Right and Left Eye of Sul

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Not all raiders are elitists, just so everyone knows. Without group players, there is no EQ. Something to think of in the future when a "filthy casual" calls us out for whining when clearly the Raiders have it way better in this game. Our broken gear was fixed, what about the group gear? Oh! Still broken.

They have earned their right to complain about The BROKEN Mirror released by Day BROKEN games.
  2. Maedhros High King

What exactly is broken about group gear? Unless you mean its dramatically overpowered? The group gear with slot 5 and 9's are on par and in some cases better than raid gear from COTF T2 and its very nearly as good as the raid gear from TDS! The charms work now... everything seems to be pretty freakin stellar for the group geared folks imo.
  3. Arcainos Augur

Not going to debate the state of group gear.

Given that raiders are going to be full geared for several months, adding the augs to the vendor will at least give folks a reason to show up to raids each week.
    Iila likes this.
  4. Makavien Augur

Opps thought I was in a different thread=P
  5. thedragon Elder

Agreed. The eyes should be put on the vendor, even if they are no-stat versions that allow you to create the mask.

As for the anniversary augs, I'm kinda neutral on that. If anything, I'd say extend the anniversary raid similar to PoWar.
  6. Thraine Augur

The mask (and sul augs) are top notch items. and there are only 52 weeks in a year so most guilds will only 50 to 60 sets, it kind of makes the mask a coveted item and creates drive for those players who wants the best stuff. putting the augs on the vender will just trivialize the mask.

And for the anniversary items, I kinda like the idea of limited time items, the people that put in the most effort get rewarded. It gives people a reason to show up to raids and keep their RA high.

Call me elitist but isn't this how EQ used to be? once you start spoon feeding everyone on every server every item in the game you've basicly just created another world of warcraft :( Thats the reason we all play EQ cause its not as homogenized as most other MMOs ... maybe we should try to keep it that way
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

Just replying to the anniversary part: yeah cause the elite are the only reason this game is here 17 years? Makes my blood boil when I saw a good times guild jumper get a coveted limited time item and the people that were there when stuff was kicking the guilds butt having to miss out because there's only so many times an item drops before it over.

Nothings spoon fed when RNG and higher difficulty combine to make poor planning and implementation the norm.
  8. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Maybe you should be asking yourself why you did not win the item over the guild jumper. We his dkp higher? Did he leave shortly after wining the item having said higher dkp? Does your guild award items based off a non dkp system. Whatever it is DGB has nothing to do with loot distribution so the only blood boiling you should have is towards your guild and the way they handle loot, yourself in not having that higher dkp, or the recruiter who took that player without first knowing his previous guild backround.
    As for the eyes I believe they should be available on the vendor.
    As for the 17th anniversary raid I'd love to see this permanent like plane of war.
    Maedhros likes this.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

While loot distribution systems are implemented by the player base, putting coveted items that have a limited shelf life on short duration events is solely on DBG.

I don't agree with dangling this carrot, calling it a celebration and then letting very few even get a glimpse.
  10. Thraine Augur

Ive read your post a bunch of times but i cant quite make sense of most of it. are you calling me a guild jumper here? Can you re-read what you posted and see if it makes sense to you please? cause to me it looks like a dictionary puked.
  11. CaptAmazing Augur

No, I was in no way referring to you. Are you saying some people consider you a guild jumper? Do you consider yourself the most worthy in your guild?
  12. Thraine Augur

No ive only been in 4 raiding guilds in 16 years, and no im not the "most worthy" of anything, Triton works like a team and we help each other to progress. i guess i was just having a hard time understanding the words you used in the order you used them in .. tbh i still have no idea what you were talking about
  13. mmofosho Lorekeeper

I say make the eyes 1500 apiece, and have the mask be de-constructible for when its obsolete, where the augs wouldn't be.
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

rather see the box that cost A THOUSAND coin reduced, thats nuts. Eyes are fine right where they are.
  15. MrMajestykx Augur

took some kind of time to do better then evolving helm and shoulders, highly doubt that mask is gonna be "obsolete" any time soon.
  16. Grummy_NB Augur

I think 680 each is fine, 1) that is still a lot of coins, 2) those who used the augs to make the mask can now get them to wear and DBG doesn't have to do anything to get the augs back and finally 3) this "lower" price is an apology to the player base for all those lost eyes because they couldn't figure out how to keep the body from poofing.
  17. Uuvin Augur

I am a 99% raider. I have 1300 currency extra and I am fully TBM geared. I have the dkp to buy the eyes from guild raids, I just haven't bothered yet. Not sure if I want the mask, so letting others get it since they do. getting 1000 extra currency in addition to full geared is just not as difficult or debilitating as others portray. Raid more, get more. I have 6 - 8 months farming ahead /yawn. by the end I will have an unknown number of thousands of extra currency. putting them on vendors now? no. period. even though whatever cost they might be, I could buy them and save my dkp, just no. If you change things late in the game its very unfair.
    Consider football - would you like the game if every touchdown in the 2nd half counted as 12? what about field goals in the last 5 minutes counting as 6? How about in Hockey, if after the all-star break, winning games started counting at 6, ties for 2. How about tripling it in the last 2 weeks? It would be a completely different game. Yes people would get used to it. But what if the change was not known by anyone until the game was in the 4th quarter? If your team was ahead you don't want it changed - its not fair. if you are behind you do want it changed so you may catch up quicker.
  18. Arcainos Augur

Respectfully, I don't think your analogy is really applicable here. The difference is that this is a game that is constantly changing, and introducing new items, concepts, quests, missions, currency, items, balance etc.

If, to use your example, the NFL changed the rules every season (parallel with expansions and the way this game works) and introduced a new point system, with updates every month, it would seem perfectly reasonable that adjustments would be made if they determined something was off.

This is EVERquest, with one of the main tenets being that it is ever changing, growing, and evolving. I don't see changes like this as a violation of game cycles, but rather a necessity.

Also, if you have 1300 extra coins, and will continue to raid until the next expansion, what else are you going to do with those coins...? At least last expansion you could buy ornaments to sell.
  19. Sarcogian Augur

Go away with your <3 breathe, you smelly logical thinker.
    Arcainos likes this.
  20. Arcainos Augur

Breath (noun):
    - the air that you take into your lungs and send out from your lungs when you breathe: air that is inhaled and exhaled in breathing

Breathe (verb):
    - to move air into and out of your lungs: to inhale and exhale
    Bahdah and Sarcogian like this.