Thinking of returning

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kegster, May 16, 2016.

1. Kegster New Member

I am a long lost player giving a thought at returning. How long? Well... my level 65 cleric was maxed and Ykesha was the last expansion I played.
    With that in mind, and seeing as I plan on playing casually, I have 2 questions.
    Should I try to pick up where I left off with my cleric or start over?
    If I start over, I am open to recommendations as to which server to play on.

Downloading the game as I type this.
  2. Bret with 1 t New Member

I dropped off about the time you did and returned in late March. Your Cleric has been sitting on ice and has some very nice and useful Veterans rewards waiting. I would suggest starting a new character and going through the Gloomingdeep tutorial just to get used to how the game has changed and all the new features.
    Kodjak likes this.
  3. Aghinem Augur

This is a very different game now than what you remember from Ykesha. This is my suggestion; save your level 65 cleric, but start a new toon and go through the tutorial to get a feel for the game. Then from there, you can determine if you want to continue to play the new toon or start your cleric back up. Either way, its win / win.
  4. Kegster New Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice. I think I'll start a new toon and see how it goes.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Once you get thru the tutorial you can probably get by on your old cleric if you want or play on both.
  6. TwoScoopsOfHot New Member

I just started back up recently as well. Had left around GoD/OoW. I did exactly as described above, I started a new character and ran the tutorial all the way through just to re-acclimate to the controls and whatnot. Then I switched back to the 70 Enchanter and started learning how to play her again. It took some work and some research on Alla's, etc. But now I'm back in the groove. I do highly recommend reading some other posts on the subject about doing your /claim and /veteranreward and whatnot.
  7. Kegster New Member

So, I started a wizard and played through the tutorial. It does seem like the game has changed more than a little. This merc thing is crazy.
    Decided I really love playing clerics more than anything so logged onto my 65 thinking I would get him ready to play. That's when I noticed my epic, the water sprinkler, is missing. I'm sure it isn't very good anyway (heck, even back then I didn't use it for soloing) but it is a kick in the teeth considering all the work I put into it.
    Anyway, I think I am going to grab a merc and work on my skills with my 65 cleric until I get things set up then go heroic.
  8. Gaen Journeyman

Did you check through your bank to make sure its not in there? I havent been back all that long myself but I cant think of why your epic 1.0 would be gone. If it makes you feel better you should be able to level quickly and start going for your 1.5 and 2.0 fairly soon.

If you happen to be on Prexus server look for an SK named Gaen id be up for grouping if your interested.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Borek-VS Augur

You should also bear in mind that the icon for the cleric 1.0 changed a few years ago, so you might not see what you are expecting.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. SomeEQGuy Elder

You can also do a /outputfile inventory in game and it will drop a text file to your hard drive. It lists everything in your inventory and bank slots. Use notepad to search the file and it will tell you what inventory/bank slot your epic is in.

ETA: I don't think it lists housing slots but you probably don't have a house.
  11. Kegster New Member

Thanks guys. I feel like I have checked my inventory fairly carefully but I will try the output file idea to verify.
    I'm thinking this game just doesn't like me at this point. I started a new cleric on Xegony and decided to Heroic him. Couldn't stand the thought of going Heroic on my old toon, just didn't feel right. I was under the impression that I was supposed to get armor and weapon upgrades appropriate for lvl 85. Instead I'm sitting in a high level zone with lvl 2 gear.
    This just doesn't feel like how a heroic upgrade should be done. I even clicked yes for the skill bar updates and it didn't do those, either. Hopefully I can get some help from Daybreak with these issues.
  12. Borek-VS Augur

The hot bar updates seem to be a bit hit and miss; possibly just poorly thought out.

You should have some heroic bags in your inventory, along with the gear updates. Are you Silver or All Access, and do you use a custom UI?
  13. Kodjak Lorekeeper

as soon as you load in as hero the first time you should hear the bells, and a ton of pop ups invade your screen for you to claim your gear, it doesnt just "start" on your toon, you have to actively claim it. you should get a full set of gear filling every slot on your person (minus ammo) two big bags, 15k plat, a mount etc. if you zone those windows should pop back up if you clicked them all off.
    Borek-VS likes this.
  14. Crystilla Augur

Kegster, are you paying for your account (aka all access) or are still a free account?
  15. Kegster New Member

I'm playing an all access account now. And things are looking better. I tried to relog last night and didn't get any items however when I logged in this morning I was able to /claim all of the heroic rewards.
    Now, other than learning how to play again and setting up macros, I think I'm good on this account!
  16. Gialana Augur

If you've closed your rewards window (which is where the heroic armor goes). You can get it back by logging out and in or by clicking the EQ button > player > quest rewards, or something similar. I think I was only able to get the auto hot buttons set up when I made the character heroic before logging it in ever. If you ever decide to delete the heroic character you just purchased, make sure to put the platinum and Bayle marks into the shared bank or on another character before deleting. After deleting the heroic character that you purchased, the slot opens up for you to make another (without another purchase), but you won't get the Bayle marks or platinum the next time you use that heroic character slot.
  17. Bret with 1 t New Member

One addition not to be overlooked is Banestrike. Took one of my legacy characters to Crushbone and the giant fort in WW for a couple of hours to get the basic one for orcs and giants.
  18. Turinbar Augur

It is very difficult to level past about 64 using a single merc and one character, as I am discovering. Not sure what I"m going to do. Grouping is absolutely dead unless its a powerlevel on the live servers, its a real shame after coming from the TLP
  19. Alekyne Journeyman

If you have yet to locate your cleric's epic 1.0, try checking with a Parcel Merchant. When I returned, I was missing a few items and that's where I found them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Borek-VS like this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This. . When EQ initially went free to play free and silver had a reduced number of bag slots, now everyone has 10. As a result characters who were using all slots had the items then inaccessible slots parceled to them.