No New Registration on GoBerserker

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Alchem The Judge, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I have recently got my girlfriend to play again and she has chose the Berserker class. She's having a ton of fun but she's getting lost. I tried to register her on the GoBerserker website but they are not accepting any new registrations. From what we both can tell there is about at least a year gap in posts so we're aren't sure about updated info. We both have gone through a good portion of the data there, I admit not everything yet, but she has questions-many I can't answer. I know there are server class channels and server wide channels but I'm hesitant about sending her into those because she's still a lil green (har har). I don't want her to run into someone who has an attitude and about new players, or heroic players, and then have her turned off from playing. It was an accomplishment to get her to even try to see if she enjoyed it in the first place. Luckily she does and I'm grateful for that. Is there another website to go to or is GoBerserker the end all be all? Are the server and server wide channels accepting and helpful? Is there anyone on MThule, I mean EMarr, that could lend an ear? I appreciate all advice and hope someone can set us on the right path.

You can reach me on in the early mornings for a chat and she plays a lil wonky hours in the morning when I go to bed and on the week end. If you can help and want to talk in game /tell Alchem or Tiggold. If you can help, Thank you for your time and efforts.
  2. Phlare New Member

I would be happy to answer berserker questions on Emarr and in my experience most zerkers are helpful, especially with the limited infornarion available these days. I may need to refresh my memory on lower level discs but the same concepts apply.
    Alchem The Judge likes this.
  3. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I'll have her reach out sometime this week. We both really appreciate it, she's super excited.
  4. skabe Elder

most evenings there are a few people in the serverwide berserker channel .... /join serverwide.berserker.berserker
  5. Wayylon Augur

I am also looking for info on Zerker burns and spam abilities. I've been gone since COTF and reinstalled so lost all my burn macros and spam keys... I'm pretty much lost on what stacks with what, what to combine for primary , secondary, and on down the line.

Lvl 100 and basically starting fresh.
  6. Brohg Augur

The spam button is:
    battle stomp, bubbling rage, axe of numicia, demolishing frenzy, demolishing volley, frenzy, war cry of the braxi, phantom assailant, banestrike, amplified frenzy

Axe Throw, Arc Slice and Rampage are AE attacks which should be on their own buttons to keep untoward things from happening by accident, but should be kept on cooldown as constantly as possible also.

Dichotomic Rage should be used always, be sure the 10 hits that it boosts are regular weapon swings, not lesser attacks.

There is also Shared Cruelty and Cry Carnage that need maintenance but not spamming.

Discing with all cooldowns available looks like this (beautiful despite being incomplete table shamelessly stolen from eqfreelance.net):
    [IMG]
    Right click - Open image in new tab.
  7. Behelit Augur

Axe Throw line isnt AE, never use Cry Carnage over Cry Havoc, and that disc lineup is a little bunk.
    Enkel likes this.
  8. Wayylon Augur

I appreciate the replies, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. Even if it's "a little bunk" it definitely gives me a starting point.
  9. Brohg Augur

Slot 6 accuracy nonfunctional?
  10. Brudal Augur

Parses indication no benefits over cry havoc and it pales in comparison to the accuracy boost provided by the rogue version.
  11. Derresh Augur

That freelance post was intended to get berserkers using abilities, almost every new berserker that showed up to FL raids were hardly using any abilities at all.

Whats bunk about the disc order? I guess removing epic completely , fixing reckless abandon timer(although most of the time i get a 16-18 second buff not sure why) , since freelance has lower dps then raid guilds events can sometimes go on for 30+ minutes that is why the 2nd brutal/glyph is after 2nd SS since the majority of glyph would be wasted the other way around.

As someone who has raided in both low dps and high dps raidforces the when and how you disc on each event changes significantly. For example in a lower dps raidforce i could use all my 12min or lower discs at the start of an event and theyd be up again before we even reached the designated burn time. Whereas in a high dps raidforce where several targets die in 70-120~ seconds from burn(VV/HB/damsel/grum/inny/maestro/krasnok/fear) i find myself using blinding with frenzied + SS etc burn just for the ATK buff and an additional 10~seconds layover of the additional hit for after FResolve fades.

You can only have 1 aa ability in a spam bar or it will become unresponsive id suggest battle stomp in spambar and manually using binding axe and banestrike since they have longer reuse timers.

Typed this up on my phone , sorry if its messy.
  12. Brohg Augur

The "button more, bro" philosophy Sarcogian preaches. The lack you describe afflicts most players, of all classes, who just haven't seen what's possible.
  13. Behelit Augur

Well for starters you're representing an odd mix of disc strategy, where you're leading out with SS-> Brutal-> Cleaving and then holding Avenging for 1min for seemingly no reason. You're showing Vehement Rage which is a big no-no.

Personally given the hypothetical timeline of a 13-14min event I'd open with SS/Brutal and then sit on Cleaving for next Epic at 3min, and Avenging for 3rd epic at 6min. and then cycle back into SS/Brutal at 12min Epic.

And you dont wanna run Blinding with main burn, you're losing crit chance not running Epic.
  14. Derresh Augur

The idea of holding off on AF was for a longer duration of HHE because quicktime is still running and also to avoid potential wasting of AF due to a blinding fury proc at the last second of blinding fury.

Vehement Rage has 45% min hit dmg, is this useless or is there something better running during that time frame?

Since Frenzied resolve lasts 60 seconds and there can be a 1-2 second gap before SS gets fired off, SS lasts 66 seconds, that's a potential 7-8 seconds that SS wont have the additional 2H attack modifier from Frenzied Resolve after FResolve fades. So personally i see value in popping blinding fury during a 70-80 second burn such as inny or grummus. Even if you popped BF ~50 seconds into FResolve so that you get a Blinding fury proc up before FR fades giving you that ~7 extra seconds of an additional 2h attack buff for SS.

I thought anything past 100% on crit chance buff's were useless? Was that proven to be false? I've only recently stopped using epic past the first "prebuff" and havent noticed a difference of dps really. I guess it wouldnt be to hard to do a few 24hr parses and figure it out for myself.

Well either way ive updated it. I cut it to 4minute's, added a Dicho Rage line, delayed brutal slightly for dicho rage, added a shaded part to blinding and avenging to simulate whether or not you got a blinding fury proc near the end of the buff, removed Vehement Rage, fixed cry havoc, fixed reckless abandon duration. Still havent finished adps section though , ill get to it "eventually".

Hopefully this is a better representation but obviously this was never meant to be an end all be all disc order but more of a visual guideline to help new or returning berserker's into using abilities and visually showing them how they can stack. Event's vary, adps varies etc. If there are more suggestions let me know and i can adjust it.

[IMG]
  15. Sarcogian Augur

I only press 1 button :(
  16. Derresh Augur

Looks like im a giant noob and greatly underestimated the power of zerker epic, with unity rk 3, max rank ancestral aid, personal tribute, personal trophy tribute, exquisite fellowship of the simian, and full tbm raid gear augged with dex. I was able to reach 2989 dex (1591dex + 1398Hdex). With 2989 Dex + zerker epic i hit 100% crit chance on a 1 hour parse. Neat.

I didn't have access to guild trophy tribute but that's potentially another 60hdex.

[IMG]
  17. Splittin New Member

Jesus, zerkers have become the ultimate of button spam, and i thought it was bad when i quit last time.
  18. Tanols Augur

Ya thank god for socials as buggy as they are ... just twitch while one is running and something won't fire.
  19. Kylo Elder

May I ask why you use Cry of Havoc or Cry of Carnage? Isnt Cry of Carnage 100% critical and 20% accuracy while Cry of Havoc is only 100% critical?
  20. Szilent Augur

The boost to accuracy is unparsably small. It exists, but you have to believe in the heart of the math to value it.

And, time was, that buff lasted only one minute. And Sapping Strikes didn't exist. So it was a common choice to save the 120 endurance.