Class balance is getting out of hand.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chitum, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Arcainos Augur

Then roll an SK?

Why are you complaining about the ability of one class to effectively tank, as a Ranger?
    Also, the whole "someone told me about something, DBG FIX IT NOW" thing is wearing thin.

If you knew about some of the things other classes could do, including Warriors, and high end Rangers for that matter, you'd probably pass out.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If there's one thing the world needs, it's more John Oliver.

I needed a moist towelette for cleanup after he destroyed the Yankees the other day!
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  3. Enkel Augur

Many people parrot that sentiment. I think he's incredibly funny and talented, though I wish he was less bias; sadly, both sides of the media are like that these days (bias). Regardless, he's pretty funny, and the Daily Show, imo isn't very good anymore, so I'll watch Oliver to get my funny news, now.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

He's sooo much less biased than most of those shows like the Daily Show that I find it a lot more palatable. Slant is stil there it's just not as blatant/pious as with Stewart's version was. I actually really liked TDS when Oliver was the host - and now not so much, you're absolutely right sir.

Also, let's take a moment to recognize the large gaps in our hearts left by the ending of the Colbert Report. I especially miss his Spanish alter ego Senor Esteban Colberto and his Asian alter ego Ching Chong Ding Dong :(.
  5. Hellboy007 Augur

Raid and group linkages is so FUBR.

Raids need Warriors, Raids need clerics, well raids need it all really.

Grouping on the other hand needs little. some raid level classes just simply trivialize everything.

Like in grouping the needed classes dont exist. its just whatever goes. some classes in the group world have a ton of power while others are kinda along for the ride.

Poorly worded way of saying, yes, some classes are OP in group content. while others cant do nothing in comparison.

is what it is and its not going to change. it only really hurts raiding in the end because when people only want to play these dominate classes in group content the raid forces loose those needed classes.
  6. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Time (PoP as a whole, really) was fun for Knights.

I got to do something that wasnt auto-attacking somethings butt on more bosses per zone (on average) than I did in the entirety of End-game Luclin.

Our Paladins and SK's got to do something that involved the word 'Tank' in parts of 5 out of the 6 time phases, which was about half of what Warriors did, showing signs of actually moving towards some sort of Tank Parity in raids that seems to have more or less somewhat happened-ish after 90% of people stopped playing (which itself could be a reason for it!).
    Sheex likes this.
  7. Lonye Augur

They won't stop until a Rogue can Solo current content named.

I think they should just add a new class all together. Roguecromancer. Stab and Heal. Problem solved.
  8. Axxius Augur

I saw a Paladin outdps a Monk in a TBM raid boss burn. Just the other week. Knights are totally OP! :eek:
  9. Cicelee Augur

I saw a ranger last week live through all ten TBM raid events (not including Hate/Fear).

Every other class in the raid, IIRC, died at least once in those ten events.

Therefore, rangers are horrifically broken and totally over powered. I mean if you cannot count on one ranger dying once, how can you possibly say the class is balanced?!?!?
  10. shiftie Augur

This thread <3

Raiders soloing group content tell me more!
    KaoK likes this.
  11. Viltaire Augur

Just use ancestral recall :p
    Geri_Petrovna and Iila like this.
  12. Duhbeast Augur

I feel like we are in a better balance spot in comparison with mages/sk mass pulling.
  13. Aghinem Augur

Are you by chance going to contact the maker of your neighbor's car because it drives faster than yours on the highway?
  14. Riou EQResource

But that is because Monks are terrible still, not because Paladins are good :p
    Cicelee likes this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

My alt monk, of whom I have invested maybe 50 days into, struggles to make top ten parses.

Therefore I feel that the monk class is severely underpowered and needs immediate attention and love.
    Geri_Petrovna, Sheex and Riou like this.
  16. Hellboy007 Augur

tell that lazy ars monk that just cause you FD dont mean your dead and waiting for a rez..
  17. Mistatk Augur

Don't ever say my name knight lover.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

I knew I would find a mistake in the post at some point
  19. Derka Power Ranger

Keyword in OP was TBM. Have said person go back and try to molo a TDS T3 Named. Most TDS trash has the same HP as a TBM named so it's the expansion that is the problem, not classes.
  20. KaoK Lorekeeper

/gasp

You mean under-developed content that was poorly tested wound up being easier than an expansion that had more development time and people?!

I call SHENANIGANS.