with 4k+ dps, AoW doesn't drop below 100%.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hydrad, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodes Augur

FI asked devs to nerf the overbuffed Bees when they couldn't kill it and resorted to pet walling. One of the benefits of having member-GMs is that you can request nerfs through "back channels" instead of on the boards where everyone can see it.
  2. Kiani Augur

Actually, the regen is broken.

It was added to counter an issue with raids wiping, Rezzing, rebuffing and re-engaging before the mobs had recovered.

It was meant to be out of combat regen (see the patch notes).

It was insane in combat regen too, not as intended. This was a bug.

Various people, not just DW, asked for this to be fixed. Not nerfed, fixed. It affected old raids too, not just Velious. Trakanon, Gorenaire, were harder.

And yes, it means that FI won't be able to try their hand at the harder mobs. So what?

And it will only be FI saying anything about DW crying nerf. Everyone else will be breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't have to face the broken content. FI will be too, but they won't admit it, because it's more fun to dig at DW.

And you know what, I don't doubt that FI could handle the mobs with this regen. Maybe better than DW have done. But it doesn't matter in the end. FI and DW aren't actually competing against each other.
  3. Ebon Elder

Sup,

My opinion is my own and not my guild's official position. That said, you all will get a parse or video over my dead body. What do we owe you? You wanna see the parse, join up. Otherwise, see it for yourself after May 12th, when its released to condescending elitists.

Peace.
  4. Bewts Augur

Last I've heard, DW has been parsed. Just saying.
  5. Ebon Elder

Lol, DW is parsed 10 times a day. I just get an enormous kick from out of the gall some folks have. How can you consider yourself aloof of the rest of the TLP community for 3/4 of a year, then be so very concerned with what the **** we are doing now. Any when I say you, you know who I mean.

Best regards from Shangri-la, err...Ragefire.
  6. Tieyla Elder

No FI did not beg and whine for a nerf to bees. We told Devs it was impossible to kill it with tanks and heal chains. And, we were right. FOUR 4 FOUR 4 guilds killed Bees, all pretty much the same way. It wasn't one single guild crying for a nerf, but four guilds that actually killed it.

FI killed buffed bees more than all three other guilds combined did. Making us at that point the guild with the most experience with them.

No guild has killed AoW, and nerfing it when only one guild has tried is silly.
  7. bodes Augur

You didn't think an encounter was killable and asked for a nerf, by your own admission. DW thinks AoW is unkillable and asked for a nerf. There's no difference at all. If the Bee situation had impacted the unlock timer then FI would have been a lot more vocal about it, but it didn't because the trusty pet wall crutch was an option.
  8. Tieyla Elder

We killed it. What don't you understand about that? Not only did we kill it, but TL killed. OGC killed it. AD killed it.

You know who didn't kill it? Darkwind.

So lets trust them to decide something is not able to be killed.

They certainly have a track record for being the best don't they?
  9. Tieyla Elder

July, 01 2015

- Raid bosses will provide more of a challenge on progression servers. They will also spawn more frequently but with more randomization between spawn times.

July, 22 2015

- Many of the bosses in the Plane of Sky, the Plane of Hate, and the Plane of Fear will provide more of a challenge on Progression Servers.

August, 19 2015

- Progression raid targets have had their difficulty reduced, particularly in the Plane of Sky.

Four guilds killed super buffed bees. Dozens of guilds tried to kill Super buffed bees.

Current AoW, 0 guilds have killed AoW. 1 Guild has attempted AoW.

The situations are not even remotely close. And, you know it. You just have to turn everything into a bash and hate on FI post. Everything. The people arguing that Darkwind is terrible, really don't care if they are. What they care about is content being changed (nerfed) or hell we'll use your word (fixed) before anyone else can see if it is even broken.
  10. Greyowl Augur

[IMG]

Is it still that being marked 2nd by TL that stings you ?
  11. Ker Le Blanc New Member

Ok Tieyla, as u can't understand the great post made about Jaime about the actual situation, I will use simple words.

Do you want a fight of 45 mins very boring due to HP regen and not challenging at all or u prefer a fight shorter but harder? Whats the point of a fight like like Aaryonar whos taking 45 mins to 1 hours to kill? As melee u resist like 99% of the ae due to good MR, u dont even need to dogde ae.

Best is intense fight, where u need some "skills" to do it, where u NEED to avoid the ae to be sucessfull.
    Maybe its time to ask u the right question and stop to think u are an elite. If u were so elite u would have choose to compete against TL/AoS on Phinny and not staying on LJ.

Its right when we speak about "fix" about hp regen and not nerf. It wasnt intended and it make fight way to long and not challenging.
  12. Syrup Augur

So.... it's been a couple days since the patch.
    Can DW still not muster a single AoW kill after they nerfed regen rates?

Usually when you cry for nerfs, and make dps claims ... it's a good idea to back it up with some numbers.
    Otherwise you're just crying and making up.

I'm guessing 8+ months of velious will really help your server health!
    Ragefire deserves at least 1 uberguild, I'm surprised Ebon hasn't done what he always does and split off to attempt to make one. (5th times a charm!)
  13. Greyowl Augur

May wanna try and seperate test from live patches.
    Vaclav likes this.
  14. Ebon Elder

Lockjaw has one "uberguild" and how did that work out for everyone but them? I am reminded of the movie Braveheart when the vile king says, "Scraps, mere scraps!"

Lol, I split off in the hope of finding for my friends and I a guild like Darkwind. It certainly didn't exist on on our previous server. Just took a couple tries ;) -- Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Peace
  15. Vaclav Augur

It's possible Syrup is a time traveler as well... the name does sound Time Lordy.
  16. bodes Augur

You almost single-handedly destroyed 3 guilds and trashed all the effort people put into those 3 guilds. You can't seriously say "blame the game not me" or "just doing whats best for my friends" after that. "The game" is supposed to be about loyalty and perseverance: two qualities you have none of.
  17. TowerDefense Augur

Fixing the Unintended consequences of adding something to the game is not a nerf.

FI had their chance to move to ragefire and decided to stay on the server that is further behind. You should have seen things like this coming. No matter how much you whine, the bug will still be fixed before you try the mob.

No reason to constantly complain about other guilds not being good enough.
  18. Vaclav Augur

And if they really want to "experience it" they can just ask whatever DPS they'd need to account for the before/after regen difference to AFK for the fight - so they can truly experience the original difficulty as if that regen was still there....
  19. Ebon Elder

Who are you again Bodes? I'm at a disadvantage because I have never even once heard of you, but you seem to know so much about me. That's some seriously harsh stuff to be saying. Here's a lil reality fact tho: Those guilds split, and ultimately 90 percent of the membership in them left the server, for one undeniable reason. Anyone who has tried to raid on LJ since its launch knows what that reason is, and it ain't cause of me. So yeah....

You give me way more credit than I deserve, but thank you. :D
  20. Tieyla Elder

Darkwind's last KT done today took 638 seconds at 2333 DPS.
    VagtasticDr00d likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.