Unable to zone to Nektulos Forest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Desmond, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Desmond New Member

(Copying this here since I don't know wether it could be related to TLP - I'm experiencing this on Phinny)

I'm unable to zone into Nektulos Forest. Whenever I try to teleport/zone in there with a character I get a Server Error / Zone unavailable error (however the zone is up, I'm 100% the problem is on my side)

This is what I've tried so far:
    • Deleting all files in my EQ folder with the name "nektulos" on it
    • Uninstalled the game (from the launcher) and reinstalled. (Uninstall from Windows doesn't work)
    Has anyone experienced something similar or know how to resolve this issue?
    Thanks!
  2. Vanrau Augur

Most likely the zone is trying to use a port that is blocked on your end. You'll need to take a look at the firewall on your router or PC to configure it to allow traffic for Everquest.
  3. Desmond New Member

Tried that, still stuck for some reason :(

Thanks for the advice though!
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This happens with all characters you try to zone in with?
  5. rick Augur

not sure if this has anything to do with it BUT the zone seems very flaky lately.

I have not had issues zoning into the area BUT my monk is at the level to hunt the greater wisps which will start to run and literally disappear ..

I thought it might be lag till it happened again and again and they just can't be found again or can only be found once they have trained you..

Not sure what is up with the zone but it is like the mobs are falling off the world or something then poping up somewhere a long way away

Maybe the zone is out f sync?
  6. Desmond New Member

Indeed it happens with any character. Tried creating a DE alt and found out right away.
  7. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Well definitely something in your files then. Do you have another computer you can install EQ on, make sure it works there, and then copy the entire file structure over?