Test Update 5/23/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 23, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

*** Miscellaneous ***
    - Resolved more server stability issues.
    - Fixed an issue where if a character couldn't be loaded at character select it was displaying as a level 1 Paladin. Logging into that character would then corrupt your character and permanently save the level 1 Paladin. If for some reason a character can't be loaded it will now properly not appear at character select.
    - Resolved an issue where new characters weren't properly being created and causing all kinds of other issues.

If you are still missing characters on the Test Server, please submit an in-game /bug report from the account that is missing a character. In the /bug report please include your character(s) name and how the character was created (created on the server before May, created on the server recently, /testcopied).

Edit: 5/24 Patch Notes:
    *** Miscellaneous ***
    - Resolved an issue related to archived items that would cause a server crash when trying to load accounts at character select.
  2. Gotcharms Journeyman

ty Jenn.
    JChan likes this.
  3. bringo322 New Member

Thanks a lot. Still missing a character on one of my accounts, so I /bug-d it. We appreciate your help and your updates.
  4. JChan Developer

Server is down again. Investigating...
    Gallexy Faraway likes this.
  5. JChan Developer

The Test Server is back up. Please post here if it crashes again.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

7. Eetra Journeyman

/bug'd my missing character. Good to see test back up though.
  8. Nefril New Member

Server is down again
  9. JChan Developer

Investigating.

Edit: We're pushing out some more diagnostic code. ETA 1:00PM Pacific.
  10. Gallexy Faraway New Member

Cool thanks for the update! I looked and saw the banner in the game chat had a note that you were investigating and I was super happy to see it there too! I had to log on and say thanks! Be back around 1 then. Good luck, hope you can nail whatever is causing the server issues.
  11. JChan Developer

The Test Server is back up and unlocked. We've added some more diagnostic code to track down what happened today. Please let us know when the server crashes in this thread. Thanks!
  12. Secura New Member

It just crashed. The same thing happened on Friday. I had 3 toons in PoK, having just got Franklin Teek's dailies on each toon, and attempted to port all 3 out at the same time. It never showed them loading, but the server crashed at that exact time.
  13. Nefertiti New Member

Test is down :(
  14. JChan Developer

Thanks for the report. We're looking into what the diagnostics picked up. No ETA at the moment.
  15. JChan Developer

Just an update. We're still investigating the source of the crash. No ETA.
  16. Helium New Member

17. Ishtass Augur

try {
    //everything
    } catch (Exception e) {
    //eat it
    }

//you're welcome, just kidding
  18. JChan Developer

Pushing out a new build now. ETA 7:30PM Pacific.

Edit: Test Server has been updated and unlocked. Patch notes at the top. Please let us know if the server crashes again.
  19. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thank you for all the updates and efforts today. I am logging in now. If there is anything specific that you need us to watch for let us know and we will gladly do so.
  20. JChan Developer

Just please continue reporting any oddities with characters and things changing when zoning. Thanks!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.