PSA from Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kazingar, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Tieyla Elder

Except Trakanon has been contested on Lockjaw. And, FI won every time.

The difference is FI keeps Trak uncontested on Lockjaw (although DHS is now getting kills when they want) and DBG protects your loot.
  2. Machen New Member

This is why the real fun begins at Gates, when not every guild that can throw 54 bodies into a raid can beat the content.
  3. Kazingar New Member

I'm glad I could provide you another opportunity to hash out this same tired, off-topic, and irrelevant argument.
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

According to them they provided you an opportunity to squeeze in your thread between their same tired, off-topic and irrelevant argument =P
  5. Punchu Augur

Short sighted is as short sighted be.
  6. Risiko Augur

Contrary to popular belief, having your cake and eating it too is really awesome.

You could call me every version of carebear you want. It doesn't bother me at all because getting to raid when I want to and not getting batphone calls in the middle of the night is freaking AWESOME!
    Agrippa and Kittany like this.
  7. Bewts Augur

Uncontested mobs is a temporary result of lack of content to raid in Kunark and one guild's dominance of that content for an entire era.

In Kunark it is basically you can either contest and beat Trak or you cannot. Failing to beat Trak results in losing half of the available raid content and 3/4 of the loot worth raiding for compliments of VP dragons.

On Phinny, you get the luxury of not having to worry about a mob being contested - by design. Everything is delivered to you to bash your heads against until you figure out how to beat it. No one is looming in the background or racing to take the dragon spawn.

This WAS and IS how the "classic" experience worked. Either you rose to the occasion and won, or you were relegated to second place and no loot. On Phinny, you can keep trying until you win.

That is why carebear status is referenced for anyone that starts out with, "On Phinny...". It is the equivalent of being a great practice player. Yeah, you can drop 60 points like Kobe in practice. But, when the cameras and lights turn on? You're riding the pine and fouling just to get into the box score during garbage minutes.
  8. Kazser New Member

Population will always fluctuate on lockjaw. That is the purpose of the 6 month progression. Your playtime can be more relaxed because you have more time to progress. High population initially during newly released content and then it dips down over time because there is a lot of time. It's nice not having to worry about instances/lockouts and not feeling the rush to finish content to not fall behind. And later expansions with more raiding content makes this even better. You can fully progress instead of only going after loot mobs before the next expac. Also more time for alts that everyone knows they really want more alts. And getting the ck tent behind rage/phiny means we get the appropriate fixes/patches before the problems happen to us( aka we're not the guinea pigs lol)

It's a 17 year old game no need to rush through things to try and be the best because everything has already been accomplished. I also never got to play every expac. I played on and off through out the years so I'm excited to see everything fully at a decent pace that leaves time to do other things.

I like lockjaw and that's all I have to say about it. (Forrest Gump mic drop)
  9. bodes Augur

Humor me while I use your basketball analogy:

Lockjaw is now a basketball league where an empty stadium sits until a twitter game notification goes out. 5 min later Team Faceless shows up with 20 players. 15 take the bench and 5 go into the game to start scoring. Point after Point is scored. Maybe at halftime Gremin shows up to see if the game is happening and sits down with some nachos. BZZZZZ game over, Team Faceless 108 - Nobody 0. Team Faceless gets on twitter to post how challenging and competitive the game was, except there are no followers to see it. Everyone leaves and the stadium sits empty again, eerily quiet. They go home and turn on the Ragefire channel and see actual 5v5 competitive basketball games happening in a brand new stadium packed with fans. The fans are cheering, the lead changes with every shot, the memories of actual competitive basketball flood the players as they pick up their phones and start to order a $25 bus ticket to the stadium. But then they stop..... what if they can't win that game? It's been so long since they've had a competitive game like that... maybe dunking in an empty stadium ain't so bad since it's so much safer. They sit back down and start posting trash talk on the Darkwind twitter instead.
  10. Syrup Augur

Yeah I heard DW gets stomped pretty regularly on dps races.
  11. Risiko Augur

This is the equivalent of someone pulling up to a stop light in a Lamborghini next to another guy in a Lamborghini, rolling down his window and telling the other guy that his lambo isn't as good as his because he worked hard every day of his life to get rich while the other guy went to college, got a high paying job, and got rich quick. In the end, they both have the same car.

You want to race other guilds to a raid mob. Good for you. I'll take the same raid mobs on MY SCHEDULE, and get the SAME GEAR as you. In fact, I will get MORE gear then you because I will be getting the mobs guaranteed every week AND have a chance at the world spawned mobs as well. So, when you drive your Lamborghini home and park it in the garage, that will be your only one while mine will be sitting next to my other 10 luxury sport cars.

But, hey. Enjoy your race, and STAY OFF MY LAWN!
  12. Syrup Augur

Are we nearing the limit on terrible analogies yet?
  13. yerm Augur

Nope, still awaiting Godwin's law.
  14. cocobo New Member

15. bodes Augur

If you don't like analogies i'l just say this: On May 6th I will be logging in my 6 toons on Lockjaw to participate in the unlock vote. I will similarly encourage everyone else who still has characters there to log in and vote for the option they believe the server deserves.
    Agrippa likes this.
  16. Seraphim Augur

so vote no?
  17. Syrup Augur

[IMG]
  18. Tieyla Elder

Trust me, you're not getting the same amount of loot as members of FI are.
  19. Gremin Augur

Hey! How did you know I like nachos?

P.S. I have never sat and waited on FI for anything. We communicate effectively and do our own things.
  20. bodes Augur

Because everyone likes Nachos? I didn't mean you were a spectator in the literal sense. You're just one of the few people on the server who cares at all what FI is doing because it affects your people.