Which is Best HSta or HAgi for Enchanter

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Psyran, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Psyran Journeyman

Hey everyone, I recently dinged 105 and now I am getting remnents and buying TBM augs for my enchanter. I have been speaking to some very good enchanters on my server and I am getting a variety of opinions about which H-stat is best. Some say that you need to go HAgil so that you have a high AC and you don't get hit as often. Some say HSta because AC and Agility is only taken into consideration once a mob has chewed through your runes. They say go HSta because you get more HP to survive once a mob has chewed through your runes.

So now I am taking it to the forums because I don't want to waste my remnents and I want to use what seems to be the most logical. If you are replying to this post, don't just say one way or the other because I have had a lot of that already in game. Can you provide evidence to support why you chose one over the other. Thanks everyone.
  2. Deathforall_AB New Member

A good way to find out is go to magelo and check out some of the top serverwide chanters and see what they use, then u should have a general idea of whats best.
  3. Xikteny Augur

The top serverwide enchanters will be using whatever you choose to sort them by. If you roll with the default sorting, they will be using mana augs.

This is not a useful way to determine what you should use. You can't sort by "top enchanters."
    Brohg and RPoo like this.
  4. RPoo Augur

Most go either full Hagi or full Hint or a combo of both but whatever way you go, the HPs for the top chanters are max averaging in the 140k range even for the high Hsta chanters. At least with Hagi there's more than just extra HP, there's extra avoidance/dodge and extra ac. At least with Hint there's extra mana and mana regen because that's what a chanter really needs is more mana because we don't have enough mana return abilities (sarcasm).
    Sindaiann likes this.
  5. Blurred_Memories Augur

you could sort by achievement points!

I'm at least 50% certain that the game determines if you've actually been hit before it applies damage, which would suggest ac and hAgi are still useful even if you have runes on.

I prefer hAgi (and ac) because I believe not getting hit at all is the ideal scenario. Getting hit for less, when you do get hit, is the second best scenario. Also, in my opinion, extra hit points are good for one hit, then they're gone. The chance to not get hit and chance to take less damage is there for every swing.

Just remember, if all else fails, you could always ask maxxbuff.

~blurred
    Sindaiann and RPoo like this.
  6. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

There's an older thread about this you might like to read: Enchanter: HP/AC/hSTA/hAGI

Here's a picture of some different gear scenarios for ENC from November:

[IMG]

If you stack the type 5 HSTA augs only (3rd row vs 2nd row), you gain ~5000 HP
    If you stack the type 9 HP augs and HSTA augs you gain ~25000 HP
    If you stack type 5 HAGI augs you gain 340 HAGI (theoretically 13% extra Dodge and ~3% extra Missed)
    If you stack the type 9 spell damage augs you gain ~600 spell damage (vs other TBM sets). IMO this is significant.

Dodge, Miss, and AC are taken into account before runes are checked - so they do matter in a way - they help your runes last longer.
    Once a mob has chewed through your runes, 25k HP will help, but personally I prefer the AC, Dodge, Miss bonuses instead of 25k HP. The significance of HSTA augs on their own (5k HP) is not a very good bonus - I think if you want to go the HP route, you need the type 9's for HP as well.

My ENC has mostly the AC/HAGI augs, if I were to redo all her gear now, I think I would go for the spell damage type 9's and HAGI. ENC has a lot of variety on stat choices and I think that's good. You can't go wrong with any of them, just make the choice knowingly.
    Spellfire, RPoo and Sheex like this.
  7. RPoo Augur

I just dunno about that SD. I have 270 less than the chanter with the top SD and consistently beat her in the parses.
  8. Apoc Augur

For Raiding I would go with HSta and for Grouping probably HAgi. The DD's or dots will probably be what kills you before a mob smacking you in today's raids. (Unless you have a really good healer) I do like having AC + sta augs wherever I can find them on my enc.
  9. Forcallen Augur

The displayed AC you gain from hagi is not really AC. So hagi does not add AC but simply boosts your ability to dodge.

Dzarn Splaning
  10. mackal Augur

umm... what are you reading? Dzarn uses 'Functional Agility' in both the 'computed defense' and 'AC sum' functions ...

So this means hAgi affects your ability to be missed as well as your mitigation (lower DI rolls) as well as dodge.

Unless I'm reading Dzarn's definition wrong and every spot he uses that term incorrectly, you are wrong.
  11. Sindaiann Augur

The difference between 1000 SD and 1200SD is like 300k damage over a fight like Wither and Decay. Hardly worth stacking SD augs for the minimal difference especially if you look at where Enc are SD wise in full TBM gear.

Wrong. As it has been stated previously hSTA would only give you the benefit of pure HP increase and once those HP are gone the benefit is gone.

hAGI gives you the benefit of getting hit less often which far out gains any pure HP you would gain from stacking hSTA.

Blurred said it the best above. One thing that no one has mentioned that further supports a raiding enc using hAGI is the Heroic Strike thru that raid mobs actually have. This value compared to group content easily makes the decision hAGI just for the pure fact of trying to miss those attacks all together.

In events like Akkapan this is easily shown. Having 25k more HP is useless when you sit at 170k+ raid buffed and nearly full TBM gear, especially when mobs can be hitting for 25k to 52k depending on a bad round. The ability to miss this damage completely remains where as once you get smacked and your extra 25k is gone, it means jack crap.

In the end stack hAGI as high as you can and get the best combo of highest AC augs you can as well. Lots of similar builds to this is the top 10 serverwide.

PS - using hINT is useless. All you do by doing this is fluff your mana pool which you don't need to do. On Wither and Decay I can full burn from engage to event completion and never drop below 90% mana. From Gather Mana, 2nd spire, BP and horn clicks, mana rod, mind crystal (summoned before event start) and mind storm there should be no way you need the extra mana. You would need to die like 4 times on one event and blow all those methods to recoup mana and even then, all you need is about a minute and you will have substantial mana back again if you know what you are doing. Besides that extra mana pool you don't need will not help you stay alive any better lol.
    KaoK and RPoo like this.
  12. Apoc Augur

To each their own it depends if you have good tanking also. Every player will play differently.I've died more from lack of hp on dds or dots then being hit.
  13. Silentchaos Augur

Xalteny #1 enchanter in our hearts.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

I hardly ever die anymore. It's kind of depressing like Arx was. Going months without a death (anniversary helped alleviate that issue for a day).

Not sure how you are dying from dds and dots in TBM to be honest.

Living Death - easily cured

Curse of Health - supposed to take damage from initial DD and not cause Curse to mature. If explosions are occurring and killing people, healers need to pay attention better and understand how it works. 4 People called need to run or insta gate out. Either way this shouldn't be killing you.

Breath of Dartain - easily avoided unless it faces South while you are killing a coffin then it can hit you upstairs, or if its facing east when you come down. Either way your healer should have no issues keeping your group alive through this.

Pyroignition - Heal thru this, its weak (if you even get it).

Pulsing Fumes - Just have to move 50ft to remove it, strafe left, then right. Boom gone.

Death Strike - Again weak, just don't stand on top of the raid and eat it or else you DD people around you.

Poison Blast - Lol this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Rotting Flesh - easily cured with a cure all macro using Potions/Cleansing Rod/Shield of the Immaculate, as well as your healer should be curing this every time they can. Again should not be an issue

Mortal Decay - shouldn't ever be hit with this

Aura Doom - easily avoided. If Explosions are occurring and killing people then you really need to revisit this mechanic

This is assuming you are referring to TBM content, either way all this stuff shouldn't be killing you unless you have people that don't understand the mechanic and cause an issue. That or your healers are weak.

It's more probable than not that its just a few people or so that don't understand how these things work that may potentially be causing an issues or deaths associated with them. I was in no way insinuating you did not understand, just pointing out this stuff is weak.
  15. Conandx New Member

Get as much herroic agility as possible. Nothing else matters. Get the highest AC aug you have in your secondary and stock up on herroic agility in all your other slots.