Are there any items that give buffs to Tradeskills?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by STAda, May 5, 2016.

1. STAda New Member

So, I am pursuing the Tradeskill quest(s) given by Baublie Diggs in West Freeport. I have achieved a baking trophy and a tailoring trophy, among other things. This makes me wonder if there are any other items in Everquest, that have a buff to any tradeskills. So the question I am asking is:
    Are there any other items, besides the Tradeskill Trophies given by Baublie Diggs in West Freeport, that give a buff to any trade skill?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

There are tinkering made ones that have a 5% mod, and there are rare drops from Luclin raid mobs (i believe they are raid mobs, might be group) that have a 15% mod.
  3. TwoScoopsOfHot New Member

Can you give an example of the dropped 15% mod items? I've never heard of these.
  4. STAda New Member

That is purdy cool - are there specific items that give a +5% - +15% to say baking blacksmithing or tailoring skills?

In the time since I posted this, I found out about Akhevan Shadow Shears and the Fabled Akhevan Shadow Shears. They drop from Shei Vinitras in Akheva Ruins
  5. Bobsmith Augur

Tinkered ones are "geerlocks". I don't know of any that drop but I'm sure there are. The trophy once maxed is still the highest %increase, and the increase from multiple items doesn't stack. The game only factors the higher % one. Do some research between eqtraders and your servers bazaar and you will find plenty of higher level combines that sell to recoup your plate while leveling the trophies at the same time.
  6. Ismel Augur

There are a few

Tailoring 15% Akhevan Shadow Shears
    Smithing 15% Gauntlets of Dark Embers/Hammer of the Ironfrost
  7. Lily Augur

The geerlok hypermodulating tool is player made using tinkering. By placing it in the appropriate container and hitting 'combine,' it will add 5% to that skill. e.g., placing it in an oven, hitting 'combine' yields a tool that adds 5% to baking.
  8. Lynnia Augur

You should also be aware that geerlok or other tradeskill skill mod items will not stack with the trophy skill mod. I believe you get whichever has the highest mod at the time.
  9. Visitor Augur

The West Freeport trophies will eventually evolve into the best enhancers available, however, The AA Salvage once maxed at level 85 will help to save the loss of rare parts on failed combines, and the individual reduce fail AA will help as well.
  10. Lassiter Journeyman

11. CrazyLarth Augur