Presence of the mighty?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rojas75, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Rojas75 Journeyman

So now raid bosses spells / AoE's are going to dp 200 or 300% more damage? Is that what I just read?
  2. Moranis Augur

Let's just hope they didn't miss a decimal point somewhere...
  3. taliefer Augur

Bosses needed to hit harder cause player mitigation has gone up over the years. But player hit point pools are still the same I believe. Not sure how this is gonna turn out
  4. Weverley Augur

Ok let's put things in perspective.At the beginning of this round of tlp raid mobs we're so weak that a small number of characters could kill raid mobs.If i recall TL on ragefire kill lady vox with 18 persons with most of them in the low 40s. So those mobs weren't even a challenge so due to public outcry about toughest mobs in classic being so easy daybreak instituated the MoTM so that raid mobs we're more of a challenge.Not sure what pourcentage increase in mitigation and on damage they increase it though gonna let other people who watch numbers more answering that part.
  5. Moranis Augur

True, but their AoE's were pretty weak (at least Kunark dragons) when compared to how much HP the average player had and how quick the fights were going.

I wonder if Trak's AoE will be like 2500 damage with a 500pt / tick component, or Gore's AoE will now do like 2k instead of 750.
  6. Syrup Augur

7. Finchy Augur

mitigation in classic and kunark is 40% for melee and spells. I know they scale that back starting in velious with spells, but not sure how much. most of the current AEs seem to be on par with current HP pools of classes, so why they feel the need to change this...who knows.
  8. yerm Augur

I had hoped they would just copy/paste some abilities from newer mobs onto them to add challenge. Throw down ae ramp here, zerg-portout there, and maybe some "an axe is coming for your face, you should duck" for good measure.

I'm no longer overly confident this would be implemented well. Simply increasing the damage % of AEs sound better than in-combat regen even if they do office space a decimal. I'm sure a few will be wildly broken, and some will just be poorly thought through eg Emp's DD doing 300% should be hilarious.
  9. GrugSA Augur

Looking forward to seeing people get 1 shotted by Druushk AEs
  10. Catashe Augur

300% ain't that a little like overkill? I mean my goodness I know they don't want it easy but still... What are they going to be hitting for now? 75% of a persons HP every 30 seconds? lol
  11. uk6999 Augur

Well I hope this isn't the case. I am in a smaller guild with friends that was actually enjoying the challenge of clearing some Kunark content( not everything ) without having to build a massive stock pile of people to throw at it. I might be reading to much into it but I see one of three things happening.

1. Leaving my friends and joining a massive guild to stay in era
    2. Just suck it up and realize that it will require up to a 72 man raid force to clear current content and be satisfied being an expac or two behind.
    3. Give the finger to EQ because things of changed to much without actual testing first.

I'll probably go with 3.
    Weebles likes this.
  12. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Player health pools are higher but definitely not two or three times as high.
  13. Rojas75 Journeyman

I was just estimating 200 - 300% because it said that it would be a similar increase to what their melee damage was increased.. I'm okay with this as long as they remove some of the negative effects it has on your resists.
  14. Zool Elder

Im in the same boat and im been waiting for them to take thier sense togahter. Seems like they will not.
    I will go with Nr.3 aswell very soon. Im not intrested in big scale 70+ raids.
    Weebles likes this.
  15. uk6999 Augur

They should really look at resist checks if they are pushing for a huge challenge like this. I know I can run 350-400MR and still eat a fear or two on an unlucky fight. I can stack past 330 posion on Trak and still get hit the the AE occasionally. The resist checks seem way to high for me. Anyone else notice this or am I just forgetting to much from 2000?
  16. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Doesn't seem too bad.

Looks like Classic and Kunark mobs will get the following:
    Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 25%
    Slot 2: Decrease All Resists by 40

Velious gets this:
    Slot 1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 15%
    Slot 2: Decrease All Resists by 20

Might be different on test, there's 10 levels of both Mitigation and Presence now (probably for future expansions)
  17. Weebles Augur

A lot of people feel this way, we just need to speak up (either on forums or with our wallets).
  18. uk6999 Augur

I for one could accept that. My fear is that they will go over kill and make the encounters to hard ( see veilous regen ). Instead of slowing making increases and tweaking the mobs it seems to be the norm to make things either impossible or almost impossible then bring it back down.
  19. Weverley Augur

I wouldn't expect that MoTM to exist much at PoP or later so i'm on a waiting and see what happen before jumping the fence
  20. yerm Augur

MOTM has to continue into 65 content because of the pickzones and instancing that will be necessary. I would expect every pre-time god to get a slight buff - something like 5-10% except mage pets which stay gimped - just given current trends. I assume txevu zun will have the buff, and either him or tunat will be the last MOTM'd mob they do.

A case could certainly be made for having Vule instanced being important, and there's grounds to want things like RSS named and the POR open world instanced, but personally my hunch is they'll just stop after level 65.