bigot. He has called me every racial slur and slur for homosexual he knows.
    I broke ZERO forum rules. And had notice the ban would never be lifted. The only one being petty was him. "You have a different opinion, you must BE that thing I am busy trying to justify belittling.

And in case he deleted or changed the post explaining it, I didn't wish or threaten death on him. Guessing hyperbole isn't your strong suit either though.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

18. Galdous Augur

Eh. As someone who is a free thinking libertarian I do not think they should ban you for having an opposing view. That is the worst form of hypocrisy when people should be shut out because they do not share your views. But normally there are two sides to the argument so probably just someone annoyed they got banned for being belligerent.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Is it me or were a ton of posts deleted from that thread?

At the time of reading it I didn't recall either party crossing any kind of major line, both sides talked smack, but par for the course in a flame forum. They both said some aggressive, out of line things, and Xan did absolutely say some pretty bigoted sounding things to contribute to the argument at the start, so it's not like this was a totally one sided affair.

And yet one guy is banned by the other? Asi coming here to complain about it is pretty bush league, I agree, but since he was swiftly banned for not piping down when the masters told him to, what option did he have?

As one poster eloquently put it....we needed a volunteer forum host, not a volunteer forum King.

I respect what you guys did to save the forum, but if this is the way it's going to be run it's a pretty significant change from before, and not for the better.
  20. p2aa Augur

I went to read some thread there, and in the thread SK created to comment on the big tank thread closed, it's fun to read how one dimensional people are there.
    You are going to tell me it's a knight forum so of course you will have only one sound.

I'm not sure to want the Steel Warrior ran by some knight fanboy guys.