Is decap a proc?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Dangercat, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Dangercat New Member

Just wondering if decap and the other two insta kills are procs? Trying to get my alt to decap more and i know its based of percentage of swings so figure flurry and haste helps it but I am wondering if it is a proc and by extension would be triggered more by getting more heroic dex. I was putting some strength heroic specific tbm augs in the zerkers gear but if anyone able to shed some light on my question above i may try to balance out the strength and dex.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

It is a proc, and you are better off going Hstr anyway because that will effect every hit. Since Depcap is limited to DB and lower, if you are playing end game it wont come into play very often. Its a set proc to around 2 a min if I remember correctly. It can proc more than that, but also less, but the average is somewhere in the 2 per min range. haste does not effect it, and I don't believe flurry does either, but I have not parsed for those, so I could be wrong on that.
  3. Dangercat New Member

Thanks sojero
  4. Behelit Augur

you want hDex all the way, stacked as much as possible. not cause of decap tho
  5. sojero One hit wonder

I have always been told hstr, why would you want hdex over hstr?

AFAIK:
    hstr adds hstr/10 to each hit before modifiers
    Hdex adds a very small chance to proc and a very small chance to crit.

Has the massively inflated H stats this time made the chance to proc/crit overcome the dmg to each hit?

If so that would make me happy because it is easier to get hdex augs.
  6. Riou EQResource

Elidroth posted the formula when he changed over the Decap/assassinate/headshot to the new way, it was every 25 and every 35 giving you +1%, I forget which was regular Dex and which was hDex. Iirc it was also proc mod style where every +50% = +1 ppm.
    Lonye likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

For around every 200 Heroic Dex you have, parses are showing crit percents raise by 1.5%. With those big 2handers Zerkers use, this is a larger DPS increase than 1 single point of damage tacked on to each hit every 10 Heroic Str.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Makes sense, last time i had checked into that high end was around 300 and so the str was the winner. will have to see what I can do about changing mine up a bit.
  9. Behelit Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/monk-dps.230632/page-7#post-3408554

hDex increases crit chance by worth while amounts, and far outweighs hStr for Zerkers
    sojero likes this.
  10. mackal Augur

It also increases the attack rating for volley
  11. Brogett Augur

The main boost from hStr was always attack based rather than the pitiful +dam, but that depends on the expansion. When AC levels went through the roof, str mattered more than dex again. No idea where it's at now.

This is what also made most parse dummies parses flawed. They (by default) have VERY low AC which in turn means +attack makes little difference, giving the impression that hdex gains much more than hstr. You'll need to boost their AC up by a few thousand before parsing.
  12. MS01 New Member

You want H dex all the way.