Lockjaw vs Ragefire vs Phinny numbers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iyvy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Iyvy Augur

It's Saturday at 2 pm EST! Time for some class number checks for different servers.

This goes by chat channels.
    .....................Phinny............................Ragefire...............Lockjaw............Ratio vs Phinny (RF....LJ)
    Enchanter.........162....................................55.......................21.....................34%....13%
    Mage................103...................................56.......................50.....................54%....49%
    Necro...............102...................................29.........................5.....................28%....5%
    Wizard................68...................................54.........................9.....................79%....13%

Cleric................134...................................62.......................26.....................46%....19%
    Druid.................162...................................71.......................36.....................44%....22%
    Shaman............106...................................40.......................26.....................38%....25%

War....................59....................................34.......................24.....................58%....41%
    SK.....................79...................................23..........................6.....................29%....8%
    Pal.....................28...................................21........................12.....................75%....43%

Rogue.................40...................................24.......................13.....................60%....33%
    Bard....................73...................................49.......................26.....................67%....36%
    Monk...................94...................................47.......................18.....................50%....19%
    Ranger................53.....................................8........................12.....................15%....23%

Total.................1263................................573.....................284.......................45%....24%

Discuss.
    Aneia and Machen like this.
  2. Machen New Member

What the??!
    Vaclav likes this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

I wouldn't have guessed Druid was as popular as you're showing on Phin.
  4. Kiani Augur

Lots of people level box druids as port bots, or powerlevel bots. I'm sure that's true of phinny too.
  5. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

*DISCLAIMER* I play on LJ and know it is the lowest pop of the 3.

That being said, I don't think your "experiment" is an inaccurate way to find numbers. I 6 box and none of my toons auto join public channels. Same can be said for many of my guild mates.

I think the best way to gauge the pop is go to the EQ homepage and look at the graphic. Several nights of the week during "prime time" LJ registers the same pop as Vulak. I assume it gives the single "bar" for like 1-299 players, ticks up 300-599, and so on.
    Xanadas likes this.
  6. Trevalon Augur

Interesting info, so Phinny, with its box limit is *nearly* twice as big as LJ/RF combined (I guess 15% isn't really "nearly" but its fairly close).

Guess we can say LJ is truly a dead server, and RF isn't much further behind...
  7. Trevalon Augur

For the very low population numbers of these servers, its a pretty decent sample size...His method's are certainly not perfect, but I bet they are pretty dang close.
  8. Machen New Member

No reason to think that people would be any more or less likely to opt out of public channels on Phinny compared to LJ. It's not a perfect metric (maybe 1 server has more toxic general chat than the other so people are more likely to opt out) but it is a better way to compare than the home page pop bars.

The homepage bars are not really an accurate way to compare at all, because just because you are showing full on the bar does not mean you are at the same population level as Phinny when it is also showing full. If full is anything over say 600 toons logged in, LJ could be at 600 and show full while Phinny is at 2500 and also show full. Likewise if you are showing the same population as Vulak, you could have 299 people logged in to their 3 people logged in and both show 1 bar.
  9. Korillo Augur

Ask and you shall receive. As of 3:15pm est on Saturday.
    [IMG]

So ya Lockjaw is behind just about every live server
  10. Machen New Member

Kinda weird to see most of the US servers have higher pop than Antonius Bayle during Euro prime time. I guess it isn't doing too well these days?
  11. VatasticDr00d Lorekeeper

Not surprised by this. DBG has had several chances to inject life into LJ or abandon it and have opted instead for a slow death. They could have done an early Velious vote or allowed free server xfers to RF. Instead they chose to ignore all of the remaining citizens of LJ.

It's kinda comical to me how blatant they are about the lack of care about LJ. Phinny players start a thread & are met with dev responses and adjustments. RF players start a thread and are responded to. LJ players start a thread and it gets locked or deleted and user banned.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  12. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Just transfer to RF? Honestly at this point what's comical is people staying aboard a sinking ship while yelling to everyone who will listen that it is not sinking.
    Seraphim and Sinzz like this.
  13. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

If you know anyone about to start maining a Druid, direct them to me, I'll dissuade them.
  14. Sinzz Augur

I rolled druid on phinny got him to 51 kunark opened couldn't find a group for anything and that was that. I was also in a good guild so that wasn't the problem , problem was folks would rather there box druid be in the group then a main and as soon as I figured it out that was the end for me.
    I would have just leveled him myself outside of groups soloing however we all know most quad kiting spots have been nerfed and well it isn't what I wanted to do anyways.
  15. EQForumAcct Augur

a LOT of people don't join those general channels (unchecking the glorious box in options). So the counts, I'd imagine, are off by a lot. I'd also guess that the ratios aren't that far off.
  16. Ducreux Augur

There's no reason to believe that the percentage of people who don't join the general channels is higher on RF/LJ than on Phinny. The fact that your 5 boxes aren't being counted because you don't join channels on them is also moot as tons of boxes doesn't really equate to a healthy population.
  17. Histamine Journeyman

OP's last line: Discuss.

I'll bite. What was the purpose of the thread? What discussion did you wish to have? To me it feels a little "trollish". If there was an argument to be had, an opinion to share, etc. then that's one thing, but to throw out some stats and say "Discuss"....in my opin is not constructive.
  18. Iyvy Augur

I compiled some data for a discussion. Things you could discuss:

Why are necros so low on Lockjaw? Are they simply not a popular box group class (due to mages being a better option). Do you think that Lockjaw and RF will decrease in size slowly together or will LJ players switch to RF soon. What does this tell you about about box groups? Comparing the relative ratios of LJ and RF

You know, discussion.
  19. Raejin Lorekeeper

FI crushed the competition so hard they all fell into a different server. Heavy handed ways single handedly ran what? 4-5 guilds right off the server.
  20. Bewts Augur

Taking a Lockjaw population check 5 months into Kunark is probably not a very realistic measure of the server's health. Many people got their items of retirement until Velious launches and are on break or MIA until then. Killing Trak 400 times isn't exactly exciting business, and the loot diversity in VP is meh with so much trash loot in the tables not being an upgrade for anyone with epics.

I mean when every mob drops 2-4 weapons that are inferior to epics, you're really subject to farming rare drops in a poorly itemized raid zone.

In fact, this was one reason (or many) why FI pushed so hard to get Velious early, a dwindling population needs something to do besides farm be it in a raid or group setting to generate interest in the server again. Waiting 2.5 more months for Velious can cripple the health of the server.

Everyone knows it, everyone admits it.

Except DBG who has (had) the power to do something about it and chose other priorities.