Krono Rumors

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Aghinem Augur

I have been hearing some rumors and maybe some of you can shed some light...

The prices of krono seem to be skyrocketing because DBG intends on making Krono notrade/nodrop.

Is there any truth to this or is this just a scare tactic people are using to drive krono prices up?
  2. GrandOpener Elder

I don't have any insider info, but being tradeable is literally the whole point of krono. Someone is pulling your chain.
    Agrippa, Quatr and shik like this.
  3. shik Elder

Why would someone pay 17.99 instead of the 14.99 for one month or 12.99 for 3 months?
    Quatr, Warpeace and Enkel like this.
  4. shadowgod Augur

It would be like WOWs version of a krono you buy it and once you sell/trade it once its no trade.
  5. Aghinem Augur

Well, that was my question because your logic makes 100% sense. The person said a lot of folk were talking about how the kronos have messed up the TLP servers and the overall economy on a lot of other servers so they (DBG) were intending on making it notrade/nodrop or something to that effect, which is why the prices are going up very high ( similar to the xp pot situation on FV ).
  6. Flutegirl Journeyman

It's doubtful from a legal standpoint. The best they could do is to no longer sell Krono and introduce another Token that is not tradable/ or one time trade.

And if they did that, then Krono prices (in plat) would actually come down.
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

The reason they skyrocketed was because there was a dupe in EQ2 involving kronos and about 2,000 or more were removed from circulation.

This is of course only what I heard, but I was able to google and find posts on EQ2 forums backing up the statement and it sounds all around more logical than they're going to be made No Trade (which would make no sense and would be a giant financial hit to daybreak)
  8. Kolani Augur

No drop Krono is a frequent rumor and fantasy originating from the fine folks on the TLP servers who haven't played since 2001 and have no idea what they're talking about.
  9. Viper1 Augur

This sounds like a late night "invest your money in gold" advertisement scam
    Nolrog likes this.
  10. Minato Augur

just people being greedy, after checking out phinny and people offering items for 10+ krono the whole things just out of control
  11. Gumby Augur

Really they should become No Trade after they are traded one time in order to keep the game economy inline on the TLP servers, but that will never happen.

Someone is just trolling you to try and inflate the Krono prices even higher.
  12. Nolrog Augur

Internet rumors aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

This is almost certainly a case where someone (perhaps even you) wants them to be no-drop and starts a false rumor to see if it gains traction and puts pressure on DBG to then make the rumor come true.
  13. Hellboy007 Augur

regardless if its true.. krono prices are just nutz.. i suppose not long they will no longer be on /baz and move to the black market.
  14. Aghinem Augur

They are nuts. They are between 1.7-2m plat on FV server right now. So I started asking why the market was changing so much, who is manipulating this - and Curar was telling me that he heard from another player that they could become notrade/nodrop - I grew concerned and wanted to raise issue because I thought we were going to be undergoing another stealth change similar to the ceremonial scholarships. So what better place to ask than the boards?

AlmarsGuides response made perfect sense, and I appreciate the reply.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No-trade after the 1st trade would be hilarious to see, would pretty much "force" people to dump krono before the change happens or be stuck with decades of playtime that can't be sold on the open market.
    Agrippa, Elricvonclief and Rhodz like this.
  16. Laronk Augur

It has nothing to do with greed, it's just supply and demand.

You can go farm that item and sell it for 1 krono if you want, and if the item was not limited in supply everyone would do it and it's value would go down. But the supply is limited and people are willing to pay 10 krono for the item.

Aghinem, you know that Curar is a troll.
    Hiladdar and Nolrog like this.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Ah but you are forgetting their little get out of jail card in the EULA that basically says they may change anything they wish at any time for any reason.
    Fine print and all that...
    Which BTW makes any promise or sales pitch in this case utterly meaningless I might add. All they need do is show there was no malicious intent and there is no legal in this if it even came to that.
  18. Rhodz Augur

Not sure if you have noticed but EVERYTHING on FV has inflated lately. I can only assume from what I see elsewhere it is no special case. People warned us about this situation and well may be here now.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. Kearstin Elder

https://www.everquest.com/krono

When used, this magical Krono adds 30 days membership time to the account of the
    consuming character. This Krono can be used only once.
    • Adds 30 days of game time to the account of the consuming character
    • Fully tradable and saleable
    • No expiration date
    existing krono will remain tradable and saleable for legal reasons

if you want to start a realistic rumor go with "dgb will stop selling krono and begin selling norko which will become no trade if moved from one account to another"
    Nolrog likes this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'll save you the trouble...

You hereby agree not to assert and/or bring any cause of action, claim and/or suit against Daybreak, our affiliates, and/or our licensors and suppliers arising out of and/or related to (a) any claim that you own any Virtual Currency, digital downloads, or Virtual Items, (b) any claim for the "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items, (c) any claim for the loss of any "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items arising out of and/or related to any acts or omissions of Daybreak, our affiliates, our service providers, and/or our licensors and suppliers which is/are permitted under the Daybreak Terms of Service and/or any other Daybreak policy, and/or (d) any claim that the "value" of any Virtual Currency, game cards, digital downloads, or Virtual Items has diminished in value as a result of any modification that Daybreak, our affiliates, our service providers, and/or our licensors made to any Daybreak Game(s) or Daybreak Game(s) related services.