Make 17th Raid Permanent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by beeroke, Apr 6, 2016.

1. beeroke New Member

Please make this raid permanent. It's bad enough the 17th anniversary has had basically nothing
    for the casuals and moderate players but the raid is a pain for smaller guilds. Ours is
    struggling with it and close to beating it, but the time we do maybe only a handful of our members
    will get anything.

I am not suggesting it be nerfed, just made permanent so even we who maybe not be the most
    hardcore of raiders have something to look forward to for quite some time.

In effect, making this year THE year of the 17th anniversary , Daybreaks FIRST anniversary
    celebration.

Not just an anniversary for big guilds best dkp'd/meritted members. With great loot.

And everyone else, well...you can buy the same bag or mount as every year.

Remember a few months from now if you let this raid expire and people complain about being
    bored with not enough content that it wasn't us who removed this raid.

Thank you Daybreak for keeping our game alive and ....

HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY! :)
    Brohg, Xanathol, RPoo and 6 others like this.
  2. Duhbeast Augur

I vote no. Keep it fairly exclusive. It's a really easy raid, you just have to work out the mechanics of it, the way raids should be. People will be looking forward to it coming back around next year, and that's pretty awesome.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Yes and next year or 2 when those augents are out dated this raid will be pointless to do. Why waste content when you can provide it for every guild to get current use able items. Not next year out dated junk...
    Xanathol and Fanra like this.
  4. Cury Elder

Did the DEVs ever fix the ability to buff block the detrimental effects of the encounter?
  5. Duhbeast Augur

Those augs are the best in the game. They are good for at least 2 years. The pet proc weap is kinda fun too. Yes the buff block was fixed after the first week.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

They did. You can still use some pretty cheesy strats to beat it, though, given the timed intervals of the mechanics.....
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

Yeah so by then it will be nearly pointless as we'll have new expansion full of stuff that will make 17th stuff less appealing.

Leave it in, just make the lockout longer.
  8. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I still don't understand why they didn't make war and 17th clameable augments like previous anniversary raids.
  9. Leex Pewpewer

Those of you who think the 17th anni augs will be dated in 2 years need to look at the augs you currently have on, I have an aug or two from RoF still, that's 4 expansions ago, the anni aug will easily stay the best aug in game for a long while, maybe in 2 years we'll have augs that are close or match certain stats, but I doubt in 2 years your going to find a better aug.

As for should it stay or go? Idc.
  10. Duhbeast Augur

wow, the black pearl has spoiled you rotten. How about separating the men from the boys? Do what it takes to obtain it or fogetaboutit. I agree it would have been nice to have a dumbed down version of the augs from the group portion of the boat, but to allow everyone to obtain the best aug in the game? No thanks. I feel like the loot is of higher value than the raid challenge, which is why the limited time makes up for the challenge to loot value ratio.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

You got yours, everyone else is a scrub? What if every BST got the weapon but you. You'd be singing a different tune. I'm sure you'll state otherwise.
  12. Roxxanna Augur

I vote stick the augs in the marketplace for $10, that should piss some people off.
    Agrippa, Elricvonclief and Viper1 like this.
  13. Duhbeast Augur

Yes, a different tune indeed. I would still be pleased with the 150/18 weapon ratio that TBM has to offer. The weap is more of a fun factor, but the augs are certainly top dog. If I didn't get either of those, I still respect the challenge to loot ratio bro.
  14. Metanis Bad Company

I think they should de-activate it right now. Those auggies are way over-powered. But they should periodically re-activate it for one day a month without telling anybody which day it will be.
  15. CaptAmazing Augur

I have an even better suggestion. If you're wearing even one piece of current raid gear your stats should be reduced by 30% in all zone but raid instances. Kind of like it is in Sul before you've done the progression.

It's too good for group zones.
  16. Klak Augur

I vote we shut down Everquest.

If no, then I vote we actually make Everquest challenging. Have the normal dumb down version of raids(guess anniv needs to be nerfed that has lesser stat gear) and the more heroic/hard mode version that only the best players will be able to beat. That way casuals can get something and the people who actually are good and want a challenge can get it as well. And/or a rating system based on dps that scales what tier of gear you get? I dunno

And no I have not gotten the augs, I log right after we beat the event. I dont care about loot or augs(can check out my magelo) or doing group content. All I want is fun/challenging raids.
    Tour likes this.
  17. Astral - TR Elder

Leave it in!

It's a great raid and adds some much needed content to this expansion.
  18. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

It is an anniversary raid the augs from it are going to be worth getting for several years to come.
    Imrahil, Elricvonclief and Viper1 like this.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

I would like it to stay permanent.

Limited current raid content atm.....
    Dibab and Xanathol like this.
  20. 31neelas New Member

I would like it to be temporary, as it was intended.

There's 2-3x more raid content with TBM than there was with TDS...
    Imrahil and Faerie like this.