Test Update 5/11/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, May 10, 2016.

1. JChan Developer

May 11, 2016

*** Items ***

- Frozen Orb of the Fabled King can now cycle through its 5 variations using the item conversion button.
    - Stone of the Crystal Circle can now cycle through its 3 variations using the item conversion button.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Velishan (Raid) - Velishan will now correctly cast the AE Frozen Limbs periodically while in ice form.
    - Velishan (Raid) - Velishan's Targeted AE while in ice form, Frost Shock, now has a much lower impact radius.
    - Brew Day - Corrected a scheduling error that turned Brew Day into Brew Year.

*** Spells ***

- Enchanter - The Mind Shatter line will now return mana at a lower rate. It will still return more mana than it did before damage was increased.
    - Enchanter - Added hate modifiers to the Mind Shatter, Strangle, and Baffling Constriction lines so they generate less hate when they land.
    - Ranger - Increased damage and efficiency of the Locust Swarm line of DoTs, but one character will no longer be able to stack multiple spells from the same line on the same target.
    - Ranger - Added a negative hate modifier to the Locust Swarm line of DoTs so it will not generate as much extra hatred as the increased damage would otherwise cause.
    - Ranger - Renamed Cloud of Wasps to Wasp Swarm and Horde of Hornets to Hornet Swarm so that those two spell names now fit better in their line.

*** Progression Servers ***

- The named drakes in the Halls of Testing in Temple of Veeshan now have Mitigation of the Mighty and will spawn twice as frequently, on average.
    - The switches blocking the entrance to The Nest from Broodlands and Broodlands from Lavastorm should remove themselves more reliably when access to these areas has been unlocked.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected some Hot Zone targets in Sarith and Atiiki.
    - Fixed an issue where zoning with the roleplay flag set would set you to anonymous.
    - Addressed an issue where the contents of your (Test Server) shared bank would disappear if your created a new character or ran /testcopy.

- The EverQuest Team

Edit: This update has completed.
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

Am I understanding correctly that this is an additional reduction in mana return from the previous patch on May 09, but will still provide a higher return than pre-damage buff rates? Or am I reading this wrong? Just curious for clarification, am testing it in a minute anyway.

Thank you for the ultra-fast fix! I know these were freaking people out last night!

:D
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

After having used the two post 100 Beastlord DoTs for a while and been pleased with the DPS output v mana cost I have to say I'm more than a little disappointed with the numbers for Blisterbeetle Swarm especially considering Beastlords have vastly superior self mana regen.

The longer duration is nice and all but when the base damage is virtually 50% (in addition to no initial nuke) it doesn't really count for much.
  4. Brohg Augur

Is this different than the juxtaposition of pre-vamp ranger dots to pre-vamp beastlord dots?
  5. Sindaiann Augur

So let me get this straight?

1) Debuff limitations remain the same and many classes are getting dots revamped that make them useful (YAY Necros cry even more

2) You implement stacking issues with the Mind line that didn't previously exist and say its intentional and one is left to assume due to the mana return (SO CHANGE IT, WE CARE ABOUT THE DAMAGE)

3) So the changes to the Mind Storm basically relegate raiding enchanters to utilize it for mana return only and not for DPS purposes (if they chose to rotate per enchanter on the raid, or first one to get the dot on wins lol)

SMH
    FixShamanPlease, KaoK and RPoo like this.
  6. RPoo Augur

Frustrating to say the least.
    KaoK likes this.
  7. shadowgod Augur

only allowing one enchanter and one ranger to dot makes me think they don't even understand the game they're suppose to be working on.
  8. KaoK Lorekeeper

The nerf-nerf'd mana return still makes it stupid and it's going to be used as GM 2.0, just with a lil coordination whereas before that wasn't needed.

They keep reducing the mana given, leave the damage alone, then say non-stack is intentional because... mana debuff? or something? If the amount of mana returned was the issue - you already fixed it. Twice. So,... why can't it stack? No other class has suffered this penalty with the retune.

Edit: And please don't say 'because it's a debuff' since we all know it stacked prior to the damage increase patch.

Edit Edit: Our other mana drain(s), Scryer's Trespass (Lv. 52) for example, allows multiple Enchanters to stack it on a mob.
  9. Schadenfreude Augur

Let's take Glistenwing Blood for an example. It went from 1159 to 31534 on the initial nuke portion.
    The DoT portion was also hugely boosted. From 3418 to 25250. Blisterbeetle Swarm has no initial nuke so it went from 0 to 0 and the DoT portion was boosted from 1998 to somewhere in the region of 13000 (it's currently only changed on Test so I don't have the rank 3 spell but it's close to that.)

Glistenwing Blood lasts a few ticks less and costs a few hundred more mana but will do an awful lot more damage in any scenario. Kirchen's Chill isn't quite as much damage on paper as Glistenwing but it's still vastly superior to Blisterbeetle Swarm for something in the region of 1300 less mana. Of course the option exists to pile both Beastlord DoTs on if circumstances allow.
  10. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Previously Rank 2 Mind Storm was:

8 ticks * 374 mana = 2993.76 mana tap
    2993 - casting cost of 1827 = 1166 net mana gain (this is even before criticals and spell damage focus are taken into account)

Currently:

8 ticks * 1121 = 8968 mana tap (the 1121 is a cap so criticals and spell damage focus are now irrelevant in terms of this calc)
    It now returns 0 mana over it's casting cost

I think it's inaccurate to say it returns more mana now. The mana return is clearly less than the original version. The old spell was a mana tap. The current spell is just a mana refund.

Also, regarding revamped DoTs for rangers, beastlords, clerics and any other class without "Destructive Cascade", are you guys considering granting these AA? Even after these large boosts, DoTs still have relatively limited value to classes that don't get the critical bonuses.
  11. KaoK Lorekeeper

Did you double check this on Test because even with the latest changes this isn't what is being reported supposedly...
  12. Sindaiann Augur

Just make Mind Storms damage stack from multiple enchanters, no one gives a flying poop about the mana. You guys made the damage increases, so let us use them.
  13. Rumstil Lorekeeper

This will probably vary from ranger to ranger, but some of us may prefer if it did generate aggro. Ever since the furious kick changes it has been a lot harder for rangers to keep aggro.
  14. gotwar Gotcharms

These numbers are entirely inaccurate.. I don't even know where you're pulling your data from.

The mana return that this patch is referring to is Live on Test, and the amount it's returning is fine.

It's the stacking that is a concern for Enchanters who raid.
    RPoo and EnchFWO like this.
  15. Ugene Carefulaxe New Member

Can't remember the last time I bothered to load a DoT for my Ranger.

Would like to see two versions of DoTs in this revamp. One would be normal hate / damage, and maybe another that really ticks the mob off. That might make me use a spell gem for these.
  16. Teaddare New Member

Mana cost for Blisterbeetle Swarm Rk II increased from 1434 to over 8000. Granted, the damage increased but this mana increase is ridiculous.
    Eruesso likes this.
  17. Xikteny Augur

Negative. :mad:
  18. Zunar Augur

Are you trolling :)
    The bst spell Glistenwing Blood Rk3 has a 12731 damage / tick. Not 25250 /tick.
    Never was more than that.:confused:
  19. Triconix Augur

Glistenwing Blood also has push. Any bst using that during raids should be burned at the stake for messing up mob placement.
  20. Zunar Augur

One minor push once every min or two, you're kidding, right?
    Other things cause more push that that I think.