Tipsy Gnome Race

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EQgamer23, Mar 25, 2016.

1. EQgamer23 Elder

If you're going to have a garbage event, at least make sure it works.

30 minute warning, 15 minute warning, 5 minute warning, 2 minute warning... then boom: Tipsy Teena doesn't start up the event.

Sitting around like an idiot trying to Hail Teena, but she's too hammered to start it up.

Seriously Daybreak, I love, love, this game, but you make it so hard to not hate the way you run it.

If you've decided to pull the plug on EQNext, smarten the hell up and run EQ properly, or pull the plug on the entire company.

If I did my job the way you guys do yours, I'd have asked to be fired long ago.
    Metanis and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  2. Geri_Petrovna Augur

3. Snaky-CT Journeyman

The only problem i have with it is - players dont always have a free character slot to create a level 1 gnome... making it an impossible to do quest
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Gumby Augur

Make a free account. Then just hand your main the shirt for the achievement and the orgnament.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

EQ accounts are free to make and play, create a free to play one do the race on that and give it to your real account :p
  6. Orbital101 Augur

I think you are limited to 2 free accounts every 24 hrs or so. Im guessing if you pay you can make more but i create new accounts quite often and never been able to make more then 2 back to back. have fun with your new ftp account and gratz on bags of gold from your loyalty point!
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Did they change it? Most of the good stuff on the loyalty merchant used to not be visible to free accounts (platinum bag included).
  8. Orbital101 Augur

hmm well not sure about plat bags but definitely the gold ticket on there
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  9. Zamiam Augur

aye, bags of plat is gold access only ..
  10. SomeEQGuy Elder

They couldn't have used a shroud for this?
  11. Corpse1 New Member

The drunken gnome race isnt' much of a "drunk" race but more of a test to see whether you'll have a seizure or not.

SO MANY HEADACHES
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You only need more than one account free account if you are running thru more than once a race.
  13. Regnad Journeyman

This is impossible to do. You have to have a second account to kill everything in the way, esp in unrest. Thanks for making the game no fun
  14. Geri_Petrovna Augur

On our server, some kind people killed the mobs to let gnomers through.
  15. Uuvin Augur

Took me 2 hours to remove all my items from one of my 14 toons to be able to create a new gnome. I then transferred a few lowbie items over to the new gnome warrior ( blade of carnage, helm of rallos zek, heirophants cloak, orb of the infinite void, zlandicars talisman) to gain as many hp as I felt comfortable with. Ended up with about 850 hp. Later someone told me there is a restriction on level and / or hp - go past a certain point and you are instantly killed when you zone into Steamfont so I got lucky and stayed below the threshold without even knowing it.

I bought philter of the wolf and philter of unlife awareness potions. One hour before the race was to begin, I take one of my higher level toons to unrest and checked out the path - killing any werebat or shroom or terror along that path - leaving all undead alone. When the mobs respawn, I check again...until all mobs are undead. Then I go back to my level 1 and wait. With the twink gear I can survive lions in steamfont, brownies and orcs in L-fay, Orcs and falling in Kelethin, Ogres and orcs in BBM, Aqua goblins and rats in Dagnors ... and can even survive a few rounds with hags and terrors. I use the sow potions sparingly, but usually in L-fay and Dagnors. and use the invu potion in Unrest.

It generally takes me 14 - 15 minutes to complete the run. In the early days, once I was done I would run to the bank and remove all my gear and put in shared bank. delete the toon and make a new one with the same name. rush to the bank , grab my stuff and run it again. After that was done I would even do it a 3rd time...if there were not too many going. There seems to be a hard limit of 15 rewards from Dibs before he runs out of ornamnets. For a while I though he gave out 20, but someone else helped me count the number of successes by parking a toon there and counting who arrived.

This task does give me headaches also, it is a pain, and I found it impossible to get to the basement without some higher level assisting in some way. Its also very restrictive with a max of 15 per run. On Povar, we have had 13 toons meeting up at tipsy at the start of some runs. Its a big business - making extra ornaments and selling them. Some folks have parked mages in each zone to CoH their gnomes, others have parked rangers at places to do SoE. I saw one person running a bard with their gnome for selos. The person with 6 mages runs 2 gnomes and gets both done before I can arrive. If there were more who did that, I would not ever be able to get the ornamnets I want for all my toons. You gotta be fast or you can end up way behind. Some days I can only run once, knowing the 3 people ahead of me got 12 done already and are doing more. Other times ( Sunday morning 6 am) it is only 3 toons.

If you see a Level 1 Gnome named Gonzales on Povar - that's me. You can ask for help and I will do all I can to see you learn the run. use ;tell Gonzales or [tell Gonzales - that avoids the drunk talk using /tell. Hope this helped you in some way. Good luck out there.
    Eanelder likes this.
  16. Blurred_Memories Augur

isn't the shirt no-trade?
  17. Derd Augur

no the shirt is tradable as are the ornament.
  18. Ronec New Member

I finished the race yesterday and got the message from the gnome in Unrest basement, we are all out of ornaments, thanks for wasting your time. Has anyone else been shafted like this?
  19. Eanelder Augur

Yes, he will only give out 15 ornaments per race and then you start getting that message.

Would be nice if they just ended the race and gave the system wide message when the 15th was handed out. Although I guess the gnome race shirt is still available as a consolation prize.
  20. Grummy_NB Augur

if you are allowed twink gear, potions, outside help.. what is the point of a Level 1 toon?
    Dibab likes this.