Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starklen Journeyman

I think you'll mind by month 3 when half your guild stops logging in from boredom and you're slogging a bunch of alts through plane of time just to keep up appearances. Maybe I'm just projecting my own experiences but I think you'll mind.
  2. Finchy Augur

nonononono discuss why GoD/OoW together is the worst idea known to mankind so DBG will agree and retract their previous statement so I can continue to play EQ :D
  3. GrugSA Augur

Not that i want 6 months of PoP, but i think the opposite of what you're saying will be true. Once you're in time who wants to track, batphone or schedule a raid in hopes some EP mobs will be up, seems like that would get old after a week or 2. On the other hand who wants to do a full clear of Plane of Fire in a scheduled instance clear, i sure do. What about non-guild Sol Ro raid to gear alts/boxes, sign me up. The server population and instances are also gonna make backflagging and replacing members much easier.
    Numiko likes this.
  4. Kahna Augur

I actually think you were both saying the same thing. That the lack of annoying competition and easy access to raid mobs and stuff to do will increase the playability of the expansion. Maybe you quoted the wrong person?
  5. Weverley Augur

6 months in PoP gonna be boredom but mostly for uber guilds.I am wondering if the first time in EQ history uber guilds officers and leaders are gonna slow progression to prevent their members to take a long break because they are tired of doing Plane of time raids.Other guilds just gonna take their time and be in plane of time for just a few months if at all.I know raiders are not use to slow down lol.Of course opening GoD with ldon like i propose make it a lot better.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Lots of AAs to get, but 12 weeks to LDoN and then 12 weens to GoD is a bit long, I agree, but the delay is mainly to have time to prep PoP properly, so once that's done they could change the timeline beyond that, and since it's already instanced from GoD onward, there really isn't that work that needs to be done anymore.
  7. Machen New Member

Of course not.
  8. GrugSA Augur

I thought he was implying that people will get to PoTime quicker with instances and therefor get bored with PoTime quicker. But now that i reread his comment you're probably right.
    TowerDefense likes this.
  9. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

If a guild doesn't get into PoTime on Phinny it will be because they literally made zero attempt to. With expeditions on a regular weekly schedule you will wind up getting PoTime flagged almost by accident.
    SqueeshSqueesh, Zhama, Finchy and 2 others like this.
  10. Realitycheck Elder

Basically this. And not only that, if a guild makes even a minuscule amount of effort, they'll be in Time within 2-3 weeks. Then commence 5+ months of farming the same 9 bosses over and over and over and over and over again. By the 2-3 month mark the only thing people will care about is Quarm loot and rare drops off lower tier bosses like TA's.

I sincerely hope they change the current plan of 3 months of PoP and 3 months of LDoN (and PoP) because everybody is going to bored as hell of Quarm/Time in general after the N'th kill.
  11. taliefer Augur

i realize GoD/omens is some time away yet, but i dont think its unreasonable to want an update on the expansion bundling issue sometime soon. its a pretty big deal for a lot of people.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

To echo the countless other posts, bundling Gates of Discord and Omens of War is a poor decision.

The basis of the bundling because it is "a difficult expansion" is simply not good enough of a reason. While it is true the expansion was very difficult initially (Who remembers the good ol' Kod`Taz trials?), the expansion was retuned to be more appropriate with regards to difficulty.

By bundling the expansions, you're effectively giving zero time to Berserkers to mature in the expansion they were born. You're giving zero time to people to finish a legendary quest, the BiC, which requires a vigorous run through of GoD. There are countless clickies that people utilize from Tacvi some time after GoD.

I lead Citizen through this era, and let me tell you, it wasn't a hard expansion at all. We were splitting Tacvi, including Tunat, in era. We were doing 30-35 minute Uqua runs in era. The majority, if not all of the guilds that have completed Kunark on Phinigel in era, will complete GoD as long as they can field similar numbers. The instance component will be easy to add in the expansion, as most of the raids are already instanced (Qvic, Yxtta, Natimbi,Txevu, Kod`Taz, Smith and maybe some others would need specific AoC for their respective raid targets)

To follow up on that, having LDoN as a standalone is a poor decision as well. If you want to compress that time period, stagger the release of LDoN and LoY with PoP much like it was on the prior servers, based off the kill of Rallos Zek.

If more time is needed to tune/enact the instances, I don't really care as long as the the expansions aren't bundled. Many people came back just to experience GoD again, in era.

For the record, before the player poll was pulled, the overwhelming majority were against the bundling of the expansions, at nearly a 8:1 ratio.
    Finchy likes this.
  13. Xars Journeyman

We didn't just split raid Tacvi & Tunat, we split raided Tacvi & Tunat on our third (maybe fourth, but I think third) kill.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  14. Voss Elder

Hey devs, can you "accidentally" unlock zerkers early with luclin? A class isn't quite as huge as an entire expac!

kthx
  15. Krakajack New Member

I really would like GoD and OoW to be released separately. GoD is one of my favorite expansions, so much content and with what other posters said, we'll definitely need the time to work on BiC. So please reconsider releasing it with OoW, it just seems to trivialize it.
  16. Sarlan New Member

Please don't do this.

Players play progression servers to re-experience the content in order. Releasing more than one expansion is almost the same thing as not realizing it at all as it is never given a fair chance to actually "be played." This is a game and the whole point is to "Play it" (meaning experience the content). Why do you need to keep changing the rules? this just upsets everyone. you say PoP will take longer than expected to release. FINE! We'll wait, but don't ruin the other expansions by not taking them seriously. After all we bought these when they were originally released because there was VALUE IN THEM. Please don't rush out the ones you have decided aren't "important" enough to be given a full time slot. They are important to us.

3 months of PoP is not enough either, that's why LDoN and Ykesha didn;t release high end raiding content when they were originally released. Most people simply were not finished with what was already there. . i could understand combining Ykesha and LDoN as long as this was for 3 months (But still don;t like the idea of combining expansions because this is a PROGRESSION server) but to throw all that into a short time frame is not fair to the pretense of progression servers.

If PoP will take longer to be released, then so be it. We get that it's a tough one and that it will take a little extra time to get it right. Just don's screw the whole order of the rest of them. Thats not a solution, it's just a bad idea.
  17. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

There you go DBG, conclusive proof that GoD is NOT difficult! Even Citizen could do it easily!
  18. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Got em!
    Queena_Brokenhearts likes this.
  19. TowerDefense Augur

Seems mean spirited! To be fair, this should read "even citizen was able to split raid all of tacvi"
  20. Weverley Augur

Wasn't citizen 1 of the top guild on fippy and if yes doesn't mean it's easy could be that many raiding guild gonna find it difficult anyway.Not that i want GoD and OoW release together though but that comment seems the type that can be seen both ways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.