Getting annoyed

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sinistersrage, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sinistersrage New Member

on with the rant ,First of really love EQ so much that I paid for all access for a year but seeing as of late my chanter cant solo well in areas he needs to even on dark blues really annoying me because I don't box at all I believe this is a disadvantage to me , sadly I wont be boxing cant afford the extra all access account and wont be able to in the near future so I solo and try to group when I can find one and yet day after day no groups even in guild and die die repeatedly until I just say %$^%^ and log. This is really annoying and would make anyone not want to play at all... I am a lvl 93 chanter is there any light at the end of the tunnel?
    Rivitt likes this.
  2. Picaresque Augur

Enchanter is a difficult class to play well and to solo if you are not using all the tricks. Yet, I have watched youtube videos of a woman soloing a TBM progression (In Defense of Health) with nary a nervous moment.

So, my advice . . . watch the video. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/in-defense-of-health-ha.232174/#post-3424794

Decide if continuing with the enchanter is what you want to do. If not, then roll another character that is in demand, can solo, and not quite as challenging.

At the risk of enraging a large part of the eq world, I'd recommend: Monk, Beastlord, Mage. Also, you may want to look into a different guild. Guild groups should be willing to take you with them on progressions, HAs, etc.
  3. Brohg Augur

She undersells enc dps ability pretty solidly, but it's wonderful how chill she is
  4. Zamiam Augur

why do you need to have another all access account .. box a mage or necro but keep them f2p once the toons is close to 100 sub the account for 1 month to get autogrant aa's and get some more aa's to beef up the pet then let it fall back to f2p then just use mage account for some added dps and pet tank.. if you cant afford the 15 ducks for 1month or the 1.5mil pp to buy a krono (which i think someone broke it down to .50c a day) then maybe go play something else ? EQ is cheap entertainment for the price ..
  5. Rivitt Elder

Most content got tuned to raid-geared characters. In a South Park where the management saw the regular characters being killed off, they said, "Our players will get discouraged and quit." DBG management? They think the 'Harder Harder Harder!" crowd will be enough to pay the bills.

I don't know why they can't let us have something easy to do. :(
  6. Darkark Augur

There is heaps of easy things to do. Personally, I think the OP could probably smoke Crushbone.

Oh ... but you want to the rewards too?
    Viper1 likes this.
  7. disgruntled Augur

You just trying to piss people off, Triton dude?
  8. Sarcogian Augur

Probably the 3 safest bets in comparison to an enchanter. As a monk, you might struggle at first co.pared to beast/mage since the have nukes/pets, but just start clicking discs and reading up on the abilities of the class.
  9. Darkark Augur

Maybe a little bit :) But c'mon, this game is an MMO, not a single player game ...
  10. segap Augur

Other than a few group missions in TBM, all the content is laughably easy with group geared characters. I've three boxed new 105s (classes I'm barely familiar with) with only autogrant AA and a mix of heroic, random voa, some cotf t1 and a couple pieces of crypthunter gear and had no problems with merc and partisan tasks. I've completed some of the group missions as well. TDS is also easy with group gear. CotF even easier.
  11. Triconix Augur

I don't know why but I laughed extremely loud at this comment and my coworkers gave me a very peculiar look.
    Elricvonclief and Whulfgar like this.
  12. Thraine Augur

Luckily for you, you picked the best solo (molo) class in the game ... my advice? go to sarith or valley, find your self a blue con and learn to love your charm and runes. pre-grats on 105 :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

I've some experience with the enchanter class, and I'm not that smurt ! If you are simply trying to nuke / dot like a necro / wizard .. your completely not getting / understanding exactly how to play Enchanters.

Their most powerful ability is to charm stuff send it off attack something break charm, recharm the other I mean holy crap Chantering is pure AWESOME dude !

Get out there and ASK legit chanters to show you or teach you the ways of the Enchanter !
  14. Millianna Augur

You do not even need to learn the class - find a zone with mobs that don't summon. Charm something, load your DoTs on a new mob, and run for life. The dot upgrade has increased agro enough that mobs stick to you like glue.
  15. Klak Augur

I love these threads cause the only true response is getgood.com. Chanters can charm/root dot or a bunch of other things to solo. You are not playing correctly. I suggest ask some high end chanter how to solo things. EQ isn't a hard game but you have to put in some effort on learning how to make things work. Once you do it's easy.
    Viper1 likes this.
  16. Klak Augur

Doubt he trying to piss people off. The truth hurts sometimes.
    Thancra likes this.
  17. Scila Augur

as much as i love what tricks my druid always can do to accomplish things ... my chanty has tons as well it takes knowing what the spells, aa's, gear, and pet of choice vs npc(s) can accomplish
  18. lancelove Augur

OP ie Zokaniz, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Just quit and play Minecraft!
  19. disgruntled Augur

And there it is again. Capable people telling less capable people that we suck and have no right to play.
    Rivitt likes this.
  20. Blurred_Memories Augur

yes there's light at the end of the tunnel. but as others have put less eloquently, it's mostly likely going to require some strategy changes. in truth, i feel like enchanter is one of the easiest classes to to play. i get frustrated as you are now, when i play anything else. no other class feels as capable to me. the only things that *should* give you any trouble are red cons.

first order of business with any new mob type you encounter is finding the answers to 4 simple questions: can i mez it? can i stun it? can i root it? can i charm it? the answers to these questions will determine your available courses of action. in general you will always have at least one *yes* to these four questions. only if you get four *no's* should you rage at the devs.

if you have any *specific* questions on how to affect the outcome of *specific* scenarios feel free to send me a ;tell firiona.blurred and i'll be happy to help if i can. another options is to /autojoin serverwide.enchanter:enchanter. everyone there is generally helpful.

~blurred
    Sinistersrage likes this.