Making a comeback to EQ.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Splittin, May 15, 2016.

1. Splittin New Member

Recently I came back to eq and have been partially playing on and off, killing old world raids and just for fun. Well the itch is starting to return and I swore off to never play my zerker again out of frustration with the class.

Though messing with him, I do miss playing a zerker. Hes currently stuck at 90 and left with raid gear from HoT.
    I also have a 93 wizard that I have been working on, was a heroic toon.

So I have a bit of a problem, which one to play? Im basically going to have to re-learn zerker, along with button and disc combos and along with burns. I had deleted Eq and lost everything, so will need advice.

I know zerkers are still dependent on specific classes to do great, but has that been improved? May look into raiding again since i have the time for it. Though I need to get into a guild whos fairly active since casual guilds dont exactly get groups up and going easily. Though last time i played, raiding guilds treated raiding as a part time job, log on raid, and log off. Little bit frustrating to someone whos intent on leveling.

As for the wizzy, they are hard not to like, pretty easy to play, ridiculous dps for groups and insane burst.

Are zerkers back up there for DPS these days?

What would you all recommend honestly?
  2. HeatherPurrs Augur

Start a Rogue if you want to melee.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

Zerkers are amazing DPS but need amazing support and explode if a mob as much as looks at them.
  4. Splittin New Member

I actually have a level 87 rogue, are they really that much better now? Been away from the game awhile and I know its been caster dominated for a good long time. So Rogues are top melee at this point?
  5. shadowgod Augur

not sure if serious or trolling. Why would someone go from a zerker to a useless class ? If all rogues quit would guilds even lose dps ? :)
  6. shadowgod Augur

If so he must have some crappy zerkers in his guild !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Telkiney Elder

*sees thread asking what class to play with people saying Play a rogue and zerker cuz they are top dps*
    exits thread
    *reads another other thread right next to it.. Rogues and zerkers complaining they need help with dps*

*giggles at the inconsistency of the community*
  8. Bahdah Augur

My dps matters, kthx..

Useless class? Have you sucked at rogue? or bad rogues around you?
    Failcon likes this.
  9. Failcon New Member

^^^^^ 100%, rogues are leet deeps!
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

From the standpoint of a raid cleric- Zerkers and rogues are both excellent DPS Zerkers tend to aggro spike more, gank aggro and die more often, rogue dps is smoother. I kept a tally of who I rezzed in guild (More than 1 guild) Of all the classes, zerkers were first on the list of /bodycount followed by the tanks, Wizards were actually 3rd to last on the list. Rogues were behind rangers on the list after the tanks.

Rogues get a bit more utility and poisons on demand.

Between wizard, rogue and zerker, all are excellent dps, but beyond deeps, what else ya got?

Personally I'm a huge fan of Exodus is better than a group wipe and a lifetime of shorter runs to camps.