Current XP Rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Balorf, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Trevalon Augur

Actually I, who have been campaigning for faster exp since the day this server launched, have said numerous times over how fast the EXP SHOULD be.

it SHOULD be the same as LJ/RF and it SHOULD have been like that since day one. No one griped about the exp rate on LJ/RF because it was similar to what previous TLP servers had been and what people expected - just like Phinny SHOULD have been.

So there is your answer, the EXP rate on Phinny SHOULD be the same as LJ/RF (which is actually like the 5th time I have said this in this thread alone btw, read posts man before throwing out "No one has ever..." posts).
  2. Dyzalot Augur

To some extent I have seen that problem as well so far. Had a good group last night at the Sarnak fort in LOIO getting good XP and we struggled to get replacements for when people had to log. Saw quite a few even that we offered groups to who declined because they wanted Unrest or Guk that were still looking for one a couple of hours later. I don't get why Unrest -> Guk is the only option for some people.
  3. Argosh Augur

I have to agree with you on this point. I made a post about this when I heard they were nerfing exp in outside zones like Burning Woods. All it does is make people not play there. Zones are empty except for the few who might be collecting quest items. I remember back in the day when Dreadlands had several groups fighting near KC. Now days, there is no one and they're adding more zones to this list. Why make zones undesirable? It makes little sense to me.
  4. Numiko Augur

Generally the exp "per kill" will be higher in a dungeon zone like Guk or Unrest. but the respawn is often slower so there is a bit of a saw off... but its the perception that you are getting better exp in dungeons that draw people there.
  5. Nicorus Elder

It isn't just perception, it is reality. The xp in the good dungeon is far better than it is in those open world zones. Sure there are mitigating factors, like one group may be better than the other and make up for some of the gap, or the dungeon may be overcrowded and pulls are slow. But in general if you take a good OT group and move it to lguk, they will get about 50% faster xp.

Some zones are unjustly ignored despite being decent zones, but not the open world ones like loio and OT, and now BW, they are ignored because they are bad xp.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Been answered more times than anyone cares to mention. High enough that threads like these vanish sans admin help. In short what was expected before launch as no one sees any RF/LJ xp threads do they?

How that for rocket science brainiacs.
  7. Weverley Augur

No question about that i went in overthere in the low 30s killing cockatrice and rhina and some sarnak and the xp was very slow compare to lower guk.2 or 3 times faster to level in lower guk then overthere.Samething in low 20s i went to giant fort and xp was very slow compare to unrest.
  8. Sinzz Augur

I wish they would just stick to con system if it is light blue it gives this % exp period zemz kill zones imho folks just wont go there and eventually quit cause they cant play in zones they enjoy without feeling slighted so go and find another game.
    it just seems like anymore they are trying to push exp potion sales but screw that they don't even equal out to what exp should be, cant wait to see how folks feel when they getting 1 % exp per 5 mobs for aa lol
  9. Rhodz Augur

Well considering AA was introduced to give people even more reason to grind they must think it is a good thing.
    Let's just forget the major reason people gave all those years ago for leaving, some who had played for years at that point, was the boring arsed grinding. Wasn't just EQ either and the best games since always attempt to lessen that NOT INCREASE IT.
  10. Nicorus Elder

The ZEM is so that the harder zones give better xp, it would be kinda dumb if you got the same amount of XP in Lguk spliting rooms of 4+, where you need either twinks or a well balanced group, as you did in OT pulling non agro plants and single pulls to a completely 100% safe zone-line.

Plus the high ZEM zones have the benefit of grouping up the population, come velious there are gonna be alot of grp zones, it will be tough to find a group if there are 10 people spread across 10 zones.

Now I do think they should do rotating hotzone dungeons for the TLP dungeons to give us some changes of pace, put a translocator NPC in commons who can TL to near a few different hotzone dungeons and rotate them with each months patch.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Sinzz Augur

thing is folks dont go to the outdoor zones they go where greatest exp is for most part.
    so if they dont make it worthwhile and equal to go all places exp wise folks will just never utilize the outdoor zones, i mean indoor zones already have incentive by the drops dont think exp needs to be part of that as well .tired of the exp being used as a carrot.
  12. Sinzz Augur

before i knew hikeep was better exp then the sk spires/birdhouse we had a blast camping those two areas back in the day , but now knowing what everyone else knows the zones are empty
  13. Aaramis Augur

I'd be strongly tempted to switch to Phinny, but the XP is my main turn off. It's WAY too low, and I don't want to spend the next several months (perhaps longer) to reach cap, especially when I've already done it once before back when EQ was first around...

I get the whole "this is an MMO, so you should group up if you want xp" thing. I really, do.
    Problem is, many of us don't always have TIME to play the group searching game, and if I only have 30min here, an hour there, or so on, I don't want to waste 90% of that time LFG, only to bail shortly after. Sometimes it's just nice to solo. Or at least have the option.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. Dyzalot Augur

Now that I've made 50+ I'm going to make one more comment on the XP. I think the rate is fine but the disparity between dungeons of the same level range is awful. There is no reason why CoM XP is twice as good as KC XP which is three times as good as Solb XP. I think that is the problem as it "forces" everyone into the same zones. I would love the choice to XP in some of the other zones but it is difficult to get people to go there because the XP rate is so bad compared to the favored dungeons.
  15. Argosh Augur

I am ok with the idea of dungeons giving higher XP but the difference between them and outside zones is so severe that hardly anybody uses outside zones anymore. It's ridiculous to have good zones full of mobs that should be used by people leveling up be literally empty because there is no reason to be there anymore.
  16. Dyzalot Augur

That is an issue but what is even worse are dungeons of the same level range with huge disparities in XP rate.
  17. Mashef_8013 Elder

XP is still terrible. Too many people will grind to about 45 and quit. They started on the right path by upping it a little bit. If they took the current rate, and added another 25 to 40% boost on top of it puts it at a little less exp then we saw during the 170% exp marathon.

That way when there is a bonus weekend it actually feels like a bonus not just the elimination of a penalty.

Wayyyy to many friends of mine don't want to slog through Kunark unless a bunch of 60s carry them. DBG is just costing themselves subs at this point. There are no more level raises until PoP so it really is senseless to keep the penalty in tact.

People change characters if they get bored, this keeps them interested in the game and playing longer. Attrition is winning whether the sub's have dropped or not, you can safely say they are not increasing and you can safely say that logins are way down when general, kunark and auction chats are no longer full on any given night at prime time. People aren't lining up to come back to the game, it is obvious as all low to mid level toons you run across have an out of group 60 box with them or are super twinks.
  18. Dyzalot Augur

Umm... every night the past week so far I have not been able to log into gen chat and last night couldn't log into kunark chat because they were full so I think the population is just fine. XP is fine, I leveled to 51 on a rogue in two weeks. Yes I play a lot because I am semi-retired but still a casual could have done it in 6 weeks at most. It took me a year back in 2001 when I started to get to that level and I was playing as much then as I do now.

What gets boring for me is being funneled into the CB to UR to Lguk to Com to Seb train. It would be nice to be able to use other dungeons to level but I can't get people to go because the XP isn't as good. I was actually looking forward to grouping in solb until I took a group there, we were doing LDC's and the XP was pathetic compared to Lguk or CoM.
  19. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

This is true. Casual players don't care about having hardcore players to look up to, but the stickier/more 'serious' players quit if they don't have enough 'sheep to shear' / enough casual players to lord their achievements over.
  20. uk6999 Augur

I am not complaining to much about xp rates however I will say I have no plans to make any alts on this server because of it. I am playing on live though as well. This is pretty much just a login and raid classic content server for me.