Test Update 4/13/16 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Kethir, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Apoc Augur

I never liked mana burn in the first place wizards shouldn't be the best adps in the game lol. Wizards already got a nerf with ad and fd counters being cut in half and not affecting procs. Mana burn basically just hid the nerf. I would say wither and Decay kill the wrong one two times and then kill the right one just got harder by ten fold
  2. Amazing New Member

Anything regarding adding an AOC for Howling Stones / Drusella Sathir?
  3. ShadowMan Augur

Since the manaburn proc damage is now fixed, which was the main issue for necromancers and dots, can it be set to work from dots again?
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

First, thank you for fixing/improving so many issues that were tied/stemmed from issue tracker items! Secondly, its awesome that on one of them you noted that in the patch notes, and we'd love to see more of that in the future!! :)
    Prathun and Fanra like this.
  5. Eanelder Augur

Will this effect the Magician's "of Many" line of spells?

These spells have the ability to cast many nukes from 1 cast, but the number of nukes is dependent on how many pets are attacking your target.

So if any of the individual nukes "fail due to the requirement check" of X pets on aggro, will the mage get a message? Will it it be 1 message, or 1 message for each nuke that failed due to the requirement check?

Personally, I don't think id mind the spam if I can create an audio trigger to let me know if its hitting for max potential or not.

What happens in the case where I currently have the existing rank 1 and the existing rank 2 AA currently purchased? Will you be refunding all these AA's first or will we be losing those?

I have hotkeys that automatically re-purchase these Glyphs on use ( /alt buy ###). Will this change effect the existing ###?
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  6. Tiqou Elder

I) These different group of dot are not player independant.
    If an other enc is casting the same dot, the one on the mob is overwritten.
    For exemple you can have only one Mind Storm running on the same mob even with different enc casting it. (tested with the 3 groups)

II) The Dots with DD are not triggering Chromatic Haze (tested), nor probably the passive haze (not tested).
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Seriously, who demanded this? It's annoying, item icons should be consistent with what the item is not what purely aesthetic thing was dumped on top of it. QQ =/
  8. Garanle Elder

Two questions, I apologize if i am completely out of the loop but would like some clarification from the devs.

Sev on the Phinny progression server hits, melee, for 2x what his per round cap is on live (If you use Zam or eq1999 as the benchmark). I my tank (decently raid geared) he will hit for 1250 per shot in a round every now an then, not often and not with defensive. Would that now mean his poison AOE hits for double?

for VS is his proc going up from 1500 per hit to 3000 per hit, he looked like he was hitting double as well ?
  9. Prathun Developer

No, not for this update. To clarify, the team feels that the best and cleanest way to handle Drusella Sathir's spawn would be to create an Agent of Change instance for her, but there is no ETA on when this could be added.

10. Prathun Developer

The spell damage taken % increase on Presence of the Mighty is comparable to the increase in the boss's max hit, not their DPS. Look at the Presence of the Mighty spells in the spells_us file. We'll see if we can clarify that language in the patch message.
  11. dwish Augur

This basically sounds like they wanted to nerf the weapon for the classes with a forced proc ability (beast lords, Rangers, bards). Now even when using the forced proc ability you will only be proccing one "real" pet every 4 seconds. Beast lord bloodlust lasts about 40 seconds so only 10 "real" pets will be procced now after the nerf with the proc ability going. Fairly large nerf to the classes with a proc ability, but rather minor in all other circumstances.
  12. Darubious New Member

I know that the new dot changes require some tweaking, but just curious if these changes will be made to necromancers in the near future? I assume you guys are working on balancing them out by using classes with weaker dot lines as a template and/or for testing? I also assume that necromancers will be the last on the list due to the intensity of our dot lines and the potential imbalance it could produce? Any information regarding this would set quite a few raiding necromancers at ease.
  13. mackal Augur

They said in the preview thread that they will roll out similar changes to the rest of the classes over the coming months. I would assume NEC would be done last since they would need the most care.
  14. Miss Shortcake Elder

So you're saying we should be waiting until a date when her drops aren't even relevant anymore anyway? Because it's rapidly approaching that point.
  15. Axxius Augur

That's why I asked.

Dzarn? Prathun? What exactly does SPA 484 do? Is it crittable, focusable, or did you finally implement an SPA that is really not affected by anything at all and always adds the same exact amount?
  16. Kaliko Augur

Apparently his guild must be filled with extremely low sustained dps'ers or doing it wrong lol. That chieve is nothing with a mid tier guilds dps and no manaburns on top of them being lowered 10% hp now.
  17. Dzarn Developer

Modifies incoming spell damage by Base1 points. Applies post-crit for both instant damage and DoTs.
    Differs from 297 which applies pre-crit to both instant damage and DoTs.
    Sirene_Fippy and Axxius like this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Agreed!

First I heard about this request, where was it requested?
    Anyway to keep the original icon, other than not putting ornamentations in?

I was planning on getting HF on a couple of alts but not with his change.
    Xeladom and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will this stop the initial MB damage landing for less if burn stuff is running?
  20. Axxius Augur

Landing for less? I don't think I've seen it land for anything other than 2400000, unless the target has less than 9.6 mil hp. There was an issue with this damage not being visible to anybody but the caster for some time, which is getting fixed now.
    Thank you for explaining.
    Sancus likes this.