Frozen Orb of the Fabled King

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jewels, May 9, 2016.

1. Warpeace Augur

ROFL, so negative because they are not doing what you want or think they should and cant look at something that is positive.

Changing these augs allows them to see how well it will work and to be able to expand that with the incoming change to Mods / Heroics. Same as they are dong with DoT classes.

Old does not mean useless, and its honestly not that old of an aug, try being less upset and more objective.
  2. Orthodox New Member

I'm glad the lack of consistency amuses you. I don't care about the aug change one way or another, and I'll be happy to acknowledge that it's a good thing for those impacted.

However, there are numerous issues that affect larger portions of the player base that go unaddressed.

Daybreak has limited resources. Fine, I get it.
    Bugs and improvement suggestions have to go through a vetting process on the issue tracker. Ok.

But this is an example of cherry picking a random question (one with merit, not discrediting the OP) and confirming it will be patched in a very informal way. It begs the question why more requests aren't responded to and handled in a similar fashion.
  3. Brohg Augur

Those that can be, are.
  4. segap Augur

It's probably a five minute task. I have no problem with them doing it and doubt it is taking resources away from fixing other things many of us would give higher priority.

That said, I highly doubt this is a test for altering others. Those two augs are given as quest/achievement rewards where you pick the one you want. There is no way to go back and do the quest again to get a different one. I don't recall if the shawl aug was a choice or the different variants were automatic based on class. Otherwise, all other augs with lore groups are distinct drops that can be re-obtained if you want to switch. The only thing they might want to do to stifle angst is turn on anniversary content for a couple extra weeks (especially the pow task) to let people switch those out.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  5. shadowgod Augur

Fixing this is good no doubt but should they fix this while ignoring other bigger issues ? Why does this deserve resources to fix but major issues go ignored for 6 months ?
  6. Bobsmith Augur

You can currently change the shawl Aug if you have the 3.0 by talking to that npc that gives the 3.0 quests iirc
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Bobsmith Augur

What is to say it is ignored? It all goes back to the age old "lack of " communication. And that in it self is subjective.
  8. KaoK Lorekeeper

You are correct.
  9. Bobsmith Augur

So that solidifies it. This change to the two augs in question took no time at all. They copy paste the script from the shawl guy. And poof done, presuming that is how it will work.
    KaoK likes this.
  10. KaoK Lorekeeper

Actually, shawl dude gives you a new pop up reward window which is different than having an item that just lets you 'cycle' through versions. That said, the cycling is probably quicker and easier to implement.They already have multiple other cycling items in game so yeah, it was probably pretty trivial and for all we know - it was already happening before the OP started this thread.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sancus like this.
  11. Aghinem Augur

I wouldn't bother even responding to some of these clowns. You can't reason with insanity. Some of these people here are pathological with their b!tching.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Black Leather Bracer of Agony from the 17th raid has a convert box on the item itself that allows you to swap between versions featuring either a Poison or Disease focus. This works flawlessly so I expect it to be used here and in the future.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  13. Aghinem Augur

PS. Whoever said the Frozen Orb is an obsolete aug is sadly mistaken. I actually use it in my primary weapon. Its awesome aug and very well worth getting, either through RoF progression or buy it.
  14. Bobsmith Augur

I never mentioned to say it was obsolete, I personally don't use it on Bob really only due to all the Hstam augs in the last 2 expansions. Really both of them are still viable depending on your class, bandolier,etc. Again WOOT for constructive positive changes. Make Eq ! Dzarn 2016
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Rainbowdash Augur

Why are you posting pictures of me?
    RPoo likes this.
  16. Qbert Gallifreyan

I hope this is a portent of things to come. For the quests/raids where there are multiple reward options, a convert button should become the default design.

Even with the Crystal Circle augment, I think the convert button should cycle through the portal click as well (it may do so, I don't know) - eventually the augment will be obsolete for most people and it would be nice to have the option to pick up the reward we had to pass on at the time.
  17. Brohg Augur

Get that from Challenger of Heart of Fear, Qbert
  18. Qbert Gallifreyan

Unfortunately that is not a possibility for me. Most of those challenges are not physically possible solo.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You could, you know.. get a group? Anything is possible.
  20. Vexed Journeyman

I agree with others in this thread and would really appreciate if the "Stones of Power" lore group augments could also be convertible.

Also the lore groups "Greater Remnants of War" and "Lesser Remnants of War" augments.