New Hot Zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Millianna Augur

I am going to keep this simple. We wanted new HZ, because we wanted a change in scenery. We asked for HZs in zones that most players enjoyed. We got the complete opposite. It’s more efficient to run HAs rather than travel to BFE to compete for 10 spawns in zones everyone hates. This is got to be one of the more a$inine changes I have seen.
  2. Kaliko Augur

What zones do players "enjoy" that aren't specifically hotzones? Everyone seems to be at Gribbles or Hotzones :p
  3. Bamboompow Augur

See, its posts like these that probably assure that we don't get nice things. Likely the devs tend to ignore them, or we all hope that they do. Mostly it translates to damned if you do, damned if you don't, so why bother? They still do bother. Likely after 17 years they know that people will never be satisfied and will always find something to nit pick about.
  4. Millianna Augur

Why can't they do what the community ask for? We wanted new hotzones in zones that most people enjoy. I have no chance of getting a group in zones like Fear or PoA to stay outside the five quest mobs. Why? The zones suck and most people hate them.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Maybe the last thing we should want is any attention from DBG and that may well be the point.

I can say absolutely the HZ Valdeholm is very unpopular as we spent hours in there just simply because killing giants is something we find entertaining even though the xp is fairly poor.
    The zone in no way should be a level 80 HZ, the mobs are just too low.
    We saw the occasional molo come through stay for 10 minutes and leave, maybe three of them all night.

The zone is not designed badly at all, its a great zone... five or more levels earlier.
    The augs are level 75 to boot, that tell us anything?
    That is poor management hands down.
    White knight away....
  6. code-zero Augur

My reading was that there's 3 hotzone for every level with an entirely new set coming online every 3 months. For 95 I has seen Sarith and Pillars so far but may have missed one yesterday.
  7. Millianna Augur

NM this, I'll just run all three Gribbles daily. They are roughly around the same exp and take about the same time. Since I don't have time for both, I'll just do the HAs
  8. Darkark Augur

I put it to you good sir/madam, that this logic is not simple.
  9. Lily Augur

I agree that this needs more thought put into it. Today I took a level 95 alt to Arthicrex. I ran around for awhile and only found 1 centurian which was in a group of 5 mobs. I couldn't split them, but tried pulling anyway. They made short work of both my pet and cleric merc. I ended up evac'ing w/o a single kill. I saw others posting about lack of mobs. I must have been in Sarith, Pillars, and Fear Itself at a good time, but I spent well over 1 and 1/2 hours in MMM each of the 2 days it was the 85 HZ.
  10. Millianna Augur

Anyone selling that anti troll spell? I need it.
    Nolrog likes this.
  11. Rhodz Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones
    Explanation in text
  12. Stephen51 Augur

Sarith : Kill 5 Crabs or Kedge. Could anyone find any Kedge that are attackable? Alla has them listed as NPC non quest.
    Perhaps DB meant to make the Oseka mobs around the zone into Rubek Oseka the target? They are definitely killable.
  13. Rhodz Augur

At this point wouldn't it be grand if someone at DB took a quick course in customer communications?
    What I see and what I read just don't mesh.
    Even Allakhazam is confused.
  14. Picaresque Augur

For many reasons, I concur. With journey time added, the DH HA is superior. Add in the occasional guard bonus daily and it weighs heavily in favor of the DH. I have found it more fun doing those and some from Bixie and EWTK.

One suggestion would be to add Druid and wizard ports to more zones.
  15. Lilura Augur

Fear Itself is a ghost town. No one ever there, which is fine with me, I want some augs from there.
  16. Millianna Augur

How about sell those quested ports. Also, please make sure there is more than 10 of the quest mobs. Feels like lower guk alll over again
  17. Arraden Augur

I really like the shake up on Hot Zones but I feel they are a bit of a headache.
    I'm in Jewel of Atiiki looking for Hounds or Pumas... I don't think there are any...
  18. Aghinem Augur

The complainant must be from TLP. It is their nature to complain about everything. Quite honestly, I think the HZ changes are very cool.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  19. Aghinem Augur

Here is the problem; what you enjoy and what others may enjoy are two separate things. Hate to break it to you, but you aren't some type of elected representative that speaks on behalf of the whole community. Some people enjoy Sarith, some enjoy Valley of Lunanyn, others enjoy The Grounds, etc etc. You can't dictate what other players enjoy. If you don't like the current HZs, just wait until the next cycle and they will magically change.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Not sure what zone "BFE" is. My limited experiences are as follows.

95 - I've gotten Sarith and Pillars so far. In Sarith I didn't even look for any kedge, since there's a slew of crabs in the water. I don't think i even had to move to pull the five I needed to finish. Pillars is a pain if you don't have access to a porter with the spells. I did the quest on my wizard, so now i do. Once there, I was able to get the "horror" mobs I needed in a few minutes.

90 - Fear Itself is not a problem for me. I spent a lot of time in the past getting augs there. The problem I had, was not getting credit for the "boogeymen" i killed. Hope this is fixed by now. The centurions in Arthicrex do seem few and far between. As mentioned, they are usually part of the crew following the patrol leaders, but not always.

85 - Have only drawn Fortress Mechanotus so far. Needed 5 reavers which took 20 min to find.

80 - The royal guards seem really uncommon. I took my 80 chanter there and needed to wait for respawns in the large building where Zerakt is. They should pick a different mob. Not sure why they could not have specified sargeants or lorekeepers which are far more plentiful.

In short, I don't have any problems with the zones. Liking a zone is subjective and not the same for people. The only problems i have so far are the bugs and the specification of uncommon mobs.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Aghinem and Lily like this.