Spam Filter broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kaliko, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Kaliko Augur

Is the spam filter broken for any other servers? alot of people are flagged as spam for simply saying rez plz, etc.
  2. Tevik Augur

Saw a lot of this on Povar tonight.
    Faerie likes this.
  3. Iila Augur

The beta server spam problems are leaking.
    Faerie likes this.
  4. Jaszmin New Member

I had spam issues today on Xegony.
  5. Draig Journeyman

Definite spam filter issues.

Dear Daybreak,
    I would prefer being able to send tells and chat reliably 1000000x more than not seeing plat seller spam that is pretty much nonexistant at this point. Thank you.
    Quatr and Faerie like this.
  6. Viltaire Augur

This was happening on the Rathe has well.
  7. Vrinda Augur

Is there a way to turn off the spam filter?
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-bugs-03-23-16.231640/page-3#post-3421508

9. Bigstomp Augur

Great advice, if it actually solved the issue.
  10. Dibab Augur

it hasnt its been 24 hours its still happening
  11. Vrinda Augur

In the middle of a conversation with a new guildie, suddenly all my messages were being marked spam. Logged out of the game completely, then back in with no change. Still marked spam. When I toggled the Spam chat filter between Hide and Show, suddenly tells began working again. I don't know if that will help anyone else, but it's worth a try.
  12. MrMajestykx Augur

there is alot of it going on, on Povar had two guildies that couldnt reply to any of my tells or send me tells
  13. Ribeye Journeyman

Many people who are simply trying to chat are showing as "Soandso uchats: (SPAM)" and then you click the Spam and what they were trying to say shows up in a separate window. I told them to log out but i don't think they heard me.
  14. Faerie Journeyman

This should be a top priority to fix. New players don't know why nobody is answering them. At least put in the MOTD that people should turn off their spam filters so they can see these unfortunate people.
  15. Faerie Journeyman

In your filter options when you hit I.
  16. Dibab Augur

so its been over 36 hours since the "24 hours" where the rest of this should have resolved....fixing this should really be top priority as the social aspect of EQ is a big reason many play it. making communication very difficult or impossible negates that social aspect.... could we get some word on this?
    Quatr likes this.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Under Chat I see:

Spam - and the choice of Show or Hide. Which is a clear as mud what it means. I have it set for Show and I get messages with (SPAM) in them. So it is actually hiding the spam from me.

So if I pick Hide, it will show me the spam? :confused:
  18. Iila Augur

If you pick Hide, it never shows the (SPAM) link to expand the text.
    Faerie likes this.
  19. Faerie Journeyman

Even though I have it set to "Show," people still get a message that their tell did not go through. So they repeat it and really DO end up spamming.

Can we get an ETA on this being fixed? :mad:
    Quatr likes this.
  20. Tevik Augur

I'll be honest, the way it's presented, I thought choosing "Hide" would just straight up block anything that the game thought was SPAM.