Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexind New Member

I totally agree with this mention!
    Please don't do GoD + OoW! It was the most interesting and stylish expansions after PoP. Great story line and challenging content! Better do a LDoN + GoD if you gotta cut some time and content.
  2. Hinastorm86 Augur

I wish we had official numbers, but I suspect people who raid on a regular basis are STILL in the minority of players on the server ( I'm a regular raider, and love it, for the record )

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with any dbg move here, just saying that any time in history that we've got official numbers on any mmo, raiders are in the minority.
  3. Machen New Member

I'd guess on most previous progression servers, non raiders were a majority at the start. Certainly they were on Fippy. But there's never been a server quite like Phinny before, and the vast majority seem to be raiding at least some since everyone has access to all the raid content.
  4. yerm Augur

It's nice to see someone with a dissenting opinion. Hopefully the MANY people who don't agree with you don't bully you completely away.

For your first paragraph, you mention that GoD adds nothing you would do. Does it add anything that presents a negative impact on your play? As in, if you are casually doing non-raid content in a prior expansion, such as LDONs, does GOD hurt this? If the answer is no, and knowing that they are proposing a half year of POP+LOY+LDON anyway... would you be opposed to having GOD released before OOW on the condition that OOW itself still releases after the same exact length of time from when POP was opened?

You say that we don't understand the population of EQ tlp servers at all. I think you're being a little silly. I think you might feel differently if you really sat down and thought through what OOW brings with it. Those epics being added come with chests that introduce tradeable loot that trivializes pre-elemental raid gear rather hard. It's also not like you'll even see that 2.0 without doing "raid level high end stuff" as well, since one part is always from anguish. The typical population of EQ tlp servers (not me) is doing a few instances for a few hours, maybe one long weekend raid day, and generally takes a significant chunk of the week off. The lower side to this, the more casual side, might only raid a few times and only the easier stuff. These groups, if they have not hit plane of time during the POP+LDON stretch, are now suddenly thrust into content where the bazaar loot is superior to what they can raid. How is this good for you?

TL;DR - so long as the total time spent at the level 65 cap remains unchanged, I do not see GOD as inhibiting your play, and if anything the 3 month delay on LDON should concern you. Also, the OOW changes that add epics also add attuneable gear that will wildly cripple the reward from the casual/family raid scene, which Phinny's instances have done so much to help.
  5. Katrina2013 New Member

Yerm,

It would be an additional 84 days on Phinny, with nothing new to do. But I am not on Phinny, so it will be 3 months + clear time, +vote time, in the least.

It's not unreasonable for me to want new content like Raiders get every expansion, versus new content for them, and nothing for me.
  6. Machen New Member

There is a ton of group content in Gates. Lots of zones with some pretty good group gear, plenty of quests, tradeskill stuff. Plus there are raids/minis that can be done with 1-3 groups. Not sure why you think there's nothing for groupers.
  7. TowerDefense Augur

GoD introduces new spells for nearly every class. Many of which are very crucial. It also introduces many new aas, which non raiders will be able to focus on. As well as some Zones that are LEAGUES above the current zones available in terms of aa exp.

You say that GoD doesn't introduce anything for you, but im willing to bet you've never done the expansion at level, and actually witnessed the amount of content that is available to you.
  8. Xars Journeyman

I think I understand your perspective. You want OOW and could care less about GoD. That's fair.

Though with my suggestion above (along with the many others), releasing GoD with LDoN instead of OOW would NOT change the OOW release date.

Do you object to moving up GoD if it has no effect on you?
  9. Katrina2013 New Member

I think it's rather arrogant people coming here telling me what GoD offers me, so I shouldn't want OoW at the same time. So by that logic.

OoW offered you more raid content, are you telling me you can't find time to clear both GoD and OoW in the same amount of time?

See how silly that is.

Wow I get new spells to kill the same stuff. Wow, I can tradeskill woop de freakin do.

I want actual things to do besides stuff 99% of the population won't do anyway. I want new epic wepon quests that will take me months to do. Not a few extra spells.
  10. Xars Journeyman

This is my belief as well and it's what i alluded to in my first post. GoD has some great grouping stuff that hasn't been experienced before by most casuals because it was too hard. On Fippy, I actually missed out on a lot of the grouping fun because I was a raider. I think that any casual that has a bD taste in their mouth from previous GoD launches are going to be pleasantly surprised as to how fun and rewarding the group stuff is.

But I don't want to be a raider that imposes on casuals. It's why releasing GoD and LDoN should make people happy.
  11. Xars Journeyman

The point we are making is that moving GoD does not change the OOW time table. If you hate GoD and have no desire to play it, our suggestion has zero effect on you. OOW gets released at the same time. You'd have the option to explore GoD. You can clearly not.

But opening GoD early is not causing OOW to be later based on the schedule DBG has now propsed.
  12. TowerDefense Augur

So you just want to be unreasonable. That makes sense, had you have said that in the beginning, a few of us could have saved the time of responding to your horribly inaccurate post with ways that GoD does actually benefit you.

Good to know.
  13. Weverley Augur

I think putting ldon and god at same time would satisfied most people then get oow a few months later.
  14. Katrina2013 New Member

I am not being unreasonable. I'm happy that for once a change benefits me. I'm accepting and ecstatic for this change. But, I'm being vilified for my opinion here. And, you all wonder why no one comes here, except the same tired 10 people.

So you're mad about it, boohoo, don't play it, it's what I'm being told. Come back for DoN. Or accept the change and play the game.
  15. TowerDefense Augur

I dont think a single person in this thread villified you at all. We all told you why GoD benefits a person who doesnt raid at all. You took it offensively. For no reason. The responses you receieved were literally the nicest way anyone of a differing opinion was ever treated.
  16. TowerDefense Augur

And noone is accepting this change. Sorry to tell you, but it will be modified. 15 pages of 99% of people against it, ill bet money this gets reversed, better start looking T things to do in GoD
  17. Katrina2013 New Member

Letting less than 20 people dictate server direction is how it always is.

Good luck getting what you want.
  18. taliefer Augur

you don't exactly come off as reasonable. you claimed there was nothing for groupers in GoD, then when someone cites examples of the excellent group content in GoD, you claimed they were being arrogant
    TowerDefense likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

You seem to be the only one throwing around an arrogant, condescending attitude in this thread. Myself and others have just tried to provide some information that it seemed you weren't aware of. No one's vilified you until now, but this post certainly earns some vilification.
    TowerDefense likes this.
  20. Lardon Journeyman

Most people hate GoD ( everyone who doesn't raid hates GoD). Merge it with Oow will maintain more people on the servers.

Do it DBG.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.