Which class is the most powerful currently.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by iamgreatness, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Bamboompow Augur

Is this due to the class or lazy design of content? You are 100% right, but no one wants to actually state the obvious. This fantasy world lives in its own fantasy world. No one wants to say that there is one class that can cakewalk everything, even though there most certainly is. Probably fear of nerfs, certain lobbying efforts on the part of some individuals causing annoyance (and more imbalances) or that the possibility exists that devs phoned it in on making a variety of encounters in the game which otherwise would prohibit one class from running roughshod over everything.

Thing is, there are lots of wizards and they like where they are at. Kinda doubt much would change on the design of the class. It would be better to have content that can actually challenge them, or not favor them as the only solution for everything.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I also would like it if my class was the best DPS caster class, and direct competition for best DPS class period, on every event in the game regardless of length.
  3. Enkel Augur

Necro can beat wizard on events and on nightly combines if they're good, and some events wizards are not the top class at all. Wizard can beat Necro, but it isn't always, or at all, Wizard > Necro.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Ybidzian New Member

What's the problem? Everything is as it has always been. Wizards are definitely the best in short fights, necros are the best in long ones. What's the hassle?
  5. Sobmre Augur

Enchanters, They can run around and solo pretty much anything they want

assuming they know what they are doing
  6. Hostility Elder

If you're done crying now. And, you want to do something about it. You can reroll as the "overpowered" class of your dreams. Better yet make a character on a new account as a powerful alt to carry the historically nonsolo class you voluntarily chose and continue to voluntarily play. Instead of complaining about the classes that give up other strengths for the ability to solo. And, If one of these classes beats you on a parse, or at tanking something. Maybe you need to rethink what you're doing. Nevermind I'm sure you have mad skillz
  7. Triconix Augur

Raids: Clerics.

They're the only class in the game where if you don't have any, you don't raid. Any other class is replaceable in some way or fashion.

Group: Enchanter.
  8. Apoc Augur

Half of you still commenting must not realize that wizards already took a big hit from the mana burn nerf. Melee took a much smaller hit since they didn't have many abilities for spell damage crit modifiers anyhow.
  9. Klak Augur

The most powerful class is the one that I am playing at the moment cuz im the best. :p
    Classes get stronger/weaker depending on patches. Play what you enjoy/like to do for raids if a raider or groups if a grouper.
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Stomped Journeyman

It's the everquest forums so obviously most if not all answers will be a little if not complete trolls.

EQ is a game of inches, whoever can extend that length the most usually wins. If you took parses from the top 10 guilds from the same fights you would see widely varied results even between the same classes with the same support structure. Speaking to this point that is where personal knowledge and skill comes in.

You will also see wide variance even if two classes are evenly matched due to gear distribution, length of encounter based on your guilds DPS, priority on fight mechanics etc.

The true "best players" and "best current classes" tend to be people that adapt the best. They follow the mechanics within the constraints of the circumstances given to them, whether that be proper or improper support....poor guilds or great ones, they will stand out...class not withstanding.

Sure patches can heavily affect one or the other of the variables but the constant is typically knowledge and adaptability.

Farming AA's to chain Glyph is a good example for classes that know they won't get proper support during certain fights and furthermore that person's ability to use the Glyph and/or cooldowns in conjunction with their own skills scales the results in their favor even more.

tl;dr there is really no easy answer, I have seen a ranger top parses when they were thought useless. I have seen beastlords double anyone else on a burn fight, I have seen wizards beat rogues and such on sustain when thought impossible.

edit: klak klak klak
    Klak likes this.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Berserkers can beat Wizards as well, but great Berserkers are much harder to come by than decent Wizards. Rangers too in certain situations.
  12. Enkel Augur

Very true. I'm surprised no one is talking about Berserkers and is hyper focusing on Wizards. Also, Enchanters are insane in group content....... People complained about mage pets, lol.
    Sancus and Agrippa like this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

I'd vote for my enchanter, too. He can tank named as easily as my paladin and his summoned pet tanks about as well as my wife's mage's max EM air pet does.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because they're a lot harder to play well than a wizard.
    Coronay likes this.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

By enchanter summoned pet you mean charm pet right... Because if not you are doing it wrong :p
  16. Vivamort Augur

Maybe he is making fun of Mage pets and how they have been nerfed, by comparing them to Shiny Bob.
  17. Agrippa Augur

Yeah, I was referring to Shiny Bob vs the max EM air pet. Both tank yellow cons easily enough, but both will die against two blue cons if not being careful. I do charm whenever I can, though.
  18. Venau Augur

Ok....I'll bite...go ahead and tell me the mana burn nerf that wizzies just took. How much dps did they lose? Or are you talking about the dps generated by mana burn that shows up on other classes parses? (it was just made a fixed amount).

Please go ahead and tell me how else wizzies just got nerfed with mana burn........
  19. Whulfgar Augur

Mages ..

/duck
  20. Bamboompow Augur

Supposedly manaburn went from awesomely OP to just merely awesome.