Really think DB should consider unlockers for selling in bazaar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Argu, May 9, 2016.

1. Argu Lorekeeper

I know someone is allready hitting the reply button and leaving a spill about how they need something to get people to upgrade to all access. I really think think DB needs to implement an unlocker to allow a silver account to use the bazaar. Im not saying it shouldn't be limited or even restricted a bit. For example have a way to unlock bag slots to sell with. Then while your under Silver you have to give say 20% of your sale up as a tax which is basically eaten by the game.

I think with autogrant AA, priestage gear, etc there are plenty of reasons for a person to upgrade. Not allowing Silver players to sell in the bazaar is hurting all access players because there are less things for sale in general. Everquest 2 has a neat system in place that allows Silver players to put things up for sale.

This also would encourage the buying and selling of Krono if a Silver access player had a way to sell other than trying to sell in general. Also they might be more likely to raise the money to actually buy a Krono if they had easier ways to sell their goods.
  2. Zamiam Augur

I just wanted to be the first to respond.. :p

first off let me start off by saying im a boxer and i have 6 accounts that i pay for on and off with my main account always gold .. and I in know way support making it easier on f2p/silver peeps or giving them much i feel if you want the bells and whistles then pay to play .. that being said , I agree that silver members should be able to sell in bazaar even if its an unlocker that can be bought on a per character/accnt base.. thats jmho..
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Silver is intended for you to decide if you like the game, not so you can play for free indefinitely.

Try it out, if you like it, pay for it, invite your friends to try it too.

If you can't pay 15 a month, EQ isn't really for you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Dibab like this.
  4. Siddar Augur

Would definitely pay to allow more of my accounts to set up a trader. I would also pay to allow my gold accounts to set up a trader then change to another character on same account.

It's just a big pot of money sitting there for daybreak to collect.
    Viper1 likes this.
  5. Xanathol Augur

I'd like this for nothing more than to be able to have a trader up while I play. It is well past time EQ put in a 'middle man' like other games have.
  6. Agrippa Augur

I would be for this if it were a per use sort of thing. If simply paying five bucks or whatever one time unlocked permanent Bazaar privileges, DBG would end up losing out tremendously.
  7. shadowgod Augur

They should revamp the entire bazaar system or make trader bags 40 slots.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

First its one thing Free to play want to be able to do then its another and another and pretty soon they are all access but not paying anything. I get people want more for free but if you want to sell in the bazaar go all access.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

I do not think a one-time purchase to open up one of the most important features of the game (for many, but not all - including me, as I stopped using the bazaar years ago) is reasonable.

I do think they ought to consider a lower-priced subscription that has some features but not all.

Silver was a good idea (which can no longer be obtained), but that was a one-time cost. If they put out a $5 a month subscription, for example, that was free-to-play + bazaar + some other thing (J1 merc access?), it might have some interest.
  10. GrandOpener Elder

There is some truth to that, but it's not the whole story. DBG expects and wants a decent number of Silver players to keep playing the game in order to help keep population up on live servers. They want the hardcore fans to all subscribe, but Silver is not purely a trial program.

What they have now is a balancing act where they need to provide Silver players with enough fun to keep playing, but also keep enough of a difference between Silver and Gold that it's still worth paying for to the deeply invested fans.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Silver only exists as a grandfathered status. Free is what you have to play with restrictions and decide if you wish to pay to have those restrictions removed. Some things should remain locked behind all access. Traders and Buyers should be one of those things. Better ways of getting your AA cap above your current count need to be added. Also, Apprentice merc tiers 3-5 should have unlockers added also. Additionally, a way to unlock a specific piece of gear from being prestige is needed (maybe a tag added via a hidden Aug slot that allows an item to be used even if Prestige but makes it No Drop).
  12. Rykard Augur

I am not sure that this is true or at least completely true. There are a lot of options that enable silver/FTP players to game in EQ. With the restrictions, you will most likely find them playing in older content, but they are playing the game and paying in different ways than a subscription. They pay for expansions, marketplace items, and unlockers.

Agree that there should be more incentive to go all access than stay silver. I as a silver player now contribute about 1 to 2 full subscriptions on four accounts, and I live with the restrictions happily. Some months I play a lot and others hardly at all. I do not see the value in reoccuring subs with that game play in mind, and prefer silver/FTP via AA unlockers and marketplace items.

Yeah Silver is a thing of the past not available anymore. I found that out when making two newer accounts.

I agree that more unlockers would probably led to more unlocker purchases. Now, the extent of new unlockers should not minimalize all access status. From my perspective, I would certainly purchase a bazaar unlocker to sell items, but it may cross that line from acceptable to unacceptable for all access members.

Rykard
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Back when free and silver had. Lot more restrictions I was of the mind that only the offline portion should have been restricted, but they ended up removing so many of the restrictions that there are really only 5 that matter per character; prestige gearAA cap, merc rank & tier access, spell rank usage, and trader/buyer usage. Of those the bazaar is the only one that I can look at as being reasonable to keep fully locked behind a subscription.
  14. Rykard Augur

Like I said, there is a line that would offend all access players, or even cost all access subscriptions. Understand and accept it as a silver player.

Concerning the restrictions, I would place bazaar selling while logged in not high on the list. I think my list starting from highest to lowest would be AA caps, prestige gear, mercs, spell ranks, and trader access online only. Spell ranks and AA caps have unlockers and is what I spend my cash on.

Rykard
  15. Siddar Augur

I would place bazzar selling while logged into another character as a Gold only feature.

I have two Gold accounts because I use those accounts for content. I don't pay subscription I use Krono. I used to have three Gold accounts but keeping three Gold was simply not worth the time needed to farm plat for keeping it Gold.

Multiple traders simply didn't generate enough plat to sustain the third account I have found. There is diminishing returns as you add extra traders. 70/20/10 was about what I was seeing with main trader providing the vast majority of plat per month.

People that keep secondary accounts gold for bazzar traders would likely be better off in most cases shutting down accounts and buying krono with the subscription money they save or just not using a krono to maintain an unprofitable traders that costs more to upkeep then they make.

The main benefit of more then one trader is it stops my inventory of unsold items from backing up.

I would likely pay up to $40 to flag a FTP account for bazzar trading. I will never make a second or third account Gold just to place a trader,
  16. Laronk Augur

I'd pay 50 for a trader upgrade. As it is right now I just don't sell stuff.

If anything It should just be free because having more traders and having more players place their things on traders creates a healthier economy in game. Why free? well if you run a trader on kronos its hard to waste trader space on low level crap like defiant and what not at a reasonable price (many servers low level defiant can be in the thousands for an item you'll wear for 3 hours). I would pay the one time fee to always have a trader up.

What we really need is an auction house like in wow then our gold mains could sell anything and everything without having to setup a freaking trader.
  17. Xanathol Augur

Trader status is easily the most reasonable to open up for a charge. Prestige gear, mercs and AAs are far more valuable.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

AA cap increases already exist, but they do not work well when you go from gold to free or return from being away preF2P because there is no option to bridge the large gap reasonably.

Apprentice tiers 3-5 were already for sale in the past via Silver. This is just requesting that they be offered now as an unlocker since Silver was discontinued.

Selling access to Prestige items on a per item basis that is not transferable to another item is going to be far more profitable than a one time fee to use the trader/buyer system.

The trader/buyer system will be more profitable as a bone to get people to subscribe or use Kronos.