Congrats TEMPUS on killing Vulak'Aerr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by EQForumAcct, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Crackers Elder

I'm curious to know how many people it took. Last I heard guilds on Ragefire were bringing 200+ to kill these kinds of targets.
  2. Tieyla Elder

Hijacking the supposed number 2 guild's achievement and grats threat to claim you're still number one is is rather lame. No one cares.
  3. Sneakers New Member

Yes, let's point out the couple of people that did this compared to the many DW that congratulated Tempus...
  4. Quechal New Member

Being in several DPS races with DW i have noticed they are gracious in victory and defeat. always seemed to be cool cats. while killing vulak first is nice and all, i think more people care about it that are not in DW or Tempus than are in.
  5. Lifetap Augur

Congrats Tempus! #1 guild on Ragefire. Good Job!
  6. Kiani Augur

Nobody has done that. A few people, mostly from LJ have trolled, congratulating Tempus on becoming number one, and a couple of DW have fallen for the troll to defend their guild.

Obviously, people do care, even LJ people, or the trolls wouldn't try it.

Tempus are a good guild, and deserve congratulations on their thread, not trolls hijacking it to take a dig at Darkwind.
  7. Syrup Augur

Grats Tempus!

Unlocking the timer and defeating the gate keeper to luclin has cemented your position as top guild.
  8. bodes Augur

Congrats to Tempus. It's nice to see the expansion boss die to a single raid of skilled players instead of a huge zerg. Clearly the best guild on Ragefire once you consider their raiding ability and quality of people.
  9. Kittany Augur

I predict that the TEMPUS ranks will surge with new applications because of the achievement :)
  10. ChiefBulltesticle New Member

Child of La, Son of Tiey. We have saying in Darkwind, 2 buffalo better than 1. As Darkwind spiritual leader, I tell all my young warriors this saying. My tribe cannot survive in the cold tundra of Velious without 200+ moccasins at every fight.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  11. bodes Augur

We appreciate the honesty about needing 100 people minimum to kill anything.
  12. EQForumAcct Augur

OK - so if you're CET-1, and EST is CET-5, that means you logged off at 11PM EST?

Again, if you're CET-1 that means that your log is showing Tempus being in the zone at 9EST, correct?

[Fri Apr 22 00:58:58 2016] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Vulak`Aerr has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Ryanilin along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

So Vulak died at about 1AM EST.

Had a friend in Tempus look through their logs and get a snapshot of when they zoned into ToV that night (again, absolutely no way I can prove it - same as you can't prove your logs, but I'm taking yours at face value too)

[Fri Apr 22 19:42:41 2016] You have entered Temple of Veeshan.

And same friend tells me that from their logs, the first kill (hall mobs at the ToV zonein) was at 7:44PM EST

So even IF my hours are a bit off in the CET-to-EST conversion (totally possible in my initial comment about using Google)...you're still not correct about Tempus being in zone and raiding before the zone re-popped. I wasn't in ToV in order to see when the countdown message was for the repop - perhaps the Tempus tracker will be kind enough to do so.

So, unless Tempus WERE raiding in there and all zoned out (to keep from getting ganked based on their placement in the zone for the repop out of fear that fresh spawns may have hit them), you're incorrect until we see proof otherwise.

You know why? Because Tempus killed Sontalak before zoning into ToV. Tempus friend says their logs show Sont dying around 7:38pm EST

As I understand, the announcement was only in ToV. My logs don't show a serverwide message or I'd have exact times for when the zone repopped.

However, they didn't waltz up to Lady Nev. Friend says they killed the dragon minis on the way (Ikatiar, Eashen, etc). They had to kill Aary (died about 9:15pm EST or so he says). They killed Lord Fesh (died around 9:51pm EST). They killed Dagarn (about 10:15pm EST). They killed Jorl (about 10:47 EST). Lady Nev died about 11:35pm EST. Vulak died at 12:58AM EST per the systemwide. At the time Vulak died, as I'm told, DW had a raid force of about 40 coming up the west side of NToV and stopped before getting to Vulak's room.

Sucks there was no cake.

And I've just proven that the stuff you posted as proof is wrong. Now, as far as I know, most Tempus and most DW don't give a flying bleep about each other. However, there's a good number of DW who will stop at nothing to keep others down. You can choose to believe it or not. But, DW has trained other guilds raiding. Back in Kunark, and even now in Velious. I'm sure Rosengard will be happy to tell you all the times that DW trained them (and if you ask DW, they will say the same about Rosengard).

In the end, DW has good folks in it. As does Tempus. DW's leadership (along with some members) CHOOSES not to play nice with the rest of the server. DW's leadership leads their members into things they know they shouldn't do (i.e. exploiting the zone cap to get 200+ in zone to kill AoW).DW membership comes and about box armies killing Tormax, etc...yet, condones the same box armies in their membership/affiliations (Drainboss anyone?).

edit: couple of spelling mistakes
  13. Stig New Member

For Vulak we had mid 80's, though I personally think it can be done with less but I would never limit guild response.

As to Tempus in ToV when the repop occured, well, there were a couple that were doing some farming of HoT, and the rest were just zoning in after we had killed Sontalak. We, as a guild, certainly had nothing going in in ToV when the repop was announced.

It was nice to kill vulak, but not as sweet as it was 15 years ago when I participated killing it when it was more of a challenge. But all this phallus waving about 17 year old content is meh. I was a hardcore raider back in the day when it was new and unknown. This time around, I am just enjoying it at a leisurly place.
  14. taliefer Augur

you cant really bring 80+ people to a mob then complain its not much of a challenge. and yes, i get not wanting to limit guild response, blah blah blah. doesnt change the fact these mobs were never remotely tuned around having that big of a raid force attacking them.
  15. RadarX Augur

Folks this thread is going to stay open for now. For those of you who didn't receive suspensions this morning, please keep in mind we do enforce our forum guideilnes.
  16. Stig New Member

Sure I can, because until that point, Vulak hadn't spawned on the server.

I can't remember exact numbers from 15 years ago, but I am sure it wasn't too far off for numbers when raiding. I am sure it was less, but not by much I would guess.
  17. taliefer Augur

the only raids ever tuned for 72 people was during PoP. the top guilds all had to go on recruiting sprees at the time because exactly 0 raid content was tuned to anywhere near that number, let alone 80+.
  18. Zool Elder

Grats Tempus.
    Most skilled guild on the server for sure! :)
  19. Dobs Elder

Congrats Tempus. Well deserved.

/Meemers
  20. Crackers Elder

Nevermind found the answer. 80+ people is still too much. The difficulty is unrealistic for this mob, he should be tuned down. Either that or code an increased raid capacity, which I'm sure won't happen. If you're going to limit our raids to 72, then you need to ensure the difficulty of the mobs is on par with that.