Presence of the Mighty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silentchaos, Apr 17, 2016.

1. TowerDefense Augur

Why are you getting hit by traks aoe?

The only fights you should be getting hit by are talendor and sev, and tals is negated by vexing. Sev, you can buff your PR so high ypu should resist most of them anyways. If youre standing there eating aoes on trak, you dont know what youre doing and really shouldnt have an opinion on game mechanics.
  2. yerm Augur

Vox has a 6.5 day lockout. Why would you not do Gore just because you do Vox? You can do both. Advising people to just not do Gore because it's hard sounds like a really wimpy strategy. For those of us who aren't slouches scared to kill another dragon... we know that Gore's AEs are not on the same level as the others. Her cold and slow does NOT get resisted ever. Her fear can hit with resists on and a bard; if you're really lucky (and especially not grouping clerics with them) you could very likely have every cleric on the run... good luck keeping a tank alive when that happens.

Sev and Tal had no resist mod on their AEs, making them a complete joke. Now you just have to ACTUALLY wear your resist gear and maybe put a bard on your healers just in case to trivialize them with low numbers. These still are not a challenge. Meanwhile, they're also equally useless to Gore, who at least can drop your ID3 item that'll stay useful, so if Gore isn't worth killing because you can do Vox then Talendor isn't either since you can do Naggy. Or maybe you're just too scared to kill the only challenging one?
  3. Spooky Augur

It didn't used to matter with a bard in group. I've resisted all but one or two Trak AEs since kunark launched.

It's now mandatory to joust anything with a resist modifier, so bards are useless outside of tank support and outdoor fights.
  4. DuchessElindra Elder

5. GrugSA Augur

Get gud.

That is all.
  6. neverrain Elder

Dude, we keep every raid target down every week. We do Gore for something to do, not for her loot. Well, I guess the off chance at a cloak, but that's it.
  7. scorallino New Member

Idiots like TowerDefense and yerm continue to derail this thread because all they know is zerg.

People came to play on this server for 2 reasons:

1) The progression time table
    2) Instanced raiding

By breaking one they destroy the other. Sorry you're not intelligent enough to realize that. Please keep 72 manning content that never required more than 30-40 people in original EQ which i'm sure you obviously never really played in era. And please don't act like you 30 man now because you're carried by the people who got gear when being part of a zerg.

I've grouped with people from the zerg guilds and quite frankly 80% of their players have zero clue how to play their class period end of sentence.

I main tank for a guild. I post resists over 350 in every fight. I am regularly being hit by that I wasn't before. I always wear my resist gear.

P.S. We're still killing the mobs its about the little inconveniences of you know pet wide agro and monks being killed through FD. We dont run with 15 monks like you bros - so S.T.F.U.

** To simplify what im saying for the "elite gamers" TowerDefense & Yerm - opinions are like everyones got one and most of them stink.
  8. Lodestar The Undefeated

The people arguing over resists and mighty are wrong. Daybreak is also wrong for allowing this argument to happen. All of these individuals and Daybreak are wrong because this spell never existed in classic and should not be in the game. Get rid of crap that wasn't In the game to begin with. This is a progression server intended for offering up the most close nostalgic view of how the game used to be. You are failing as a company by spending time implementing additions that never existed. Stop failing. Start winning. Accomplish that by doing nothing. Pretty simple.
  9. yerm Augur

Thank you for your attention. I do hope this devolves into an EQ resume pissing match and we can go toe to toe on our experience... In the off chance that it doesn't, well, allow me to retort:

Instanced raiding is currently allowing 72 people, but I have repeatedly called for this to be lowered. I also have constantly defended the stable progression time table and denounced prior TLP's longer ones. I joined this server with a very small group hoping to do content with extremely low numbers. I never asked for these buffs and have repeatedly denounced changes such as combat regen that specifically hurts small groups.

Meanwhile, what is your opinion? All I see is a lot of screaming that me and the guy I am arguing against are both zergs. I've posted what I want; have you? You posted that it's broken due to not possibly being tested - guess what - I said the same thing. You want them to stop releasing untested and buggy new that causes people to need more numbers? So do I. So, what are you yelling at ME for? I've been on the same side as you all along. If they're going to buff damage, great, buff literal damage... not make stuff irresistible.

When you're calmed down, feel free to ask your own guild about me. I've played with plenty of your current members, including classic. I also, unlike you, played on past TLP servers. I actually know what I'm talking about and include ideas/suggestions in my posts to hopefully make improvements rather than just rage, based on my experiences doing this crap before, which yes, actually, I've done. Opinions are like , anyone that doesn't have one of their own is probably full of . I bet that you can just ask in guild chat on Entendre's next raid and at least 3 people in your guild will vouch for my ability and experience. Go on. You won't.
    Dither likes this.
  10. TowerDefense Augur

Because 3 splitting PD with 70 people is zerging... AMIRITE?

PLEASE return to this thread when you learn something about the game. People that are complaining about the negative resist portion of the buff are just bad. Flat out. I'm sorry if this hurts or offends you. Not everyone that plays this game is good, you need to learn that.

Complaining about the large range detrimental song that affects pulling and pets is a valid concern, and also one that was already touched upon and scheduled for fixing.

If you would like to take more shots at me, feel free, but i almost promise you that your guild brings twice as many people to kill a mob than we do. Thank you for your time.

Oh, one more thing. Our main tanks are posting 500+ MR for most fights. Just for an fyi, since you clearly think 350 is where you should be...
  11. scorallino New Member

I'll quickly answer your questions:

1) My opinion: I posted on this thread which inherently means I support the removal of this buff. There I spelled it out for you.
    2) I don't care that you've played on other TLPs. This isn't "past" TLPs and this experience is completely different front to back. Less time, instances, ect.
    3) I'm glad we share the same opinion on raiding - it should be a small operation and not a zerg fest.
    4) I rage because I've earned the right to. I pay my 15$ a month x 3 so I expect them to take that money and actually develop that works.
    5) I'm not going to ask my guild who you are or what your experience is because personally I don't care. Either you back this thread or you don't. You're right my experience & yours may vary at the end of the day see "Either you back this thread or you don't". It sounds like you do. My fault for reading some slander in the middle of this and making an assumption.

Thats the closest thing to a "sorry" you're gonna get.
  12. TowerDefense Augur

Start split raiding. It's actually fun.
  13. scorallino New Member

How do I get to be as cool as you? Your tanks have 500+ resists? No WAY BRO! Sounds like they are giving up all their HP/AC. Sweet tactics. Please let me know which of your tanks are posting 500+ resists. Provide me those names since you like to spout out like that.

Like I said chump we're still killing the bosses just dealing with the inconveniences of poor coding. Phara Dar is a REALLY tough kill let me tell ya. SUPER tough. Congrats on taking your zerg guild and killing probably the easiest dragon in Kunark. The fact that you're sitting at 70 members says volumes about your "skill".
  14. TowerDefense Augur

Yes, because when youre tanking everything in defensive, you clearly should have max hp and ac....

Everytime you post, you prove over and over how little you really know.

Its actually sad.

As for the names for the tanks, i dont understand wjy you need names...go to alla, look up resist gear... and profit. If youre atill confused ill help you out further.
  15. Maddox New Member

Whats the chance you important guys can check your baggage and personal drama at the door here. Would be awesome to have a thread directed at rolling back this BS without getting you're ego's roped in here. You're all better than each other at EQ. Congrats. DBG - please roll back PoTM now!
  16. Rollins New Member

Y'all are sad.

Dragons can still be killed using jousting, more resist gear, etc. Fact is this doesn't make the game any more enjoyable. This TLP is about being able to experience classic content for the nostalgia. Period.

Remove this.
  17. taliefer Augur

whether dragons can still be killed and whohaswhatbigger epeen is irrelevant. the aura is an unneccesary change, as the dragons AEs were already well balanced with player resists and hp pools. the fact that they messed up and made it a detrimental effect is just a bad implementation of an unneccesary idea
  18. yerm Augur

Maybe if you didn't run scared from doing Gore (despite still doing Tal) you'd have a better perspective. That's not going to be tanked in constant defensive, it's going to be tanked with a fearless knight who can also compensate for the now-unresistable slow with spell agro.

According to your DKP site you split only Nexona and PD? Or am I reading this wrong? Meanwhile, it does indeed seem you don't touch Gore but do everything (including sky?) else. I can stop harping on why this is silly if you'll kindly stop telling people who DO kill Gore how it supposedly works...
  19. bodes Augur

Some people enjoy the challenge and having a dragon fight last a few minutes. Would you really want another Fippy where gore dies in 1 second to 25 SKs? That was the "classic content" you're asking for and it was really boring.
  20. neverrain Elder

Oh we do. Still run out of viable targets.