Test Update 5/9/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Kethir, May 6, 2016.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

[IMG]
    beryon, Quatr and Prathun like this.
  2. Gumby Augur

So how severe and what is the point of this?

Monks constantly being told in the past that their other benefits is what holds them back in DPS, so is that going to be addressed?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. WonderBard New Member

Yeah would have been nice to see this defensive nerf paired with following considering for years the defensive stuff has been listed as the reason for dps checks or lesser dps tuning:

-Monk - Increased the duration of Destructive Force and Focused Destructive force to 48 seconds.
    -Monk - Increased the power of Infusion of Thunder, Increase Min Hit Damaged boosted to 200% and Increase Hit Damage boosted to 190%.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Sheex and adetia like this.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Would you mind terribly putting this on the issue tracker, or if you dont wish to, can i have your blessing to post that there?
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Checkmate.

Also:
    Hopefully this will mean h2h's will once again be the go to deeps setup.
  6. Sikanle Lorekeeper

It would also be a nice bump if Curse of the Thirteen Fingers actually displayed its damage. It's a decent chunk of sustained DPS that people can't see. If it doesn't show up on parse it doesn't count!
  7. Dzarn Developer

The team took another look at the issue and realized that this behavior was, in fact, unintended.
    Unfortunately by the time it was confirmed we were in design lock which prevents us from modifying spell data until the next full patch.
    That said, we will be correcting the enchanter DoT lines for the June patch such that multiple enchanter DoT lines can coexist on a single target. We offer our apologies for the error and the delay in correcting it.
    Ismel, EnchFWO, Sindaiann and 13 others like this.
  8. Qulas Augur

It wont' be.

Punch Mastery only effects special attacks now.
  9. Qulas Augur

The in game description on test server says it's 1% per rank.

According to raidloot.com's aa parser, rank 18 of the current live version of staff block gives us 35% chance to block.

So we are going from 35% to 18% if the in game tool tip is correct, or about half of what it used to be.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Right, I didn't mean just the PM changes, but rather the whole set of them and the 2hb nerf too. Seems like one weapon option being the best at just about every situation is meh design.

That's a pretty big hit to 2hb though, wow.
  11. Prathun Developer

...there's way too much information to decode EverQuest script. You get used to it, though. Your brain does the translating. I don't even see the script . All I see is Kessdona, Shei Vinitras, Nagafen. Hey uh, you want a Jumjum spiced beer?
    Tudadar, PathToEternity, Iila and 7 others like this.
  12. Kobrah Augur

Can someone double check the accuracy and combat effects are being modified correctly. Did a few parses .. live server with 195 / 150 accuracy I have 90.2% and on test server with 181 accuracy every parse shows 88.2% which should be higher than live ? no ?
  13. Gumby Augur

Well that's pretty . Thanks for the info.

The extended duration to DF and the boost to IoT isn't enough to justify chopping that AA's effectiveness in half.
  14. Gumby Augur

:rolleyes:

I know trolling is what you excel at, but the IoT buff doesn't come close to making up for the nerf to staff block.

Need way more than that for your statement of checkmate to mean anything.
  15. WonderBard New Member

Those weren't actual updates they were update requests because of the nerf. That would be a nice jump in burst for monks for the loss in sustained tanking with a 2h.
  16. Gumby Augur

Well that's even worse then. I assumed I just missed it.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Staff block works differently for Monks than it does for the casters that have it, or at least this is what I was told before.

For casters it's WYSIWYG, aka a value of 10 = 10%, but for Monks there was some extra calculation involved that reduced the actual effectiveness. The parsers display the WYSIWYG values because the monk stuff was done in code separately and only applies to Monks.

My guess would be one of 3 things:

1) This is being changed so the values need to be recalculated
    2) Someone doesn't know its different for Monks and so thinks its too powerful
    3) Its not working the way it's supposed to / someone was mistaken about how it works.
  18. Ishtass Augur

Well fantastic. As someone who solo's a lot and depends on the defensive boost, /rude DBG
  19. Sindaiann Augur

Appreciate the change and the admitting of the error. Can't call it intentional and then unintended. Just get it fixed. Sucks it'll take basically a month but whatever.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  20. Kunon Augur

On Live there are 34 ranks of Vengeful Spirits and Destructive Cascade combined. On test there is only 33. I'm going to assume this is oversight?