New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

I guess our problem is that, yes, you need to change spells to do a different, warriors cannot do that at all.

People keep posting that warriors are chosen by people who do not want to be able to heal, because its too much trouble. That is absolutely wrong, people picked warriors because they liked the idea of trading off not being able to heal, for tanking and dps'ing better.

Nobody would pick a class for what it can't do. That is just ridiculous.
  2. Mistatk Augur

Nice so you are so much more vastly intellectual then me, that by your virtues your class gets to be both best at tanking, and be able to heal. Must be great to be you.
  3. Mistatk Augur

Just endless personal attacks to avoid the real issues. How can paladins be best at tanking, and the only ones who can heal? It makes no sense. So keep up the personal attacks, because you don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the question of class balance.
  4. Mistatk Augur

5. shik Elder

my favorite part is how the knight advantage seems to have grown incrementally.
    Last I saw in this thread they have MORE mitigation than warriors, whereas they were 5% under in the best of times in the beginning.

Man I wish knights were as good as you butt hurt warriors imagined.
  6. Mistatk Augur

Yes, Beast and Ranger can heal. But how often do beast and ranger out dps wizards? Your saying paladins should both heal, and out tank warriors, by having warriors stance.

This is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Nobody picked warriors because they are unable to heal, they picked them because they were the strongest tank. I.E it wasn't an inferior class when people picked it, or for the past 16 years, only now with this stupid stance debacle.

Sigh. More skill? Clicking buttons is clicking buttons. I have 10 bars of hot buttons, and some with multiple sets on that line based on the situation. Yeah making and playing a paladin is so insanely complex, that they should end up a much stronger class then all others when they are finally mastered.

Don't know what this means, but I think you are trying to say, both warrior and paladin end up with the same amount of power in the end, it just comes from different places. That would be great if there was any truth to it. Paladin can tank as well as warrior and has massive healing abilities, it is not even in the ballpark of close to balanced.
  7. Mistatk Augur

This is a post showing that people are saying the current state of stances is where it should be, not an over shoot.
  8. Mistatk Augur

This is another post supporting where stances are at, not calling it an overshoot of where it should be.
  9. Mistatk Augur

This is another post supporting stances as is, not saying they were overshot by bad design.
  10. Mistatk Augur

This is another post supporting stances as is, not calling them an overshoot.
  11. Mistatk Augur

This is in support of stances as they stand, not calling it an overshoot or error.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Paladins are best at tanking now? Tanking is still actively keeping hate AND survivability correct? We would have to be the Best at both to be the best at Tanking. Which is certainly not true, our snap aggro is well below the other tanks, Our survivability is situationally better than SK's, but overall probably lower than warriors. Our mitigation however is similar.

Mitigation alone does not a tank make. If it did enchanters would be the best tank in the game for raw mitigation of damage.
    Nightops likes this.
  13. Mistatk Augur

This is in support of stances as is, not calling it an overshoot.
  14. Mistatk Augur

Only up to page 25, and trying to avoid posting from the same people too much. Going to take a break for now. There was one guy who said it was literally "the best thing to ever happen to the game", I haven't came to his post yet.
  15. Nightops Augur

I didn't say efficient... I said capable.

Well... if you want to get technical... DP is not permanent. I'm sure I do not have to remind you it goes away when you equip a 2h weapon for dps or will not take affect when using guardian lines of discs.

But I will let all of that slide because I don't want to be big jerk... but tell me why it is much stronger? Tell me why knights should be at 60% of mitigation... what's your supporting facts. What is the difference that makes you say a total of 20% instead of the 25% which I suggested?
  16. shik Elder

You keep reposting yimins posts, a troll mage from drinal as some sort of proud evidence in an argument with no one. Mistak, your use of time, maybe even yr overall trajectory saddens me.

Let's keep this post going. I got another 100 pages in me. 2nd wind.
    Nightops likes this.
  17. shik Elder

However these Knight stances are the best thing to ever happen to America.
  18. Nightops Augur

1. Raid tank.
    2. Because it's a class in EQ... the same reasons why someone would want to roll a rogue, ranger, paladin, sk, or beastlord in todays game (I could add in more).
  19. Nightops Augur

You quoted a post from page 11 to support your discussion on page 104. o_O

But lets take that post.... it also says no guilds have removed their warriors in favor of knights.
  20. Nightops Augur

I didnt see the poster of your quote mention he was in favor of the current state or not. It looks like you implied the posters feelings at best.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.