Hate Fury Augments on Vendor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Mar 23, 2016.

1. MrMajestykx Augur

we have beat it clean both pre and post patch.
  2. Riou EQResource

The open raid force on Cazic beat it and they haven't tried Crypt of Sul raids yet
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

I'd like to see it left in, just like PoWar was.
    kerp and Arcainos like this.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

*cough* Buffblocking *cough*
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

That was fixed before their win :D
  6. Caitie New Member

It's really nice to see how much concern there is for the groupers not having any content this year. But, if you'd really like to be helpful to the groupers try posting the strategy for the 17 mini nameds before the raid. That would help the groupers a lot. Why isn't anyone posting anything about this?
  7. Weebaaa Augur

If I was to venture a guess, I would say there isn't much group strat for the group content of the mission, because there's no real reason to do it with s group. (Besides the achievement, if you aren't a raider)
  8. Iila Augur

Because there's one mechanic per a named? You should be able to figure them out within one or two deaths. And the reward is just one coin, so why would anyone not clearing for the raid even care?
  9. Maedhros High King

I've never seen a guild post a write up of just about the exact strategy on an event and put it out there for public view like Prosperitas did. Sure ROI does their twitch feed sometimes that you can glean some ideas from, but its never been by the numbers do exactly this to win.. plus if you dont have the insane dps that ROI does, chances are their strat isnt going to be something you can pull off very easily.
    Casual raid teams just got a free pass from Prosperitas to some of the best gear in the game that they most likely would have had a much more difficult time getting, if at all. Hopefully this kind of thing never happens again, but you gotta give some props to Prosperitas for laying it out there for the less fortunate! Obviously you still have to have the chops to beat the event since a perfect strat is only as good as the people that you use to attempt it.
    I think its safe to say that the community has been more than generous about this event and since its just a tiny candle compared to the towering inferno of difficulty that PoWar was when it was introduced, the two events shouldnt really be compared to one another other than being anniversary events.

I could see a short extension to account for the week that the event was bugged before it was fixed.
    I can also see the value of keeping it on full time since any good content is scarce at this point.
    Simply cannot see the justification of ever putting the augs on the vender, for any amount of currency that doesnt even exist.

If you had to twist my arm to choose, I would vote to keep the event permanently but never ever put the items up on any venders. Definitely increase the captain lockout timer to normal raid lockouts. Dont wanna be doing this every 3 days for the next year!
  10. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Who's the open raid force on CT? Freelance?
  11. Riou EQResource

Yes
  12. Blurred_Memories Augur

<Prosperitas> is not nearly the first to do this. If you go look up older raid events on Allakhazam, you'll find write-ups on a huge number of them, spanning over a decade.

If you don't mind sharing more on your opinion though, I'm curious why you hope this never happens again. Raids are instanced now. There's nothing to lose by sharing information is there?

~blurred
  13. Warpeace Augur

Must be horrible to share a working strat so more can possibly enjoy loot from a limited time event that was broken at the start. /salute to the Prosperitas team for beating it and willing to share what they did to win besides the /buffblock trick like some did to get their win.

Casual raid teams didn't get any free pass it can still be a challenging event if your not on your game.
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

strat for the clear? its a crawl and kill ? there is one mini per room and can be done by one group, albeit aint easy,was trial and error for a lot of us that did it as a group before doing it as a raid. Grouper frankly imo dont need to worry about it much for the 1 coin a kill your going to get for the amount of coin your gonna need to get to purchase anything worth while is not gonna happen before this event goes away. The only erstwhile thing for the clear atm is for the raid, and yes it jacks the groupers but it is what it is. IF I was a grouper honestly I wouldnt even worry about doing the clear all the clear garners you is access to the Raid.
  15. Maedhros High King

I understand that in the "everyone gets a participation trophy" era, we have grown to expect to be spoon-fed everything we desire. Everyone is special and all that. There is simply no greater accomplishment in Everquest than beating difficult content all on your own without being handed the keys to the event. That is why I hope we dont get such a detailed write up on raids on public forums again.

I realize that the amount of coordination and precision that goes into this event is probably something that the vast majority of raid forces cannot accomplish, even with the step by step write up. Given that it is stated to be a limited time only raid, I can understand the pressure to beat it and get as many of the items as you can while the window is open is very high for leadership teams in every guild. The limited time is what makes me feel charitable with info sharing on this event.

Its a hard event even knowing what is going to happen, and you have got to be super precise.
    Feel free to check out our twitch from yesterday. Wiped on the first attempt with only 40 people and zero rangers to handle the dang swords (wtb good ranger recruits). Hard to get a full raid on Fridays but the timer was up. 2nd attempt was pretty smooth.
    https://www.twitch.tv/unconscionable/v/58067985
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

17. Makavien Augur

Most strats came way later on allakazams or any other open to all forum or game site. Some years later. But giving that it is limited time content and people were complaining on the forums was the only reason the strat was shared.
    You could still come up with your own strat and just ignore the shared one. Heck most of the original raid strat still holds info and the spell data was out which is what we used to make our strat with Hurlagnome putting together an awesome write up.
  18. Klak Augur

Different guilds also have different strats due to their own strengths/weakness. Maedhros was right, roi could show strats but doesnt mean other guilds will be able to do it our way.
  19. Xanathol Augur

A rather ironic duality to call sharing a strat a 'participation trophy' where the declaration simultaneously proclaims struggles in that which most find none.
  20. Maedhros High King

Not sure I am following you there Xanathol. I was referring to the people that seemed to be saying they were entitled to beat the anniversary event.
    To me, what makes EQ great is that each person can go whatever route they want to play; not everyone should be rewarded the same for each route though. Part of what I hate about society is all the participation trophy mentality. Kids graduating from 2nd grade and BS like that. The concept of that mentality getting into EQ troubles me.
    I'd like to encourage the people who have struggled to beat the anniversary event, and because its for a limited time only as far as we know, I support some info sharing on it, but typically I do not.
    The frustration of wiping repeatedly to an event, steeling your resolve and carrying on til the job is done, leads to the greatest feeling that I imagine is possible in a video game. It would be great if everyone could experience that on whatever level they can attain. But again, the rewards should be equivalent to the difficulty of the task. That is all.