Alt wiz question.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Whulfgar, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I am playing an alt wiz, no rk. III's, no raid focus strickly group gear..

Question would be for you bad wizzies out there ..

For a none Raid focus, slanging rk.II grp geared up Alt wizzy whats considered average dps sustained, and whats good , and whats top tiered sustained (no discing at all) dps wise dps ?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Disc'ing is part of your sustained, if you dont use them you will have crap for sustained. It also depends on other factors, such as the rest of your group, your AA count, and a bit more.

I think the better question would be what are spell cast orders and disc usage for maximum sustained be.
    Xikteny and code-zero like this.
  3. Apoc Augur

Mana burn skews things so much it's hard to say. Outside of raiding you should be pushing 65-75k dps in group content maybe higher depending on your group setup and things.
  4. Brohg Augur

It was that in TDS, Apoc, but not now for grouping wizards. The SD(née PD) nerf to Force/proc damage was bleeping major. 15-20k lower than that since the nerfs would not indicate Doing Something Wrong.
  5. Apoc Augur

Yea it was a big hit i guess it depends on your group comp and if you use shocking vortex etc. I havn't bought TDS for my other account so idk how the dps is on a group geared wiz.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Ok, guess People told me before that your burns can not be counted as your sustained dps. That burning dps an sustain dps were completely different things..
  7. Xikteny Augur

Utilizing your burns as often as possible has the effect of increasing your sustained DPS over a given period of time.
    Brohg likes this.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

Burst and sustained are two different things.( Idk if you mixed up "burn dps" with burst dps )

For example, group Wizards can burst 300k+ but they can't sustain that burst, if that makes sense.
  9. Brohg Augur

/GU Anashti Sul, Lady of Life in 25s, 26655k @1066212sdps | #1 Hotpants 15283k@611306sdps | #2 Shaman + pets 2992k@119689sdps | #3 Enchanter + pets 2864k@114553sdps | #4 Cleric + pets 2090k@83618sdps | #5 ShadowKnight + pets 2066k@82654sdps | #6 Bard 1360k@54392sdps

I can't claim that is "my character's dps" in the same way that

/GU Lesser Spirit Armor in 2392s, 351790k @147069sdps | #1 Hotpants 163393k@68308sdps (different group, rng war mnk mnk cle)

is. But the second log, of the combined fighting to complete four HAs across the assorted zones of The Broken Mirror, does nevertheless include many "burn" abilities. Sustained Destruction basically on refresh, Fury of Something going all the time, Twincast Rk.III greyed out religiously. I could have done some more, I think I missed a rep or two on ITC, but whatever. The ones I did use were totally part of the damage I contributed to getting the job done. Anyone saying that using a burn ability doesn't count is 100% just making excuses for not using theirs. They suck.

Most burn abilities refresh in 10 minutes these days. Some take 20, but whatever it is, think about looking back over the previous interval and evaluating the damage done. Two characters both have all their burns available, nothing's "used up" since it all refreshed. One of you, who used burns, over the course of the previous interval, did more damage. That's it. Did more. Just like casting more spells. Sooner or later there's a 2 minute break and everyone's mana refills; the one who spent more mana when everyone hits that break - wins. The other player just left power on the table. It was there, they could have used it, decided to (relatively) suck instead.
  10. Critts Augur

First off I'm going on memory so my numbers may be off. I seem to recall a grind of constant pulls for about 30 mins in which two wizards parsed about 98-115k before AE rains got Nurfed in TDS there was an enchanter and Druid in group. Current top end sustained I have seen around 170-185k at 800-950 secs on Wither and Decay before they got HP reduced with the mana burn Critical change. (That was without mana burn damage). That group had an Enchanter and a Druid. Those numbers are not really what wizards can do consistently Parse. In that fight and others there where lots of Claw Twincast that Uped damage and that is a purely random chance. I don't really pay to much attention to the group game sustained unless I'm testing and if I'm testing it is typically controlled on a test dummy or something.
  11. Brohg Augur

There have been several very substantive nerfs since that time.