Lack of 17th Anniversary Group content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Unless you want some ugly (in my opinion) armor ornaments by running the gnome race this year's anniversary events are somewhat lacking for group peeps... content and reward wise.

It's clear the dev team had next to no resources to put into the anniversary event so I propose they start reusing some older anniversary events. Go back and change some old group anniversary content to scaling content that you can add new rewards to each year. Something like a new aug or such. If resources are really as tight ans the 17th content seems to suggest then reusing or extending the usefulness of old anniversary content may be the way to go.

And since the 17th Anniversary was such an epic fail for group players maybe the devs can squeeze in a new group mission for the summer with an appropriate nice reward such as an aug. Just a suggestion.

Just an idea not trying to ram anything down anyone's throat. Probably thoughts for and against an idea like this. It's all cool. :)
  2. Arcainos Augur

3. Blurred_Memories Augur

they do and will continue to extend the use of older anniversary content. it just never starts concurrently with newest anniversary content... look for the older stuff to show up in a couple of weeks or so... can't remember the schedule but its around here somewhere.
  4. Coronay Augur

There is already tons of content and nice augs out there to get without having to beg for the devs to hand you a super easy one for nothing.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually no one is begging the devs for anything in the first place. In the second it IS TRADITIONAL for a decent aug of some sort to be part of the anniversary celebration generally from a mission.

You seem to be the one adding in super easy as a condition. Tricky very tricky!

Seems to me the only reference I made to difficulty of the task was scaling it as in "scale it to the appropriate level". Is that where you read in super easy? Of course you somehow got begging the devs out of it too so maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    Lily, Vrinda and Faerie like this.
  6. Gumby Augur

The whole thing could've been done easily by making the Ship mobs to kill a bit more grouper friendly and then place the Augs onto the achievement for killing them all.

The Raid would still be dropping a ton of the best gear around for Raiders and the Groupers would have something as well.

This isn't hard to figure out DBG. Poorly implementing content has become a scourge within the EQ development team.
    Yinla, Vrinda, beryon and 6 others like this.
  7. Coronay Augur

Wow you really honed in on the super easy. Take away the super easy my point still stands. Stop complaining and be happy we got a 17th anni in the first place.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm your whole point was the super easy part hard not to hone in on it. So lets take that away

You think its begging to suggest we receive an appropriately difficult task for a group aug each anniversary year as has been tradition for a long time.

And hard to be happy for 17th anniversary celebration that did nothing for the group game. That being said I am not crying about it either. I just figured the dev's didn't do anything because they didn't have the time and suggested some ways they could do something for future anniversary events that would be less work for them in theory.

Now we get to the complaining thing you added in. You love to add stuff that has nothing to do with the OP don't you? Pretty sure I said it was a suggestion. I didn't say anything negative about the devs, I acknowledged they are probably busy and you call it a complaint :)

Lets take your original post without all the hyperbole and see what we get...

Original
    "There is already tons of content and nice augs out there to get without having to beg for the devs to hand you a super easy one for nothing"

Without adding crap I didnt say

"There are all ready tons of content and augs out there without making reasonable suggestions to the devs as to ways they could add anniversary content that would reward group players with an augment after a mission of appropriate difficulty just like they have done the last several years."

And since there are already tons of content and augs out there no need add anymore to the game ever! (see what I did there?) :)
  9. Uuvin Augur

please, no more forced scaling missions. If you want to have scaling missions - do it like LDoN and DoDh were done - where you can choose the difficulty. When a task is too hard for my group one year, I would like to be able to do it next year when we get stronger. Not have the mission scale up and remain impossible. Tower of rot missions where trash hits 18 -20k just decimates some people. Give us the option to have them the same strength ( 12-14k hitters) as when it came out.
    Yinla, Vrinda and Shimmerleaf like this.
  10. Raptour_MT Elder

The aug should have been available to group players in some form or fashion. The anniversary should be a time to celebrate the players, to reward them for supporting this game for 17 years. This year felt like it was more of a middle finger to all the players not clearing this event every three days. The high dkp players of dedicated raid guilds get rewarded, for everyone else, well better luck next year.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I gotta say as one of those high attendance raid players in the game I think it's a silly trend to restart elite augs being locked out from group players. I really like the idea of the kill achievement yields the augs. You're really continuing to make poor design choices your players dislike, Daybreak.

Group players are celebrating the EQ 17th Anniversary by playing Black Dessert, Final Fantasy and Tera as no one plays WoW right now.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Completely agree. It would be nice to have more rewarding group options for the 17th anniversary. I didn't even bother with Hate's Fury because the commemorative coins hold no appeal.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Faerie Journeyman

I celebrated by finishing HOT.
  14. CaptAmazing Augur

The raid content stinks too. We're about to beat it this week. It's hard. Then maybe I'll get super lucky and get an aug. I truly am disheartened by what I perceive is another slight to us. Time after time it's a let down. The Fan Faire illusion timers, the $50 mount that turned out to be worse than the one in game, $200 Heros Forge , no real reward for groupers and a hard raid thats limited time only.

Seriously, I no longer wish to subsidize EQ beyond bare minimum requirements. They either don't care or can't fiscally provide reasons to continue to invest extra into this game.

Even the content we pay for has shrunk.

They needed goodwill and they failed.
    disgruntled and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  15. disgruntled Augur

"Goodwill" could be gained by un-banning everyone on Facebook and the forums.
  16. Leex Pewpewer

Hard raid? It's time consuming for sure, it's not hard by any means if your raid has any type of synergy. It's tank, bring down to certain %, stop, wait for aura's, repeat, until you get mini's, they make the event exciting for sure! for the 20 ish seconds they are up? Then full burn around 40%, bam done..Kill the blades before they charm your raid..

Plane of War was hard, and it wasn't even really hard, it was just more difficult then most of the raids we are used to these days.

No real reward? So the gnome race, where you can use or sell the ornaments isn't cool? The exp bonus that lasted like a month wasn't awesome? I'm a raider and yet I enjoyed both of those significantly, I have alts and friends who needed the xp.

Everquest has always been the game where if it was worth having more then likely your butt has to farm it and earn it, there are a few exceptions but that's the general rule.
  17. Roxxanna Augur

Not everyone's in a raid guild.
    The Gnome race is heavily cheated.
    XP was nice, but I'm maxed, and so generally disappointed in EQ right now that I only log in for Friday open raids.

Everquest has become nothing but frustration for the average player. There's no grouping, overturned content, blatant cheating with no repercussions, bullying hidden behind the dps race rule, and a horribly skewed risk vs reward system. Too many players leaving, even the forums are a ghost town. Say what you want about people sucking/whining/whatever, EQ needs them.

*By overturned I mean EQ is too easy if your grouped, but if your not lucky enough to get a good group, it's the opposite. And with mercs and widespread boxing, groups are rare.
  18. Vrinda Augur

Especially since the rewards do not scale. The rings that drop off named in DH HAs might have been an upgrade for someone in the group at 100, but they sure aren't at 105. The rewards should be significantly better if the content is significantly harder.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, beryon and Yinla like this.
  19. Blurred_Memories Augur

they fixed that scaling gear problem with TBM, it's actually good from 75 to 105. if they stick with it all they have to do is make 110 type 5's and 9's next level cap increase.
  20. Iila Augur

ha ha ha ha