Awakening the Sleeper in an instanced raid on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gugagan, May 9, 2016.

1. Gugagan Lorekeeper

If we kill all the warders in an instanced raid of Sleepers Tome, will the Sleeper be awakened in OW as well? Will every instanced raid you get after that not contain warders?
  2. Gugagan Lorekeeper

No response to this? It would be nice to know ahead of time so that no one inadvertently awakens the sleeper and borks it for everyone.....
  3. Adonhiram Augur

LOL, you are playing with the fire here :confused:
  4. Gremin Augur

Instanced ST

/sigh
  5. Horathmir Elder

I dont understand why people constantly cry about rules sets on a server. Its like being pissed off that Monopoly doesn't have the same rules as Chutes and Ladders. If you want instances, play in Phinny, if you want contested content and Mage box armies, play on Ragefire. But what isn't helpful is posting constant complaints about you have no control over if you dont bother to switch severs.
  6. Catashe Augur

They do because they can and all they got left
  7. Dranix Augur

Word on the street is we'll get more info on this prior to Velious launch. That being said this is a topic worth discussing.
  8. Sunfuz New Member

this made me lol, ironic u say that considering people on phinny are crying/cried so much on epic bottle necks and VP key spawn rates. fixed unlock timers on Phinny, if u cant get stuff done within the era dont cry move on :)>
  9. Gremin Augur

You obviously do not know me, Sir.

In no way was that crying. I do not want instancing on LJ. If anything that post you quoted was in reference to the constant issue that ST is and has been over the years.

Btw I do play on both LJ and Phinni in the raid scene.
  10. Finley Augur

You have poor reading comprehension :) People on Phinny aren't crying about changes to LJ/RF in the same way people from LJ/RF seem to cry about things happening on Phinny

I get it, I'll be bummed if a new shiny server is opened and Phinny turns into a ghost town too. But I won't spend my time on the forums lashing out at people on the new server.
  11. Freki Augur

this is a valid question. and well it'll be what it is. there are a lot of possibilities here but what will happen? I estimate within the first week of velious being open he will be killed on this server, it happened in about that time frame on ragefire. I will never see the sleeper if this happens, I'd like to see the event.... but how would you handle the lock outs? and if you don't do that, what would you do with the loot from the dragons in what becomes of ST after he's awakened....

I don't see where anyone is crying about anything here except people that want an argument. go play the game trolls.
  12. Sunfuz New Member

Changes on Phinny effect LJ/RF so i dunno where u were going there. I'm not bummed, i box so it really doesn't effect me anyhow, just means i get to farm for my toons in peace :)> Everyone who went to Phinny would/should of known the outcome of how their lockout timer would of effected their game play. Thus was my response to horathmir about his response to gremin regarding their set server options. that was all. so you might have to check your reading comprehension :)
  13. EQForumAcct Augur

lol - no worse than all those about stuff on phinny, when they knew the ruleset when they started.

it's a shame that DB is slowing down expansions for them as it is.
  14. Lifetap Augur

hopefully waking the sleeper in an instance wakes the sleeper for everyone.
  15. Dranix Augur

Considering Sleeper is all sort of jacked up needing a physical spawn from a server staff I am fairly sure any instances will spawn post-awakening unless this is being/has been addressed. I'm sure we'll get more info in the coming weeks.

Either way, I dont particularly care personally. I think if its awakened open world it should reflect that in the instances. Until then its just simply locked in instances but thats probably a fairly big hassle.
  16. Freki Augur

the point is what will they do, it is their game. i think if there was something to do it might be cool, but i would also agree with leave it as is, no instances, one shot and it's done for withing 1 week or less. but I have a question Dranix, WHERE do you get the idea that the sleeper is needing a physical spawn from a server staff??? sleeper is part of the game, it is in the game with velious and if killed it no longer is on normal servers... things might have been changed, i dunno we will see when it comes out.
  17. Kahna Augur

Probably from the snafu on Ragefire where the sleeper was awoken and the entire zone was bugged and needed to be manually reset by the devs. It's not the sleeper that is the problem, it's the post sleeper zone. It needs, or needed, to be manually reset by the devs. They may, or may not, have fixed that.
    Freki likes this.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Waking the Sleeper, worst idea in EQ, seen more drama from that than any other.
    Why it is still there just baffles me.
  19. Nolrog Augur

Then why bother allowing him to be awakened in the instance at all? Just make it so you can only wake him in the static zone and then he's awake.
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

From Prathun:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...pers-tomb-ancients.232406/page-6#post-3429059