SK dps vs Pally dps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by iamgreatness, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Won't disagree there, it's stupid as is, but then again so are lots of things in this game.

A mind crash kind of ability would probably be more apt for non fd classes, though it'd probably need to not be single target to be effective in a lot of situations.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Surprised they are not selling Fade tokens with 100% success rate on either the Loyalty merchant or SC store.
  3. Triconix Augur

I'm well aware of them but they're absolute crap. I used about a stack of them and maybe 5 of them actually worked for me. The cost/time required to get them is preposterous. And if they fail, I still have insane aggro and I'm stuck in the same position as if I didn't have them. 3 minutes is a long time to suck on an egg and do nothing. I pride myself on not being a cliché lazy warrior.

It's either I spend hours farming for them -hours I don't have or don't want to put into this game any more - or pay a boatload of Plat for them plus they work maybe 30% of the time.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

A tank should never be fading off aggro even if they get it when they don't want to. A tank fading aggro opens up the chance of aggro going to a caster or dps. The next tank in rotation should be using their disc to gain aggro. With warriors, this is normally fairly quickly...with knights not so reliable but doable.
  5. Kamea Augur

What you're failing to realize is one of the primary reason for warriors being able to drop aggro is so the next tank ready to tank is 2nd on aggro.

I still find it funny how many people without real boss tanking experience fancy themselves experts in the area. This is how we have such a silly discussion where people are arguing against boss tanks having the ability to control their own aggro in both directions.
  6. Viltaire Augur

I always thought warriors should have a retreat ability. While it might not be a fade it would let them lower their agro by whatever needed percentage, 50% as an example, in order to make the transition even smoother. I see nothing wrong with warriors having a way to reduce/drop agro.
    Kamea likes this.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

OK
  8. Ravengloome Augur

lol what?
  9. Triconix Augur

Ummm you're joking, right?
  10. Linden Augur

Come on now...Paladins have never been able to do any real dps...That will never change. Paladin swarming? Is never going to happen either. The day I see a paladin do 250k dps while tanking a named in TBM is the day I will never see...Maybe they will give us a boost and we can hit 18k on a good burn. Otherwise make an SK, they are the real dps...Paladins, they definitely need a big boost.
    Pulling Dh missions in 2 pulls....That's the stuff SK's do..not paladins...Oops...Did I necro this? My bad.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

While 250 may be out of reach, 18k really? Paladins trying to add a little dps while also tanking can hit 40k easy.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

The game can't fix bad paladins. and 18k is bad paladin.
  13. Linden Augur

I guess i will reroll my class then. Because i an a bad paladin
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm from Linden btw. :) The 250 isn't out of reach. Pallies who stack a BoF proc w/ 7th, Glyph, PF, VR, IJ, RI etc make other tanks look bad.
    Linden likes this.
  15. Linden Augur

Look..Here is the thing about Paladins. You wont learn jack on these forums. Think outside the box. max you're AA's and learn how to be creative and use all you're AA's...But Paladins keep it all a secret...Once you figure it out...you will know. Dont listen to the ...telling you to mem these nukes and these aggro, use these disciplines, etc... its BS....do exactly the opposite. And I would love someone to challenge that. Please do.
  16. Linden Augur

thats about right, I would add to that 2nd spire, Reflective righteousness ( although I save it for the heal effect while tanking because full burn mode, then Clickies..clickies..clickies....Overwhelm mob with dps..There ya go. Forget the aggro spells, forget the nukes...mem Grief, sorrow, contrition, and pentinence. 3 burst heals, run armor, and cover yourself with AA and burst for qucik heals as needed
    Oh and Dich Stun as another instant heal/aggro benefit, then FR for reset..use again if needed
  17. Brohg Augur

hmm.
  18. Ravengloome Augur

250 is not out of reach if you use the right buttons.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  19. Rhodz Augur

A tank's job is hold agro and survive.
    Since Ive done the raiding thing and still havent felt the need to get back into it only group interests me at this point.
    The SK is just far easier to hold agro though a wide variety of conditions.
    The Pally survives like no other.
    DPS is immaterial to either in and of itself unless one is soloing or has no DPS class supporting.
    Ego is holding agro, controlling the fight, and coming out ahead at the end.
    Screw the parcs they matter not at all, if I wanted to look at those I'd play a DPS class.

Never been able to get a Pally into higher levels, just always lose interest though how much of that is the design of the class and how much of it is my personality is unknown.

Perhaps our next trio might be a Pally/Druid/Enc. Got me thinking at least.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

There is no situation ever where DPS is immaterial. Infact it is probably the most important part of anything (group or raid or solo).

With enough DPS you can win any encounter, without enough DPS you cannot.

Its entirely possible to do things with subpar healing/tanking, but not so much with subpar dps.
    Vrinda and Linden like this.