Old maps that you dislike and would want to see remade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, May 22, 2015.

1. Orbital101 Augur

Added TBM Collection folder to the pack with all 5 zones collection sets to switch from default. Obviously it is missing some labels which take quite a while to complete so I will do updates as time allow. If anyone willing to share labels that I am missing you can email me at j.p.chartre@hotmail,com.
    Here a exemple of Plane of Health
    [IMG]Look in between the layers of the rocks, well hidden *Under* the leaves of plants and inside bushes... Those that are inside bushes can only been seen from an angle. you can not speed this up without missing some. I also believe that the HA and static doesnt share the same location same with Life/Decay.

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Faana, Spellfire and Fanra like this.
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Skyshrine:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

and
    -More collection labels
    -Converted many white lines used for stairs to light gray.

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Brohg and Fanra like this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Temple of Veeshan
    [IMG]
    and
    - Labels added for all the zones that was missing to PoK books. Thx for telling me!
    - Edited more zones to fit my color coding
    - Dont hesitate to send me a tell in game for any issues you may find. Thank You!

Will probably aim for more Ldon maps if not all of them in the next couple of weeks... Starting to be limited in my choices lol.

at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fanra and Ssdar like this.
  4. Faana Augur

Bless your heart and thank you for your work. Maybe DBG will start distributing them in the patches like they should have been doing the last decade.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They asked for submissions back 5-6 years ago; but only really got like 10 or so that were good enough to share. Those are the zones which will overwrite if you use default maps.

Also, nothing wrong with not knowing the complete layout of a zone the first time you enter it.
  6. Sheaffer Augur

Downloaded Orbitals maps today, can't say enough how much I love them. Great job!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Bumping this back up... and for a quick update on progress... I have 9 ldon maps unfinished... The thing is that I only have like 2 hrs to map each zones then
    you get booted out and trying to grab the same zone layout is driving me nuts lol.
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

You're doing amazing amazing amazing work. Seriously, amazing. Some of those maps (like old seb) with horrible color schemes melt my friggen eyes.

I found the page you have here: https://drive.google.com/folderview...U2xRY29EQkpoalRHYjduRzNrYmx6R2c&usp=drive_web

and plan to link it via my website in the near future. If you have a different link or any other links to maps you've done let me know I am more than willing to provide download links to it. Without people like this EQ wouldn't be alive today, I can't see people playing without maps, without allakhazam and without EQ resource. You dah real mvp
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

You can use tinyurl.com/eqmappack... thats the easiest link I have considering google drive link is scary to share...

As for Old Seb I only edited the old map in mind to eventually remap the zone. I did the same for Karnor's Castle which got very close of been remapped this week heh...Feel free to share the pack as I found that not enough are using it nor does people realize the difference they will get for upgrading to my pack.

Happy that you enjoy the pack and expect more to be added.
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

I added it to the drop down on my website and also removed the mapfiend link from my Maps section and added yours.

Now your job is to make sure that link never goes inactive so I don't have to revert back to the Mapfiend links and such. =D
  11. Brohg Augur

Orrrr you offer to mirror the files on your own storage. w/ permission-attribution-blah-blah
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Updates for Resplended Temple, Qvic, Relic, PoWater, Kod'Taz, RiftSeeker, Hate Fury, Nadox, Arkanon, Unrest.

and finally Acrylia Cavern
    [IMG]
    Considering Acrylia Cavern is inside the patcher I placed it inside the Special Events folder. You will need to Scroll down to that folder on the map window. The Khati Sha event is all labeled ;)

I also separated the Halloween ground spawn in old field of bone inside the same folder 'Special events'.

The quests NPCs for the 17th anniversary has also been added with all the nameds location to Hate Fury for the mission/raid that will go live on wednesday... Though I am warning you all that the mission is not very group friendly nor does it have any other purposes then for the achievements and to get access to the raid. The nameds only drop 1 piece of silver(16 required to access to raid) and give every attendant 1 Commorative Coin. None of them drop any loots, maybe they will but atm they are not.

I still need to work on my LDoN maps that are almost done but Legends of Norrath been slowing me down the past few weeks, I finally got the hang of it after 10 years :oops: ... You can look for some of my posted trade :rolleyes:

Enjoy!
    at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Dibab and Fanra like this.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

2016-03-30
    Changed the way the pack is to be use by making the Good's Maps folder the default folder. You will need to scroll to it once in game. I dint want to start editing maps in the patcher and end up with a huge list of folders to switch to.
    Color Coded, Layered and added missing NPCs that where not on find. Also reduced the lenght of labels so that it is less confusing to read.
    Added PoTime, Dranik's Scar and EW:Awakening Translocator to PoK
    Added Rathe Mtns (Gukta) Stone to PoK. All the PoK stones are labeled with the proper zone that they are zoning you in.
    Added more ground spawn for bags dye in Lesser Faydark
    Deleted and merged all the collection folders into one instead of one per expansions
    Added 2 new LDoN maps: The Sepulcher of the Damned & The Forlorn Cavern

The Sepulcher of the Damned
    [IMG]
    Coming up:
    All of the other Butcherblock LDoN maps
    Sanctus Seru
    and what ever else worth adding :D
  14. Orbital101 Augur

Thats what I did with PoKnowledge.
    [IMG]I also want to point out that when I take a screen shot of the maps I turn off the labels. I spend as much time on labels that I do making the lines and filter all the NPCs one by one and see if they are worth adding or not.... Its possible I miss something but thats where you come in! :rolleyes:
  15. Iila Augur

Mirroring won't keep up to date, easily. Good isn't self-hosting, or doing anything scummy with his host, so there's no reason to avoid sending people to the place that will always have the most up to date map pack.
  16. Orbital101 Augur

2016-04-02
    Reduced the size of most labels in PoK from 3 to 2. Even so all of that layer is hideable now and NPCs on find I rather keep it at a minimum because when I open a map and all I see are labels my eyes want to pop out.
    All Luclin maps as been color coded.
    Vex Thal as been made more newb friendly.
    Netherbian Lair remaped.
    New version of Santus Seru added. I was seting up to remap Santus Seru but when I opened Brewal's version I got my thunder stolen. I just cleaned up the double lines all of his maps inside his pack seem to have with the old version of mapfiend that are on the same layer.
    [IMG]
    Good job who ever did Santus Seru!
    at tinyurl.com/eqmappack
    or just CLICK ME
    Download and place the 3 folders inside the Zip inside the main maps folder and once in game switch to the folders you need with Good's maps been the main map folder you want to use most of the time. When you switch to it once it will stay to the last one switched to every time you log in.

So I seem to have found a work around the problem I had saving maps on some characters. All I need to do is create a new folder to work with. It probably have to do with the admin right but after spending a babilion hrs to find a work around I will do with creating a new empty folder and switch to it when I edit maps which I was doing before anyway without creating a new one. Seem that the extra folders get a lock on when I patch and that lock is unlockable? I just need to make sure that I double check at first if saving work and then im gtg. Anyway, with my bard fixed labeling is much easier and it also make me feels like doing more...

Untill next update, safe traveling!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fanra like this.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Lol, I literally downloaded the old one like 5-10 minutes ago.
  18. Caitie New Member

That's great that someone would take this on. Any map with white coloring needs to be redone badly. Don't know why anyone would do that to begin with
  19. Orbital101 Augur

White lines come out just fine with a transparent map window but its most of the time hard to read depending the background colors.. I also try to minimize the color coding or the lines colors as it either get confusing when 10 + colors for NPCs or when we open maps and we get a lazer show.

Anyway there shouldn be any more maps with white lines beside Lavastorm Mtns that will be fixed in the next update some time this week. I dint want to force people to use extra maps folders but that open up the only way for players to fix maps inside the patcher.
  20. Orbital101 Augur

Work in progress
    Lavastorm coming soon in your map window!
    New style, new concept, will it work?
    [IMG]