Completing Velious Requirements

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gremin, Apr 23, 2016.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

We agree on this one point. First time in 3 X-pacs.

I'm not here to poke fun at you guys or make any demands, but if I get keyed for ST on my team, please do not wake him out of spite. I would like to see the zone and there's a 0% chance I would ever wake him out of spite or for any reason. With all the complaining i do about you guys hogging content it'd be totally asinine for me to go and wake the sleeper.

As with all raids, I just wanna see them a few times, and as far as the future goes as long as FI doesn't poke me/intentionally aggravate me you guys will not get any trouble from me. We've been down that road once before =P
  2. MabbuQuest Elder

Waking the sleeper was supposed to be removed but I'm betting 100% thats still required to throw the timer.

The breastplates were note required on the last progression servers. Therefore its more believable that they did yet remove the sleeper req.

Judging by the fact that they can't even get the right inny spawning in hate, I'm going to go ahead and say its the sleeper =P
  3. Dral Elder

It was specifically stated that waking the Sleeper was removed from the progression requirement. Has your server made all the BPs yet? It would seem more logical to ensure they have, before considering waking the sleeper.

There are no guilds on LJ that would walk into ST and intentionally wake the sleeper, if they had the ability to do so. There are guilds that would even wait until the content is out of era before attempting to kill anything in there. The idea of waiting a few expansions and going in there as a server and killing Kerafyrm is very appealing. Or, at the very least, making it a server event.

Also, with all the bugged issues associated with breaking the barrier in SoV, there are no grounds for comparing RF and LJ. Why not just do so at the same time on both servers? They will be even in progression and maybe we can open transfers both ways between them. Phini will be beta testing SoL, and once SoL is released on RF and LJ, the two servers can battle it out head to head. I think it would be healthy for both servers and maybe even bring some peeps back from Phini.

I also think having Sleepers Tomb in it's original state is a big plus when people are deciding which server to start - or continue playing on.
  4. Kiani Augur

We have no way of knowing whether all the BPs have been made yet. As had been said, this wasn't a requirement on the previous progression servers. It doesn't make sense in a time locked server.

So, it's entirely possible that they haven't correctly removed the requirement to wake the Sleeper. I, for one, don't want DW waking him soon just in case this is the case.
  5. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Do you have a way of knowing how many BP have been made? It seems like this should not be super duper difficult to figure out. I mean I'm more than familiar with being on a server where guilds don't communicate/cooperate, but come on.
  6. Kiani Augur

No, not really. There's not the requirements page that there was for the first progression server, the one that had BPs as a requirement.

I imagine someone could ask the question in general, but you'd have to do that for different times of the day, different days, and you'd have no way of knowing whether a missing BP was actually missing or actually made by people not on at that time or not in the general channel.

I could get the answer for my guild, I imagine most of the Skyshrine and some of the Kael BPs have been made, but probably not that many Thurgadin ones. Non raiding guilds probably have most of the Thurgadin ones, between them, but I have no way of definitively checking this.

If the BPs are a requirement, it's probably the Kael ones lacking.
  7. Random_War New Member

If it's the BP Requirement, I can speak for ones I know have been made just in my guild.

Skyshrine
    War
    Cleric
    Enchanter
    Necro
    Druid

Thurg
    War
    Enchanter
    Druid
  8. Blingx Augur

Didn't the Combine/Sleeper have a minimum 30day timer per expansion(not IN expansion)? It was effectively (If nextExpansion#*30 < daysSinceServerLaunched Then Unlock) after completing an expansion. I think early on the daysSinceServerLaunched outpaced the nextExpansion#*30 so the time didn't really come into play.

Two "progression" servers were created in June2006, containing just the original game world, comprising Antonica, Faydwer and Odus. As the players achieve certain goals, the later expansions are unlocked, with zones, classes and races becoming available. There was a time limit of at least a month between each expansion. In April 2007 the two original progression servers merged into one.
    --Strategywiki.org

Edit:
    Back on topic...
    It's possible the opening is just bugged, I don't know how Fippy went but I recall Luclin unlocking/opening on Combine was bugged as well and needed some assistance.
  9. Varisath Elder

If anyone is actually keeping track, I can add SK and Shaman to the Thurgadin list. Accounts aern't active at the moment so I can't "prove" it, but yeah, I farmed basically full Thurg sets for my team of 6. Was still missing 1 more plate BP for Cleric and needed 3 Robes which I never got.
  10. Kiani Augur

Well, the timer has unlocked now, at least. I bet those on LJ would like to know what the hold up was!
  11. Gremin Augur

The Devs where the holdup. Grats RF on starting your timer.
  12. Obsessed Journeyman

So it turns out to unlock Luclin you have to hand Mort and Gage rot loot from ST.